First Story

Blank

**********************************************************************************

“You know what? You remind me of stars. Stars that always shine so bright even in the darkest nights. That’s how you are to me. You bring the lights into my darkest life. You gave me energy and strength, happiness that I never felt before. Did you know how much I love you? It is this much!”

*********************************************************************************

“Wake up…..  Binnie …. Wake up…”

Youngbin groaned when he felt something heavy on his body and his hair. He turned his body around making that something or rather that someone fell on his side, chuckling.

“Please let me sleep longer, its weekend.”

“Nooooo… you’ve promised me. We are having a date today.”

Youngbin opened his eyes slightly and awed at the person lying beside him. He’s not a morning person, so do the guy beside him. But look at that, early morning and that guy’s already glowing that much. Does he always looking that good every day? Youngbin smiled at the scene in front of him. Dawon is lying on his side staring at Youngbin while smiling his most naive smile that Youngbin always loves. Youngbin opened his arms making the younger gladly scooted over and cuddled to his chest.

“How can you be this energetic in the morning?”

“Because today is gonna be a memorable day!”

He opened his eyes and stares at the ceiling. He turned his head towards his left and sighed. How long has the bed been this wide? He sat up and sighed. “I should get ready for work.”

He wore the black suit that’s hanging on his wall. Then he took the black tie on the left drawer of his cupboard.

“Don’t wear that! You are not going to a funeral. Wear the maroon one that I gave you.”

He ends up picking the black tie and kept the maroon one inside the drawer. He stands in front of the mirror to check on his appearance.

That’s my man. Always looking good. How can you be this handsome? Making me wants to bite you.”

There’s no use of looking good anymore, no one is gonna care. He moves to the empty kitchen and grabs a cup of coffee from the coffee maker. He eat his bread in silence.

“Can we eat cake for lunch today? I need sweets.”

“But you’re sweet enough?”

“Youngbin-ah…..”

“Okay okay, just wait for me to pick you up at lunch. Okay?”

Dawon smiles so wide that Youngbin thought his gum may hurt from it. Dawon came running to him and kissed his cheek.

He stopped smiling when he realized there’s only an empty kitchen in front of him. He didn’t realized his hands is on his cheeks, rubbing the empty spaces. He didn’t saw Dawon’s back while cooking breakfast for him anymore. He put the cup in the sink and picked his car keys on the table before walking out from the house.

“Be careful on your way. Come back early today!”

*********************************************************************************

“You want to know when the moment that I never regret is? The day when I purposely dropped my banana milk on your white shirt. Watching your angry and disappointed face but you never scold me for that. You are truly nice like what I always imagine all this time. And because of that stupid mistake I have a reason to have your number.”

Youngbin have his full attention on the road when he’s driving but he can never stopped smiling at Dawon who is holding his left hand with his both smaller hands. He took the younger guy’s hand and kiss it softly.

“Can time stop? I really want it to be like this every day.”

*********************************************************************************

PONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Youngbin is startled at the loud sound. He realized the traffic light has turns green and he quickly drive the car away. He turns the wheel to left before entering the parking lot of a really big and tall building. Youngbin got to his desk and start his work. He stares at the photo frame on his table. He took that photo during their first anniversary.

What are you looking at?”

“The handsome creature in front of me.”

“Stop that, the teacher will saw you.”

“Let it be, I want the whole world to know you’re mine.”

Youngbin just smiles and continue taking notes when Dawon kept on staring besides him.

“Youngbin-ah, did you hear what I say?”

“Ah sorry Inseong, what is it again?”

“Nah, It’s okay.. It’s not that important. I’ll ask Jaeyoon to accompany me to that dinner with our client. I forget it’s the day already.”

“Sorry Inseong-ah.”

Inseong just walked out of the room and sighed. He’s already used watching Youngbin always daydreaming at work. His body is here, at work, doing his work perfectly in the company they both established. But his soul is never here. Ever since that day happened.

**********************************************************************************

“Haven’t you grown tired of me?”

“How can you think of that? I will never be tired of you.”

“Because I will stay with you till forever. Even when you have grown tired of me.”

“Me too. I will never let you go.”

*********************************************************************************

That’s the last conversation they had before Dawon lose his consciousness. Youngbin is staring at the lying figure in front of him. All because of that damn car accident. They are having a night drive like always that day when suddenly a car came from the opposite lane towards them. Youngbin is startled when he felt Dawon turned the steering wheel aside hence decreasing the impact of the collision. It all happened really fast and now after 6 months Dawon is still lying on the bed in a coma state, relying on the oxygen pack to continue his life. The doctor said chances for him to wake up is so low but Youngbin never lose hope. He knew Dawon will get conscious again.

Youngbin get up from his seat and went outside to breathe some air. He walked around the park for a few minutes before heading backs to Dawon’s room. He saw a few doctors running past him. He didn’t realize that he too, start walking faster. His heart beating fast when he saw the commotion in front of him. He is standing still in front of the door. Dawon’s room.

“Time of death, 22:00 pm 27 July 2017.”

Youngbin fell on his knees when he heard the doctor’s announcement. This is not right. He’s supposed to be here. Waking up again, smiling at him. With him, building their own life together. He gripped the small box inside his hands. That is useless now. All didn’t matter to him anymore. He heard screaming and people running beside him but it didn’t matter anymore. The sound is fading, even his vision has turned black. Everything is pointless to him now. The love of his life is gone forever now.

**********************************************************************************

“I hope we can be together, forever. I didn’t know if I can go through this life without you.”

Youngbin looked to his side and watch at Dawon who is lying down beside him. Both of them are now cuddling on the rooftop they had. He smiled when Dawon return his look. Youngbin moved his hand under Dawon’s head while they both staring at the sky. Dawon moved his body closer to cuddle up with Youngbin’s.

“You know what? You remind me of stars. Stars that always shine so bright even in the darkest nights. That’s how you are to me. You bring the lights into my darkest life. You gave me energy and strength, happiness that I never felt before. Did you know how much I love you? It is this much!”

“I know that and I will always be here by your side. Even when your face turns ugly.”

“Hey! I will always look this handsome.”

Youngbin laughed at the younger’s comment. He brought their body closer and kiss the top of Dawon’s head while smelling it.

“Yes, you’ll always be this beautiful to me. Even when we’re both getting old.”

Dawon moves closer while smiling and brought their face closer before he kissed Youngbin’s lips softly.

“I love you so much.” Dawon said against his lips.