Haywire

Game for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 | Haywire

“How did your meeting go?” Yeri asks Joohyun. “Was your hunch correct?”

“I got her to agree. Yes, she is the legendary KANGTHESLAYER. I knew her moves and skills are too familiar.” Joohyun says as she sits with Yeri in the lobby.

“Are you going to tell her you know?” Yeri enquires flipping through the player profiles she is tasked to interview.

“No. I don’t really think she’s ready to go back in the league.” Joohyun bobs her head towards the player profiles Yeri was checking out, trying to read what she can.

“How did you convince her?” Yeri is getting suspicious now.

“I told her I can be her girlfriend.” Joohyun says as she shrugs her shoulders and smiling teasingly.

“You what?” Yeri’s eyes are almost going to pop in disbelief. “Oh, you did not!” She continues to eye Joohyun and pinches her friend’s side. “You just had your all-time crush agree to date you?”

“I didn’t know I would. It just popped in my mind. She wasn’t going to agree with me and she asks what’s in it for her. I cannot think of a better plan. You know I cannot offer her money. She’s like a chaebol for trading business company.” Joohyun explains so fast you cannot tell if she’s rapping.

“You stalked her?” Yeri face palms. 

“No, I admire her.” Joohyun says in her defense. “From afar. And there’s this thing called Google, you idiot!” She messes with Yeri’s hair.

“Okay, okay! But is she really that good-looking? I remember her from the first Vainglory World Invitational tourney. She was the face of the Korean team.” Yeri recollects.

“Damn, she is. She looks the same the first time I saw her. I’m really smitten.” Joohyun remembers seeing Seulgi play for the first and last time. It was the final bracket of the tournament and it was between a US team and Seulgi’s. She remembers the way Seulgi is grinning while harassing and chasing the other team around. Seulgi was playing Ringo that time but she was doing well for a laner. With 24/0/2 KDA, she wins their victory.

“If you cannot have her play on your team, let her be your strategist. That would be your best bet this season.” Yeri stands and bids her goodbye to Joohyun.

---

Seulgi wonders what kind of game Joohyun was playing. There was something fishy with the way the whole meeting happened. She has to put up her defenses knowing she should expect the unexpected.

She was just invited by Joohyun to the guild. Sworn Allies was the guild name. She acknowledges that Joohyun likes to keep it simple. She wouldn’t actually prefer something very fantasy-like or something made out of dumb acronyms. It actually sounds just right. There are about four members now including herself. All Seulgi has to do is accept. If she does, then the whole barter thing will be in effect. She accepts the invite and she’s been elevated as an officer immediately.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter