The Frenemy

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon's POV 

I woke up an hour early than usual, I'm just waiting for the car to be ready. I'll stop by a coffee shop for some latte and pass by time then I'll head to school. 

My eyes suddenly turn to the girl that just passed by, " She's gonna walk again?" I questioned myself, then an interesting idea popped up my head. 

" Annoying her would be a great way of passing time. " I smiled and pick up my stuff and call out my driver's attention.

 " Ajhussi, take a day off today, I'll just walk with my classmate. " before I walk out I grab a couple of bucks and give it to him. 

" what is this for My lord?" He asked with a hint of wonder in his eyes, 

I rolled my eyes " Ugh, again with that my lord thingy, I said stop calling me that, I don't even know why you still refer me with such, we're in a modern day, and I don't know where you got the idea to call me like that. You're not a slave here or something. " I sometimes wonder if Mr. Hwang is from some kind of historic place or he's just messing with me, but whatever. 

Anyways,  I gave him the money cause I just feel like it would be great to take his family out, and it would help if they are on a budget. " Go on a family date, you always work for me, following every instruction I say, you deserve that. Besides, I have enough savings. " I winked my eyes and run off. " Lock the door and gate after you park the car back. Take care!" 

I immediately follow Eunjung. I walked in a backward manner and greet her " Hi. " I said while waving my hands,  then I walked in a normal phase and position. 

" Oh God not you again. " she rolled her eyes

I chuckled at her reaction, how cute. Cute not in I am attracted to her kind of way, but in an amusing kind. "  you should be thankful that you see such beauty as early as this. " I smiled, almost reaching up to my ear. 

She breathed heavily, " Conceited much?" I nodded cutely and made funny faces, she face palm me and lightly push my face that it made us both laugh. 

" Micheoso. " She said and started smiling. 

" So. What's your plan today? " 

" What plan? " 

" With Qri. " 

" Ugh. No-nothing! " 

" Don't do that Eunjung. " 

" do what?" 

" being a hopeless romantic. " I bluntly said to her. " You're pretty and appealing, don't be so hard on yourself. Arasso?" 

Eunjung smiled at me, the sincere kind. " Don't fall for me Ms. Park, my heart is taken. " 

I laughed at her sarcastic remark. " I'm sorry you're just too attractive Ms. Ham." I answered to go with the flow. 

And then out of the blue she blurted out, " Thank you Jiyeon. Why are you so nice to me.?" 

" I don't know. " That question made me turn serious " I just know what sadness feel so I don't want the people around me to feel it. " 

I can feel her intensely looking at me, then she puts her arm around my shoulder, she is a bit taller than me, for about a centimeter I guess , and that gesture surprised me. " That's deep. You have me as a neighbor, you'd be puking rainbows and happy thoughts from now on. " 

" You're getting really comfortable having skinship with me huh Ms. Ham. " 

" Get use to it. You brought this to yourself. " 

" Have you always been like this or you're normally like the awkward person I met yesterday?" 

She puts up this confuse look, " I adjust to whoever I'm with. Like a chameleon. " then she giggled. 


We passed by a stop light then she slid down her hand to hold mine, we started walking holding hands, it's not intertwined, just a friendly hold hands, like a mother protecting her child, and didn't want her to get lost.  It felt nice. 

 

Eunjung's POV 


The class is starting to get boring. I was expecting that our classes wouldn't be this serious since it is the first week but we have a bunch of project and homeworks already, darn. 

I started looking out the window at  the beautiful sight, I sighed heavily, I should be enjoying there and I wanna see Qri already. 

I am so immerse in my daydream when someone suddenly kicked my table, I glared at that person. It's none other than Jiyeon, and the whole class is looking at us, even our professor. Apparently the professor wants us to go out since we're both not listening to her. 

How embarassing! 

Jiyeon is giggling while we're sitting here outside the class. " Yah! You look too happy for a sad person. " 

She then bursts into laughter. "  I just find this so funny, and you really look ridiculous earlier, daydreaming, I wonder what you're doing with Qri in your mind" 

She made me feel more embarassed when she said that, and I looked at Qri's classroom and funny how our eyes met. It brought goosebumps all over my body! Omg! We actually looked into each other's eyes. 

Their class ended and it made me feel nervous almost close to having a heart attack because Qri is going our way. Please don't go here! Pleaseee! 

Well, I was way over my head, she was going towards Jiyeon. They really looked close, she was laughing with her and she even gave Jiyeon a bottled water. 

Sigh. 

She's really nice. 

Then she hurriedly went to her other friends, maybe they have another activity. 

" hey Eunjung! Why didn't you say hi to Qri?" Jiyeon asked, I feel a bit jealous that she's really close to her. Tsk. 

I didn't answer and instead scroll through my phone. 

" aww. My little puppy is mad and jealous at me. " she said while patting my head and I bit her shoulder. 

She screamed in pain,  and our professor looked at us and warned us again and she apologetically gestured at her. 

" Call me puppy again and you'll get worse.!" 

She is now rubbing her shoulder, " Is this what I get for what I did!? I just asked Qri to let you join our dinner this weekend so you get to spend some time with her. " 

My eyes suddenly shines like stars, " Jinja??" I asked, but then I realized I have my pride, and she still called me puppy, I pretended to clear my throat, " I mean, so what, I didn't ask you to do that. " 

I saw her making face, looking like she doesn't believe me, " Alright, I'll just text them that you need to get your anti rabies vaccine and you wouldn't make it. " 

She's really pushing me to my limits! Aish. I stopped her from texting " Arasso arasso! Mianhae, thank you for being my knight and shining pabo, I mean armor. " 

" There, atleast give me some credits for doing good things for you. " she smiled at me , and I stick out my tongue at her. 

Jiyeon and I played rocks , paper , scissor just to pass by time, the winner can put lipstick on the loser's face however way she wants it. 

I am a point ahead of Jiyeon, " You better start praying Park Jiyeon. " I give her an evil smile, and she kept blowing on to her fist, wishing it goodluck. 

" heol, this is even more thrilling than when I had my first kiss. " she voiced out and I laughed at her. 

" kai… bai….."  I saw her gulped, but before any of us can put down our hands the our attention diverted to the loud voices of our classmates, they were going around the room, " What's happening?" 

 

" Excuse me, Eunjung right?" A girl's voice suddenly caught our attention, 

She has long hair, has this soft look on her face, and a very sweet smile which compliments her gentle voice. 

I looked up to her and gave a wide smile as well and nod. 

Jiyeon seems to be mesmerized at her too. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter