Fateful Encounter

The Pink Neon

Nayeon opened her eyes and reached for her phone right away only to see few messages from her best and only friend, Yoo Jeongyeon. The messages wasn't particularly important for Nayeon, because it was pretty much Jeongyeon asked her to go with her after the class. Nayeon then sat on her bed, replied Jeongyeon's message, and prepare to take a shower. Still worn out after what happened last night, she slowly walked into her bathroom then she looked at the mirror. She saw her own face with a messy hair, her eyes were swollen, and her nose was red. She then proceeded by taking a shower, and tried to remember what happened last night at the bar because she rarely forget what happened when she was drunk unless she was blind drunk which she rarely do. The only time she got blind drunk, was during Jeongyeon's birthday party, to be exact, when Nayeon was waiting for Jeongyeon talking to her friends. Nayeon herself was not an outgoing person, she tends to analyze people's behaviour beforehand then choose whether that person could be her acquaintance or not and that was exactly the reason why her only friend was Jeongyeon. It was pretty understandable why she chose her friends carefully, first, she was not a trusting person to begin with, second most people are just annoyance for her, and the third, she was traumatized. The trauma itself started several years ago when she was still in the middle school, at that time Nayeon was not as bitter as she is right now, she was just like every typical girls in her school; hanging out with her friends, gossiping about the boys, and having a boyfriend. Everything was just perfect for her, until her boyfriend cheated her and not just with some random girls, it was her own friend he cheated with. To make things even worse, the reason why everyone knew he cheated was because people found out that he impregnate Nayeon's friend. Since that day, Nayeon's life changed, she wasn't as talkative as she used to, she started to keep her distance with her old friends, and most importantly, she started to doubt almost everything, especially people. It's not that she loved her boyfriend that much but it was because she already trusted her boyfriend and her friends and she never trust a lot of people. Nayeon also never had much interaction with her parents. Owning one of the most profitable companies in the country, Nayeon barely meet her parents and most of the time, she spent her time with her friends. Her only sibling was her brother who apparently, gained more attention from the parents as he was the successor of the company. Jeongyeon was the only person she could trust, they had been friends since elementary school but unfortunately, they didn't went into the same middle school although they were in the same high school and university later on. The only reason why Nayeon kept Jeongyeon as her friend despite her attempts to keep her distance with Jeongyeon was because Jeongyeon was the only person who was stubborn enough to keep contacting Nayeon even when Nayeon tried to shove her just like what she did to every of her old friends.

"Sana..." Nayeon whispered while she was taking a shower. She vaguely remembered her face, but she was finally able to remember her name. "Who is this girl? Why am I suddenly remember her name? What did she do to me?" Nayeon thought to herself. After she finished taking her brief shower, she prepared to go to the class. A piece of paper with an address on it fell into the floor while she picked her bag. She then vaguely remember that it was the only thing that Sana girl gave her if she wanted to meet her. It was 10:34 AM and she would be late to the class if she didn't go immediately. The weather itself wasn't that sunny and it would rain anytime soon. Once Nayeon went outside her high end apartment, her personal driver already waited for her outside with a closed umbrella on his hand just in case it would rain. On the way to her college, she thought about a lot of things, while looking at the window. Thinking is whay Nayeon does the most, she thinks while she eats, drinking, showering, and even she spent some time just for think. She thinks about a lot of things and often try to answer the questions she asked herself as she doubt everything. However, none of her thought was about a happy thoughts because she always reminds herself that happy thoughts are useless thoughts. 10 minutes before arriving in the college, her brother texted her as usual, asking her how's her day and how's her college. Nayeon never knew why her brother cared so much about her despite her being bitter to him everytime she talked to him and as always, she replied "I'm fine," to her brother everytime he texted her. Her parents may never gave her much attention but her brother was never like that. Unfortunately what makes Nayeon acted so bitterly towards her loving brother was because her brother was working out of the country during the incident that traumatized Nayeon and he came back two months after that only to find his beloved sister had turned into a completely different person. Since that day, he always text Nayeon everyday and since Nayeon moving out by herself, he always visited her at least three times a week. It's not that she couldn't refuse her brother's visit to her apartment, it's just her way to say "thank you for paying basically everything for me," to her brother. Even at this point, it felt like Jeongyeon was the one who actually closer to Nayeon's brother than herself.

Then she suddenly remembered she hasn't answered Jeongyeon's messages yet, but she knew she would meet Jeongyeon soon so she wouldn't bother replying the text. As soon as they reached the college, the driver asked, "What time should I pick you up later, Miss?"

"You don't have to," Nayeon said plainly, "I'll go back home after hanging out with Jeongyeon," Nayeon lied. The driver then just nodded and Nayeon went outside her car. She knew she had to say that because the driver would tell her brother later and when Jeongyeon was somehow involved, she won't have any trouble with her brother. After taking few steps, she saw Jeongyeon waved with her both hands to her from quite a distance.

"You're walking so slow," Jeongyeon complained as soon as Nayeon was close enough to hear her talk.

"I don't see any point in rushing, beside, we still have 8 minutes before the class starts," Nayeon answered.

"I just want to talk about something you know."

"8 minutes isn't enough for you?" Nayeon responded quickly.

"Of course not! You barely talks in the class and only want to talk when it comes to the lesson then later you'll just get straight home and don't even say about texting or calling you like you even bother to answer them." Jeongyeon complained again.

"Okay, what is it?" Nayeon tried to care.

"I want you to meet my girlfriend, we are planning to go to the theme park the day after tomorrow, you down for it?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Well," Nayeon then stopped for a brief. She always hates it when Jeongyeon tried to make her meet with new people as if she would remember their name or befriend them. However, one thing that surpirse her was the fact that Jeongyeon was interested in girls. Jeongyeon did have some history with a boy from their high school but that was it then she never had and talked about that kind of relationship anymore. "I don't mind as long as your girlfriend won't throw me useless questions." Nayeon finally continued. Although Nayeon didn't know the reason why Jeongyeon wanted her to meet her girlfriend, she didn't bother to ask and just try to find the answer herself with a lot of assumptions but nonetheless, she felt relieved to see Jeongyeon's happy face when she agreed.

Both of them then walked into their respective classes, but before that, Nayeon needed to told Jeongyeon something. "Oh yeah, Jeongyeon wait," Nayeon pulled Jeongyeon's arm to stop Jeongyeon from walking in front of her.

"What is it? Hurry up or both of us gonna be late," Jeongyeon started to walk a bit slower.

"I need to go somewhere after the classes, can I ask you to cover for me in case my brother ask?"

"Oh so we are not going to eat together later? Hmm... sure, but you need to treat me ramyeon afterwards," Jeongyeon giggled. "Where are you going anyway?" she then asked.

"I wanna go to the game store near the mall where we usually eat after class," Nayeon lied. "I'll treat you more than that, I promise."

"Deal, but goodbye for now, I need to hurry for my class, I have a presentation now," Jeongyeon then faster her pace while waving at Nayeon.

Nayeon unconsciously gave Jeongyeon a little smile while she ran onto another direction. Of course, she smiled because Jeongyeon was the only person she could smile sincerely even just a very little smile. She would never betray Jeongyeon for anything, heck, she would even gave up all of her family wealth for Jeongyeon if she could. Unknowingly, she was already in front of her class, then she opened the door and she was greeted with a very familiar scene of her class. Most of the boys staying on the upper seat and most of the girls on the middle seat while those who really want to take notes and listen to the lecture sat on the lower seat, where Nayeon usually sat. The lecturer arrived 3 minutes after Nayeon sat down and they immediately proceed to the usual routine of the class. Usually, Nayeon take notes and listen to the lecture as she wanted good grades to rival Jeongyeon's grades, but this time, she spaced out and thought about other thing, which is her thought about Sana. She really tried hard to remember how they met and what they did. She really hates it when she lack of information about something, especially when its directly related to her. Her in class performance that day was dissapointing, she usually could answer every question threw by the lecturer, but this time she didn't answered any and not only in this class but also on her next class.

"Alright everyone, don't forget about the essay and thank you for coming, class dismissed," The lecturer said loudly.

Just like that, the class were dispersed and everyone went to mind their own business. Nayeon then sat on the bench outside the class to open her bag then looked at the paper that Sana girl gave her to confirm the address once again. She then took a taxi to go to the address and it was quite a distance to go from her college to the address. She finally arrived at the address in about 18 minutes and before she exits the taxi, the driver asked her whether she certain if this is the correct address. The first thing she saw was a sign made from a neon lamp that dubiously shaped like a body of a woman. It didn't took her a long time to realize that the address that girl gave her was an address of a strip club. She was furious of what just happened, she should not have come here and just ate somewhere with Jeongyeon. She then turned around to look for a taxi to bring her back home or to where Jeongyeon was. Suddenly, someone the neon lamp from the inside and Nayeon quickly looked at it because it made quite a noise. It was a pink light coming from the neon and soon after the lamp was , someone from the inside shouted, "Excuse me, is the light already on?"

Nayeon was shocked, not because of the noise the lamp made earlier but because she felt she heard that high pitched voice somewhere before but she couldn't remember. Because Nayeon didn't answer the question and was still in a shocked state, the person decided to came out from the building to checked it herself. When the person came out, she immediately recognized Nayeon and ran towards Nayeon's direction. She wore a long coat as if she hid something inside her coat because it wasn't that cold on that particular day.

"Nayeon?! Is that you?! What are you doing here so soon?" The person then hugged Nayeon as if they were a very close friend.

"Uhhh... Excuse me.. Are you Sana?" Nayeon said uncomfortable while trying to release from her bind.

"Woow you really did forget me? That's rude," Sana pouted as she released her bidning hug from Nayeon.

"I'm sorry, but are you really Sana? Then please prove it," Nayeon tried to confrim once again.

"Hmm.. Where should I start? Oh! Never mind I think I gave you something right? A piece of paper with an address on it if I remember correctly," she said while putting her point finger on her chin and looked above.

"You mean this?" Nayeon showed the paper.

"Ah! Yes it is! Look! I even put my signature there!" Sana took the paper then pointed at the weird symbols (Sana's signature) on the paper's top right.

"O-Okay... I believe you," Nayeon said although she still doubt her.

As if Sana could read the doubt in Nayeon's mind, she then said that Nayeon was extremely drunk last night and she needed to bring her back to her apartment then she mentioned the address of Nayeon's apartment even the floor and the room's number. She even mentioned that she changed Nayeon's clothes to her sleeping clothes before she left her apartment.

"Okay okay stop right there, you don't need to explain so detailed, I believe you," Nayeon then covered her eyes with her right hand in embarrassment.

"Hahahaha now you finally believe me, you shouldn't be that surprised, you told me yourself to tell you until the detail in case you forgot what happened which is the case right now," Sana then laughed again.

"Alright so, what exactly we did last night? And who are you actually? Not the name but more like who are you to me? Hell, nevermind any of that, just tell me how we met."

"I'd really love to but I don't think this is a good place to have a chit-chat you know, the club will open in about 15 minutes so might as well we get inside," Sana suggested.

"I think I'll pass, I'll just go around somewhere until you finish your work then I'll come back here," Nayeon said. Although she didn't remember almost anything about last night, Nayeon was certain that Sana worked at the club as the stripper because why else would she wear a full bodied long coat if not to cover her stage costume. After all, she just wanted to know what happened last night and she probably would never meet Sana again so she wouldn't mind to wait for her.

"Awww, its so nice of you to wait for me, then let's just go to a cafe nearby, I can take a day off today if I want to," Sana offered. "But please wait just a bit, okay? I'll go inside to finish my things then we can go."

Nayeon nodded and agreed to wait for her then she realized that Sana's "a bit" was about 30 minutes. The line into the club was already opened and the line was quite long already. Finally, Sana went out from the building and ran to Nayeon, she then immediately took Nayeon's arm and pulled it with her to the opposite direction of the queue line. The cafe was pretty close from the club, it just took them about 6 minutes before they arrived. Luckily, just when they were about to enter the cafe, it started to drizzle outside. After ordering their drinks, then Nayeon started the conversation by asking some questions to Sana.

"I know we have met before and we definitely already talked before, but do you mind telling me how we met yesterday?"

"Hmm, where should I start... Oh! Yeah we met on the alley near the bar (the bar was located few blocks away from Nayeon's high school) yesterday and honestly, I was actually lost when I wanted to go to a store in that area. I was there to buy some clothes because I heard they had 70% discount for all of their product yesterday but I didn't get any beca-"

"Sana, please, just tell me how we met yesterday." Nayeon cut Sana before she could finish her sentence.

"Hehehe I almost forgot that you are like this," sneered Sana. "Okay so I was somehow ended up in that alley because my phone's battery was empty and I couldn't turn on my GPS," Sana cleared . "When I was alone in that alley, someone stole my purse and I tried to chase him. When the thief came out from the alley, he bumped into you and both of you fell to the ground."

Nayeon then suddenly remembered that Sana helped her getting up first before she started to chase the thief again. "The thief ran away didn't he?" Nayeon asked.

"Hey! Now you remember! So I don't need to tell you anymore of it right?" Sana then continued with a laugh.

"Just... Barely... I don't even know what we were talking about yesterday or what we even do after we failed chasing the thief," Nayeon denied.

"Well, what can I say, you offered me to buy me some drinks then I accepted it. After that, we were just talking about many things like movies, books, and music and we just talked for hours while drinking."

"Is that all? We only had casual conversation for hours?" Nayeon asked again.

"Uhhmm.. why does it feels like you are interrogating me? Anyway, no we did not just had casual conversation. You basically told me everything about your life until that point," Sana giggled.

Nayeon was indeed very surprised hearing this, she never told anyone about her life except for Jeongyeon. The fact that she just heard that she told her life story to a stranger was a thing she could not just accept. "No no no no, there must be something wrong, I couldn't have tell you that even when I'm drunk," Nayeon keep denying.

"Hnnng I forgot that you are very difficult to believe in what I said. Alright then, how's Jeongyeon? Did you have lunch with her today? Are your brother visiting today? Then hoe abo-"

"Alright stop, I get it I believe you, I just couldn't believe myself," Nayeon sighed. "How come you still remember it? Most people would forget if someone drunk told them about their life."

"Of course I remember, I already promised you I'll be there for you if you ever need me," Sana finally put a serious face. "After all, you are my friend and you asked me yourself if I want to be your friend yesterday."

"I... I don't even know anymore... I really want to believe you but if I really have told you about my life you know I couldn't just believe you, I'm sorry."

Sana looked like as if she was thinking about something, then she said, "What if I told you about my life then? So we are even."

After a long thought, Nayeon finally said, "Alright, it will only be fair if you also tell me about your life."

Sana then told Nayeon about her life. She was actually a Japanese and lived in Japan during her early life. Her father owned a ramen restaurant in Tokyo and the restaurant was a hit at that time. Then bad things happened, when Sana was 7 years old, her father accidentally killed a shateigashira (equal to lieutenant) from a powerful yakuza family when they forced to take the families' savings. In the same night, the family was forced to flee and ended up in Seoul. In her new home, Sana's father tried to make a living by working in some restaurants so that Sana could continue her education. Then 5 years later, the yakuza family finally found her father's whereabout and stormed into Sana's house immediately. The yakuza made her witness her own parents' execution and then took her away to sell her. After few days, finally someone bought her and it was the owner of the strip club where she worked. Surprisingly, the owner treated her well and for Sana, he had become her second father. She started to become stripper when she was already 18 because the owner wouldn't allow Sana to become one until she reached 18. Sana said that she became stripper only just to be able to help the owner as she thought she was in an eternal debt to him. However, less than two years ago, the owner died because of cancer. So now, her only reason for being a stripper was to pay the owner's debt to some loan shark who passed the bill to Sana.

"Did your middle school was around here? Maybe few blocks to the north?" Nayeon suddenly asked.

"Hmmm... The one that near a park?" Sana asked back.

"Yes it is."

"Oooh yeah, I remember I often buy the patbingsu there on when its summer," Sana remembered.

And so does Nayeon. That park was famous with the patbingsu and there was no other middle school nearby but her and apparently Sana's. So it was true, the rumour she heard when she was in the middle school. Sana is one year younger than she is and the rumour was one of her foreigner junior was missing after the parents was found dead. She remembered it well because at that time, people were speculating lots of things and so did Nayeon. It didn't matter what her speculation was as she already heard the truth.

After hearing Sana's story, Nayeon somehow could feel a sympathy within her, a feeling that she have never felt for years. She suddenly felt so small in front if Sana. Her hardship were nothing compared to what Sana had been through. Although she could not just believe what Sana just said, she felt like she saw Sana before, years ago in the middle school. After all it just feels weird if someone you just met told them about their story conciously. She might be lying but somehow Nayeon believed it, no matter how much she tried to resist. Then, the conversation followed with an awkward silence since the cafe itself was already quiet to begin with.

"You don't believe me aren't you?" Sana smiled.

"No no its not like that... I'm sorry for what happened to your family, that's all," Nayeon panicked.

"It's okay Nayeon-shi, no worries, you don't have to believe me, I understand," Sana held Nayeon's hand.

Nayeon was startled by Sana's sudden action. She couldn't move her hand and even refuse to pull her hand. "What is this? What happened to me? What is this sudden feeling of warmth?" Nayeon questioned herself.

Nayeon then saw Sana smiling then Nayeon tried to smile, and she did.

"Woow, you have a beautiful smile, you should do it more often," Sana chuckled.

"I-I'll try..." Nayeon blushed.

Sana then let go of Nayeon's hand she held for a while. Two of them then having a casual conversation although Nayeon felt a bit awkward, but she somehow could be open about her favourite things, her annoyance, and what she hates. Nayeon herself couldn't believe she talked that much again, it had been several years since she talked this much, even she didn't talk this comfortably with Jeongyeon. Sana's glare to Nayeon when she was talking made her blush everytime. Then it was 10:48 PM, the cafe was almost closed and they were the only two costumers left in the shop. They were talking for more than three hours and Nayeon felt it could last even longer if the cafe waitress didn't tell them that the cafe was almost closed. Outside, they were then discussing where to go next.

"Umm, where should we go now?" Nayeon signalling she didn't want to go seperate ways with Sana.

"Definitely not a bar. I don't want to drink and you shouldn't drink as well," Sana then made a thinking gesture. "How about a gym? Let's get healthy instead!" Sana suggested.

"Errmm..." Nayeon made a disagree expression while slowly shook her head.

"I'm just joking! Hahaha," Sana then reached Nayeon's arm.

Nayeon then had another mild shock when Sana reached her arm and put her head over Nayeon's shoulder evethough the position was a bit awkward because Sana is taller than her. Nayeon was trying to fool herself by thinking Sana doing this to everyone she knew, she didn't know how to feel nor to react in this current situation and she just wanted to call Jeongyeon for help. She was thinking hard on how to react at this current situation, she was so panicked that she couldn't even think like she used to, she was thinking almost all the time and in the end, she just gave in.

"So... Where are we going?" Nayeon asked while trying to ignore what Sana did.

"Park? I mean I know it's a bit cold to go to park right now, but I honestly don't know where else to go," Sana finally let go of Nayeon. "Maybe... we should go back home?" Sana seemed a little dissapointed.

"Oh? Its alright, I know you are tired, I got early class tomorrow anyway," Nayeon lied again.

"Eh? Why didn't you tell me?! You should take a rest then! I'm sorry that because of me we went out until very late," Sana pouted.

"Hahaha... It's okay, I get used to it don't worry," Nayeon laughed awkwardly.

"Will you at least let me take you to your home? Its already late night and your apartment is kinda far from this area," Sana offered.

"O-okay... I guess..." said Nayeon doubtfully. She would never expect Sana would even take her home, but nonetheless, she still unable to refuse.

Both of them then proceeded to Nayeon's apartment using taxi. On their way, there was only silence between the two of them, both of them even didn't bother to look at each other and just stared blankly at the windows on their respective sides. In about 15 minutes, they arrived at Nayeon's place and there were another awkward conversation between them.

"So... I'll see you again? I guess?" Sana asked while giving that look of hope into Nayeon's eyes.

Nayeon blushed and turned her eyes to Sana's leg, "Ummm... Sure, why not?" Nayeon said while trying to look Sana's face.

"Okay then..." Sana smiled before she walked away.

"Is this it? Is this its just going to end?" Nayeon thought. She then saw Sana walked further away from her and from deep down, she wanted Sana to look back at her to give her the last eye contact. However, Sana just walked straight, and that made Nayeon wondered what kind of transportation she would take. Unconciously, she tried to chase Sana because she just wanted to confirm her suspicion. Hearing Nayeon's loud steps, Sana turned around with a mild shocked face.

"OMO!! I thought someone tried to tackle me from behind!" Sana reacted.

"I-I-I j-jus-just wanna ask something," Nayeon panted.

Sana laughed a bit there, Nayeon was really embarrassed by her own action, but what can she possibly do right now? She couldn't avoid any longer.

"What do you want to ask? Just take a breathe first then we can talk," Sana patted Nayeon's back while Nayeon tried to cathc her breath.

"Are you not taking taxi? Where is your house?" Nayeon asked after finally able to breath normally.

"Oooh umm.. my house is kinda near, so might as well I take a walk there."

For a moment, she knew Sana was lying, something just didn't feel right about what she just said. Nayeon read a lot of book about people's behaviour when someone lied, since she had a trust issue, she was commited not to being fooled by someone again. This is one of the reason why Jeongyeon never lied to Nayeon, she know it wouldn't work as Nayeon could read her like a book.

"Did you just lie to me?" Nayeon confronted Sana.

Sana opened but she didn't say any words, then she bit her lower lip while looking away.

"Tell me the truth, Sana. If you really are my friend, you don't lie to me, ever." Nayeon sounded a bit threatening.

"Well ummm.. what can I say... I think I'm just going to walk so I can be healthy, hihihi," Sana laughed nervously.

Nayeon didn't have to say any words, she just lifted her eyebrows and gave a deep stare at Sana's face.

"Stop looking me with that look," Sana pouted. "Okay okay I'll speak up but don't give me that look."

Nayeon then put her normal face back, plain and sturdy.

"I just don't want to burden you anymore, you paid for my coffee, you paid for the taxi, that's all, I swear." Sana explained.

Nayeon then just remembered that Sana's money and belongings in her purse was stolen yesterday, she probably didn't have enough money even just to go home. At this hour, Nayeon didn't trust any taxi drivers to take Sana home safely, especially because Sana would be alone, she even thought about wanted calling her personal driver but he probably already sleept.

"Then why don't you sleep in my apartment? I mean you've been there yesterday and now it might be better that you stay for a night.... maybe?" Nayeon offered.

"Really? I know that we're friends and all but this is technically our second day as friends and you already invited me to sleep over?" Sana said with a little bit of teasing tone.

"Well, I won't allow you to go home alone, so if you want to go home now, I'll go with you," Nayeon said without realized what she just said.

"What?! No! If that's the case what's the purpose of me taking you home then?" Sana protested.

"See? You get my point right? Now it's better for you to stay and sleep in my apartment than going home by yourself."

Sana was unable to answer anything that would outsmart Nayeon's argument, so she had to agree and both of them finally able to rest in Nayeon's apartment. There was nothing much happened as both of them was already fatigued and just wanted to sleep. Fortunately, Nayeon's apartment has two bedroom, the main bedroom and the guest bedroom, the guest bedroom was practically Jeongyeon's as she is the only person who was ever to sleep there. But now, there was another person who able to sleep there, and its Sana, a "friend" of Nayeon whom she met just yesterday, in an alley, while she drunk. Before Nayeon slept, she was thinking a lot about what happened today, how she could suddenly trust someone she just met yesterday and how her action made her blush. She kept thinking that it's just because Jeongyeon never acted that way to her and keep denying the thought of her likelihood to actually has an interest in Sana romantically although she wouldn't deny that Sana has indeed a pretty face that will easily be accepted into the modelling industry. Nayeon fell asleep just before finsihed answering her own questions and just let it be a mystery for her to keep and probably get the answer one day.

It was 07:19 AM when Nayeon first look at her phone as soon as she woke up. She still felt a bit sleepy but she also has an urge to take a peek into the guest room where Sana slept. When she came out from her room, it was quiet and a little bit gloomy as the sun hasn't reached her window just yet. She then gently knocked the door of the guest room, but she got no answer from the inside and just assumed Sana was still sleeping. She then turned her back and was about to make her morning cereal before she suddenly got another urge to peek inside the room. She knew it would be weird if Sana caught her peeking the room whatever she was doing inside, but she braved herself and did it anyway. She opened the door only to see an empty and cleansed room as if nobody was sleeping or even went inside for days. Nayeon then checked the bathrooms, and every single room in her apartment but she still unable to find her. She then sat on her sofa and again thinking by herself. "So this is it? She just left me like that? Didn't even leave a message or a number I can contact? At this point I'm not even sure if she really worked in that strip club, so why bother going there again? I should have known this would happen, just how silly I am to hope someone that acted nice to me for a day could really be someone important for my life." Nayeon then could feel the warmth of the tears that came down from her eyes into her cheeks.