Chapter 3

Hold My Hand

When everyone was finished eating, getting dressed, and had passed their manager’s inspection to leave the house, they piled into the van to attend their schedule. Jinyoung usually liked to sit up front in the passenger's seat next to the manager and talk about the day’s schedule so that he could make sure the kids got everywhere on time, but today he let Bambam take his hand and pull him into the backseat.

    As the other boys talked and played and yelled, Bambam bit his lip, absentmindedly sliding his thumb over the delicate skin of Jinyoung’s hand.

Jinyoung smiled at the boy who was looking forward apprehensively. He doubted that Bam even noticed that he had brought Jinyoung with him to the back of the van or that he was still holding his hand.

Jinyoung reached over with his free hand and swiped a finger along the fringe of Bambam’s bangs, flicking the hair out of his eyes.

Bambam blinked lightly a few times, coming back from his thoughts, and his gaze fell upon on his hand joined with Jinyoung’s. He blushed a little and started to let go, but Jinyoung tightened his grip.

“What’s on your mind?” he asked quietly. Bambam kept his head down and sat in silence for a long moment before speaking.

“You’re a good hyung.” he responded softly.

Jinyoung smiled, squeezing Bambam’s hand. “I know.”

Jinyoung expected Bambam to laugh, but he didn’t.

Bambam brought his other hand to cup Jinyoung’s too. “You are smart and grown-up and you take care of all of us and we don’t even notice. You’re a great producer, too. Last night in the studio...no one’s ever been that patient with me while recording before. You’re really talented and professional, hyung. I really appreciate you.” he brought his feet up onto the seat, sandwiching their hands between his knees and his chest. His voice dropped a little bit, matching the smallness of his new position. “And you like to hold my hand. I like when you hold my hand.”

Jinyoung was glad that Bambam never looked up because the expression on his face had to be so sentimental and happy that Bambam would surely get embarrassed by it and take everything back.

Jinyoung squeezed Bambam’s hand again. “I know.” he whispered.

Bambam smiled. Jinyoung smiled too. He held on tight and didn’t let go until it was time to unbuckle and start the day.

Bambam and Jinyoung might not have the most obvious friendship, but they loved each other immensely in their own special, quiet way. Jinyoung liked to hold Bambam’s hand. And Bambam liked it too.

 

The End.