Colors 02

Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The morning light passes through Kihyo’s curtain and the breeze of the air filled her room since she opened her window earlier when she woke up. It was only half past six and Kihyo is ready for a morning walk as well as taking some pictures of the surroundings. There are other people at the way near the park at this time so Kihyo can freely capture some moments. She really loves taking pictures, that’s her kind of art. It’s really amazing to capture the bright lives of others under the shining sun, that’s why she really likes the morning.

 

The camera hangs around her neck as she went down the stairs, that’s all she need and she’s ready to go. Her mother was already on her work, she always leaves at morning and went home at night, exactly the moment when Kihyo was already sleeping or reviewing, one of the reasons why she became independent and used to being alone.

 

Her hand was about to touch the doorknob to open the door when the doorbell chimes throughout the room. Kihyo froze in her place as she thinks of someone who could’ve been waiting outside of her house at the moment. It couldn’t be her mom since she’ll send her a message first and she had her own key at the first place.

 

Kihyo didn’t waste another minute thinking and finally decided to open the door. It can’t be a burglar or something since it’s just freaking six at the morning, the sun just rises to do a sin. When she finally opened the door, her eyes stares directly at the sparkling orbs of her neighbor. His lips curved up into a grin as usual, sometimes Kihyo wanders if his lips won’t get split from smiling too much.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kihyo asked in a surprised voice. “At six thirty in the morning?” She raises an eyebrow when Chanyeol just started to shift his gaze from her white shoes, up to her black tights and grey Adidas sweatshirt. She quickly covered her body using her two arms and held her chin up to Chanyeol.

 

“What are you looking at?”

 

The tall guy just nodded, “Your outfit is great for a morning walk.” Chanyeol exclaimed and flashes his perfect teeth at her for the nth time.

 

“And how do you know I am going to have my morning walk? Exactly at this time?” she crossed her arms in front of her chest and waits for Chanyeol to answer her question.

 

“I just live next to your house. Of course, I can see you sometimes. I also go on a walk every morning so I decided to just go with you.” He suggested and chuckled, “It’s better to have someone by your side.”

 

Kihyo take a deep breath when she noticed her deep voice in seriousness while saying his last sentence. Heaving a sigh, she just nodded and takes a step outside of her house, turning around to lock the front door. Chanyeol just stay quiet behind her as he waits for her.

 

“You are really something Park Chanyeol, this is the first time I’m doing this with someone.” She doesn’t know why she has to tell that to him when she can just stay quiet as what she’s good at.

 

This can be the sign that she’s starting to get comfortable with him. It’s more than a month already and she always see him since he’s just next to her house, he’s her workmate at the café and they also study at the same university. Chanyeol being the persuasive that he is even eats lunch with her sometimes whenever he saw her at the cafeteria. She’s not comfortable that 6first time because Chanyeol is really talkative and she observes that a lot of girl seems to gaze at their table, maybe because they like Chanyeol. She also learned that he’s a little popular to some girls at their university since he’s part of a band before. 

 

But at their second time having lunch together, she started to disregard those heavy stares from the other students and it’s because Chanyeol had a great way of making conversations that she just got lost to his stories. She’s more like of a listener and its feel amazing to have someone just talk things out to her as what like Chanyeol always does.

 

“I’m a lucky one then.” He whispered in a very low voice. Kihyo doesn’t heard what he murmured and quirks an eyebrow at him, asking him to repeat what he just said but Chanyeol just cleared his throat. “I said let’s go!” he grins and Kihyo just shook her head. This guy is really full of energy.

 

The two walk on their way to the park, their steps on the same rhythm except for the fact that Chanyeol is trying his best to slow his steps since he has long legs for the reason that he can just stay close beside her. Kihyo isn’t that tall, only about 5’4 and her tiny steps make her so adorable for him.

 

“What are you going to take pictures of?” Chanyeol asked as they reached the riverside. The black railings felt cold when Chanyeol rest his hands on the metal. The morning air also felt cold although the sunlight is passing through them. The green scenery makes the atmosphere so calming. Chanyeol feels at ease in this serene kind of environment except for his heart that is currently beating in a faster pace and this lovely girl beside him is the one to blame.

 

“Just the people.” Kihyo answered briefly. Her gaze focused on the little ducklings floating on the water. “And maybe these birds or some pets roaming around this area.” She added and shifted her gaze to Chanyeol.

 

Heat travels up to Chanyeol’s face when their faces were only few inches away from each other. He was caught off guard when she just suddenly turned her head to look at him. She was so close that he can feel her breath already. He was the one who shifts his gaze away from her and ended up staring at the flowing water underneath. It was really amazing how she can make his heart beats faster as if it can explode any moment.

 

A silence passed between them. The two just let the gentle wind touches their skin and smell the fresh morning air. There are already children running and laughing near the large trees, owners taking their pets on a morning walk and some people on their workout attire as they jog throughout the area.

 

“This is a great scene.” Kihyo whispered as she caught a glimpse of a young girl trying to let her fluffy corgi her vanilla ice cream. The short haired girl laughs when the cream got stuck on the dog’s nose. Kihyo chuckled at the sight and quickly captured the scene. Her camera flashes before the dog manage to the ice cream out of his nose.

 

Kihyo checked the photo and nodded as she got the perfect angle. It’s really great to see that kind of simple things and that can put a smile on her face. She’s usually aloof and a quiet person but witnessing pure moments like this makes her happy. She started capturing pictures of different people, also cute pets that can snatch her attention.

 

Kihyo doesn’t even notice the focused gaze from the man beside her as she enjoyed clicking her camera. If she is taking pictures of the people around her, Chanyeol on the other hand, is trying to capture the bright smile on Kihyo’s face in his memory. His attention was all on her. His gaze landed on how her eyes sparkles while looking at her camera and how her lips curved up into a smile when she feels satisfied on her photos. Her long hair falls freely and sways as it follow the wind’s direction. He can’t take his eyes off of her when the sunlight illuminate her face making her looks so gorgeous, like a stunning model and Chanyeol will truly buy every magazine she’ll be at. Every feature and curve of her face is just so beautiful that he wants to memorize her face and keep it to his mind always.

 

Kihyo felt the warm gaze from the man beside her so she looks back at him. Heat flashes through her cheeks when her gaze locked to his. She looks so lost on his glistening orbs. Time stood still and the two of them just stare at each other. Kihyo was the first one to break the gaze when she feels a weird beating of her heart. What the hell is happening to her? This is only Chanyeol, the noisy and friendly guy living next door. What is this feeling inside of her?

 

“Are you okay? Your cheeks seem a little-“

 

“I’m okay!” Kihyo quickly replied, almost yelling. She interrupted him because she knows his next words. She knows that she is freaking blushing right now. She takes a deep breath and takes off the black lace around her neck, handing the camera to Chanyeol after.

 

“Try taking photos too.” She murmured. He just quirks an eyebrow but chuckled when he notices that her cheeks still had a hint of redness on it. He’s sure she’s trying to shift his attention on the camera because he’ll ask again about her blushing. He just chuckled at the thought. He’s not going to right now and he also wants to try photography.

 

He started taking photos of the ducklings on the water earlier and he showed the result to Kihyo. The girl shakes her head with a furrowed brow. Another facial expression of her that Chanyeol really likes because she’s really focused as she explains how to take a good angle.

 

“Try to focus the camera on your subject, not on the background.” She remarked and Chanyeol just nodded. He enjoys hearing her voice too. Well damn, he’s too whipped.

 

An hour passed and Chanyeol finally acquired his new photography skills, thanks for Kihyo’s great tutoring ability. The camera didn’t return to Kihyo because he’s savouring his new talent. They walked around the park as he captured every scenery and people around them. Kihyo can’t hide her smile as she watches him being interested on photography. Whenever she shifts her gaze away from him, she can still hear the camera snaps. There will surely be a lot of photos she needs to save and also delete later.

 

It was round nine when they decided to finally return to their home. Chanyeol feeling ecstatic since he just put a smile on her face again and got to spend a few hours with her. Kihyo also feels happy to enjoy her morning with someone since she used on being alone but still unaware of the fact that Chanyeol has started to ignite something deep within her heart that she’s yet to recognize.

 

 

 

 

The bell from the swaying door resonated around the coffee shop when a couple entered. Kihyo darted her eyes away from the cup of espresso she’s making to check the new customers and as what she guessed, it’s her best friend. Chanyeol served a coffee to a customer table, a girl that’s currently talking to him that’s why he hadn’t notice Minrin and Kyungsoo entering the café.

 

“Enjoy your coffee Ma’am.” He quickly interrupted the customer from saying another word. He’s been standing here for five minutes already and he’s not even listening to this customer. He doesn’t know why the hell she is insisting on making him leave. The girl was about to say something again but due to Chanyeol’s swift reflexes, he quickly turned around and left the girl with open.

 

“I miss you, Kihyo!” Minrin exclaimed and give the girl a pinch on her soft cheeks. Kihyo grunted and rolled her eyes when she heard her best friend chuckled. “I miss you too but no need to ruin my face, Minrin.” She muttered as she place the cup of espresso and a slice of matcha cake on the tray.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo.” Kihyo greeted the man beside Minrin. Kyungsoo nodded and smiled at Kihyo as he greeted her back. “Didn’t see you in a while, thankfully I don’t have class this day and Minrin here got a day off from studying.”

 

“You know that my medical admission test is about two months away. Only 62 days left, I need to study more so I can pass.” Minrin whined that makes Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

“I know, I’m just joking. But you need to rest too. I heard from your mom that you had a fever last week. You didn’t even tell me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter