Last Story

Blank

Youngbin opened his eyes due to the bright sunlight. He sat up and looks around him which looks like a huge park. There’s a vast field in front of him with so many trees and grass. Youngbin take a deep breath and smiles. The sun is shining brightly on the sky today. Birds chirping signalling that day is one of the best day. The whole mood is also perfect.

He stands up and starts walking along the field. Surprisingly, he didn’t know where he was and there’s not even a single life to ask. There’s only him alone accompanied by the birds, insects and squirrels. He kept on walking forward without any directions.

He saw something that caught his interest, resting under the big tree in front of him, sat on the grass with his back in front of him. He rubs his eyes, not believing what he saw in front. He walks towards the figure. Unknowingly to him, he started running faster towards that person. Now he saw clearly in front of him, with his black short hair that Youngbin always loves. Youngbin still remembers the feeling of that soft fluffy hair on his fingers. The pale skin that’s glowing under the sunlight. The one that glows every morning when Youngbin woke up. Youngbin have always know, wherever he are, even in crowds or far away he can always recognise that person. He stopped and stand behind that person. Youngbin pants heavily because of running so fast making the other person sensed his presence.

That person turns around his head, smiling.

“You’ve come?”

Youngbin fell on his knees, eyes blurring from all the tears flowing out. In front of him now is the person that he would never expect to meet again. The one that he misses dearly. The one that holds his key of happiness. The star for his darkest life. The one that has been parted from him due to some cruel fate. The one that’s not in the world anymore. Not in real life. Someone that he can’t meet while he’s still living. Something strucked in Youngbin’s mind. Is it mean? Nevertheless, Youngbin have loses all his senses and keep on crying on the guy’s lap. Dawon didn’t seem surprised by Youngbin’s behaviour hence continuing rubbing the older guy’s back slowly while muttering “I’m here.” repeatedly.

“I prayed… I wished… everyday… every night… just to see you again—finally.”

“I am here, Youngbin-ah… I’m here.”

Dawon pulls the older and hugs him closer. Youngbin felt his heart sank deeper. This smell. The one that he misses so much. The smell that lingers on the younger’s clothes, which he always hugged every night before sleep.  The smell that he first search everytime he woke up in the morning. The person that owns the smell, which have left him before, bringing along all of his happiness with him. He’s here now. He’s here now. Finally. He tried to stop the tears falling down but he can’t seem to control it at all.

“Woah! I’m glad I’ve prepared for this. Well you know, I never saw you crying this bad.”

Dawon pulled up the older’s chin, staring at each other’s eyes. Youngbin now have a puffy eyes, all red from crying with some of it still falling down his cheeks. Dawon rubs his thumbs on Youngbin’s cheeks, wiping the tears off him. He smiles dearly at Youngbin who have calmed down and sniffling now. He breaks the hugs but still wrapping his hands loosely on the older’s waist.

“Did I hurt you so bad?”

“---yes.. You never taught me how to live without you. I was torn into pieces.”

“I’m sorry… But I’m here now. We’re together now.”

“I can’t believe it… you’re here.. finally here.”

“This time, its real. We’ll be together for real. Forever.”

Youngbin hugs Dawon tights as if his life depends on it. He will never let Dawon go anywhere. The feeling of losing Dawon have scarred him. All those times without Dawon have really break him. He can never deal with another lose. Losing Dawon also means losing his own self as Dawon is his life. He won’t ever let that happened again. The memory of watching his lover dead keep on playing in his mind making the tears falling uncontrollably. There’s a tight feeling in his heart. Hurt. It’s hurt.

“Binnie-ah? It’s okay. I’m here.”

“I miss you…. I really miss you…why did you left me?”

Youngbin buried his face into Dawon’s chest with tears still rolling, wetting Dawon’s white shirt. Dawon let the older guy let out his tears for as long as he wants while muttering “I’m here.” for countless times.

“You know what, I’ve always dream for this to happen. Us reunited again. I’ve been waiting for you, for how long? Is it almost 5 years now?”

Dawon smiles at the bitter memories while holding Youngbin in his arms and his back. The older has calmed himself and stayed still in Dawon’s embrace.

“I’m glad you’re with me now for real. But this is not what I want. I want you to live a happy life even if I’m not there.”

“I need you in my life. I can’t live without you.”

Dawon leans downward and kissed Youngbin’s forehead before lying on the grass bringing Youngbin down with him. Both of them hug each other and let out a hearty laugh. Youngbin snuggled closer into Dawon’s chest, never intending to let the other guy’s go. Both of them stay like that for a long time.

“I hope time will stop here. I really need you.”

Youngbin felt his eyelids getting heavier and fall asleep unknowingly in Dawon’s hug.

“Youngbin-ah.. live well. I’ll always looking out for you. We’ll meet again. Properly. That time I’ll gladly welcome you.”

-------------------------

Youngbin slowly opened his eyes from the bright light. He felt something sharp pierced his arms and shocked when he saw the needle attached with his skin.

“Doctor!!! He’s wake up!”

Youngbin felt his heart dropped when he saw Jaeyoon’s worried face and Inseong’s back who is running toward outside calling the doctor.

“Thank god you’ve finally wake up. Please don’t do this again Binnie-ah. Dawon wouldn’t like to see you doing this. He wants you to live.”

He wants you to live. Youngbin-ah… live well.

Youngbin feels something warm running down his cheeks when he realizes what actually happens to him. His heart hurt, hurt from all of this cruel fate he have.