The offer

Another kind of happiness [Kahi's p.o.v.]

 

“I don’t get why he won’t leave me alone, I mean, I’m not the kind of girl that he would date… or even bother to look at.”

“No! Kahi! You’re special, oh my god, can’t you see? You’re just one of a kind girl!” her eyes glistened as she continued; “You’re smart, yet not nerdy. You may not be a beauty queen, but you got that amazing eye smile that everyone loves, and you’re kind to everybody. It’s impossible to not like you.”

“Well… thanks, I guess…”

We were making our way to our next class, which was on the complete other side of the school. Nana kept going on and on about the Christmas party that was held next month and I tried to look interested in the subject, which, honestly, I could care less about.

“They even hired a professional DJ!” she burst out for the millionth time.

“Darn! Hide me,” I jumped behind her when I saw, coming our way, the faces I wanted to avoid the most.

“Wait… what?” she didn’t even have time to react, “oh hi, Yoochun!”

I slapped her silently in my heart, and then faked a small grin when he passed me.

“Kahi,” I winced at his voice, “will you go to the Christmas party with me?”

Many stopped to eavesdrop to our conversation, and fingers were being pointed at me.

“I… don’t know…”                                                                   

“Well, I’ll wait for your answers,” he gave a shy smile, “tell me before Friday.”

He walked off with his friends, snickering and teasing him. I saw their silhouettes disappear in the sea of people, and then rushed to history class with Nana.