Chapter 2

Hold My Hand

When Bambam emerged from his room in the morning, clad in loose plaid pajama pants and a white tank top, he plodded barefoot into the living room to find Jinyoung already up and on the couch. He was wearing  a t-shirt, sweatpants, black glasses, and that awful cardigan. Bambam yawned and glanced at the TV to saw that Jinyoung was watching the morning news.

“You’re such a grandpa, hyung.” Bambam said, curling up onto the couch next to Jinyoung nonetheless.

“Aish,’ Jinyoung lightly swatted him on the shoulder without looking away from the TV, “I don’t need this attitude from a sloppy teenager first thing in the morning.”

“I’m not a teenager anymore, hyung.” Bambam lazily whined, as Jinyoung absentmindedly laced their fingers together.

Bambam laced and unlaced their fingers in different patterns as Jinyoung watched the television.

“You make me teen...ager” Jinyoung softly sang, turning Bambam’s hand over and then back again.

Bambam settled his head onto Jinyoung’s shoulder and closed his eyes, hoping to sneak in a short snooze before the rest of the members got up for breakfast.

Jinyoung tugged Bambam’s hand into his lap and played with his fingers while he mentally calculated how long each member would take to emerge from his room.

3...2...1

As if right on cue, a sleepy Yugyeom stumbled from his room, slumped over and with a serious case of bedhead. He rubbed his eyes as he staggered into the living room, not quite awake enough to do anything but let his feet take him where they would. He blinked the sleep out of his eyes and when his vision unblurred he discovered Bambam and Jinyoung on the couch, the latter of the two regarding him fondly.

“Good morning.” he said giving Jinyoung a close-eyed dopey smile and stumbling toward his hyung.

Jinyoung simply hummed in response and used his free hand to grab Yugyeom’s arm and pull him down to half his height so that he could press a kiss to the top of his head. Yugyeom’s smile didn’t waver as he continued on his clumsy way into the kitchen to find something for breakfast.

Jinyoung held tightly to Bambam’s hand with one hand and used the other to trace over each of the boy’s long, thin fingers.

3...2...1

Youngjae and Mark emerged from their rooms at the exact same moment, nearly opening their doors into each other. Mark jumped, a wide eyed look of surprise on his face that reminded Jinyoung of a bunny and caused him to smile.

“Oh! Good morning, hyung.” Youngjae exclaimed entirely too loudly for the early hour, but with such a sunny disposition that Mark couldn’t be mad.

“You almost killed me.” Mark said, swinging an arm around Youngjae’s neck and pulling the giggling boy into the kitchen. Jinyoung smiled at the two as they made their way past him.

Next...He’s gonna be hungry-

Jinyoung’s thoughts were interrupted as a shirtless Jackson burst out of his room, running straight through the living room and into the kitchen.

Jinyoung smiled, tracing his thumb over edges of each of Bambam’s smooth fingernails. He knew that Jackson was up late the night before working out and was bound to have worked up quite the appetite overnight.

And that leaves…

Jaeboem quietly left his room, neatly shutting his door behind him. He took his time to stretch his body in the hallway before entering the living room. His eyes followed the TV screen as he walked across the room, coming to stand beside the arm of the couch and watch the news segment. He touched Jinyoung’s shoulder by way of greeting and then crossed his arms over his chest, watching the TV for a moment longer before joining the others in the kitchen.

The segment ended and the program switched to commercials. Jinyoung shut the TV off with the remote and then put it back on the arm of the couch. He looked down at Bambam who was leaning heavily against his shoulder, eyes closed but not quite asleep. Jinyoung smiled and untangled their fingers to grip his dongsaeng’s hand properly, bringing it up to his mouth to give the back of Bambam’s hand a kiss.

“Time for breakfast Bammie.” He muttered down at the younger.

Bambam squinched his eyes and groaned, letting go of Jinyoung’s hand and wrapping his arms tightly around Jinyoung’s arm, burying his nose in the other’s shoulder.

Jinyoung expertly repressed a fond smile at the childish gesture and tapped Bambam’s hands where they grasped his arm in a koala-like grip. “Up, up, up, come on…” Jinyoung got up from the couch, pulling a whiny Bam with him and dragged him into the kitchen for breakfast.