Final.

Mischievous Duo

It's not easy for Jeon Soyeon to live in an apartment full of girls. At first she thought that living in the same roof with her friends is a really good idea. Doing each other's nails, studying with each other, ordering food and eating together, helping each other out. I mean, it couldn't have been easier. If only she had friends that would act like their age.

"Hey! Give that back Yeh!" She heard the oldest screaming at the running youngest. Said youngest had a carton of milk in her hands while laughing uncontrollably. Miyeon had woken up and is really craving for cereal in the morning but with Shuhua holding the milk, her bowl full of cereal is just sitting there on the table waiting for the milk to be poured in. "If you didn't sleep talked, you could've avoid this." Shuhua sticks out her tongue to unnie more. The oldest got flustered since she had sleep talked to a bowl of cereal and Soyeon can't help to snicker at what she heard. She earned a glare from Miyeon but Soyeon just chuckled before turning back to the television.

Miyeon sighed in frustration because of Shuhua's antics. "Just give me the milk!" Miyeon threw a small tantrum that made Shuhua cringe. "If you stop doing that, I would consider giving this back." Shuhua wiggled the carton. "Do what?" The taller girl asked in pure confusion. "Being all cute 'cause you're not." Shuhua teased even more while giggling when she saw the older girl already fumming. Shuhua was ready to run again when she accidentally bumped at Soojin, who just got back from her morning jog. "What are you doing this time?" Soojin asked with a raised eyebrow. Shuhua just laughed awkwardly before she handed the milk to Soojin when she opened her palm to the youngest. Miyeon quickly went to Soojin and hugged her as thanks. "You're such a life savior!" She smiled at Soojin before looking at Shuhua and sticking her tongue out playfully. Shuhua wrinkled her nose and crossed her arms "You're lucky Soojin-unnie is here." She pouted cutely before going back to her room.

"What a cute creature." Even though Shuhua knows how to press Miyeon's button, the older girl still have a soft spot for everthing cute and Yeh Shuhua is not an exception. She just smiled before walking back to her untouched cereal, only for her to see it full of salt.

"Yeh Shuhua!"

---

It was a quiet afternoon, Soojin and Minnie went to the market to grab some stocks for their fridge whilst Soyeon, who is busy writing a poem as her hobby, and Yuqi are inside their room. It is quiet, really. If it weren't for the two fighting over the remote. "I got here first!" Miyeon said as she pulled the remote towards her. It is true that Miyeon is the first one in the living room to look for the remote but Shuhua is the first one to find it when she spotted it underneath a book on the small table in the living room. "I found the remote first!" Shuhua fired back before pulling the remote towards her.

They kept fighting on who will be the one to watch until the duo in the market came back paper bags. The sound of ruffling caught Shuhua's attention and Miyeon used that as a chance to get the remote. She grinned when she successfully did it and she opened the television to search for some movies.

Shuhua groaned and went to her unnies instead. "I bought 6 Pepero, one for each of us." Minnie said loud enough for everyone to hear. The two inside their room got out to get their own. Soyeon said a quick thank you before disappearing back to the room while Yuqi joined the oldest in the living room. "Go get your own before she strikes again." Yuqi warned and Miyeon was about to ask who's gonna strike again when a shout stopped her.

"I'll have two Peperos!" Shuhua shouted before running quickly before hiding. "Oh no you didn't..." Miyeon got up and quickly searched for the youngest. She went inside her room and when she knelt down to look under the bed the door quickly shut, making her heart jump at surprise.

Shuhua jogged towards the living room, her plan to make Miyeon follow her so she'll leave the remote was a success but when she arrived in the living room, Minnie, Yuqi, and Soojin are already watching. She pouted again and when she looked behind, Miyeon is already there.

"Give it to me, now!" Miyeon said raising her hand so Shuhua can hand it to her. Shuhua just made a face before hiding the treat behind her back. Acting through her instinct, Miyeon wrapped her arms around the smaller girl to get the Pepero but she had an iron grip. They went on until Shuhua is leaning on a wall and is cornered by Miyeon's arm on each side of her head. Shuhua looked up and for a minute, she got mesmerized by the dark brown orbs of Miyeon. She stood just there in awe and in a swift move, Miyeon grabbed her Pepero while beaming. Shuhua's heart skipped a beat at the sight of Miyeon's wide smile but soon it was replaced with a scowl when Miyeon suddenly said with her cute voice. "What's mine is mine!" Shuhua wants to slap herself when she got mesmerized earlier but she can't deny that Miyeon is truly beautiful and cute. She just can't help to react negatively when Miyeon is trying to act cute.

"Stop acting so cute, I'm gonna puke." The tawainese teased which earned a glare and a playful shove on her shoulder. "It's not acting! It's natural." Miyeon ended with a wink and Shuhua prayed to God that her blush is not eminent. She faked a deep sigh and called Miyeon a name before running to their shared room. "Weird..." Shuhua patted her frantic heart, trying to calm it down since it's scaring her.

---

An hour hadn't even passed when the two is starting again. "Lower down the AC, will you?" Shuhua glared at Miyeon when she didn't move from her place. Shuhua is already freezing cold since she had been staying inside their room for minutes when Miyeon entered. Shuhua guessed that Miyeon didn't hear her because she is wearing a headphone so with a groan, she stood up and adjusted the AC herself. A sob caught her attention and when she looked at Miyeon, she is already crying. Worried, Shuhua went behind her and was about to comfort the oldest but when she saw the clip Miyeon was watching on her laptop, she can't help but to laugh out loud.

"Miyeon-unnie is crying because of a movie!" Shuhua announced while laughing so hard, her stomach is starting to ache. If we can see the others, some are just shaking their head while some didn't care, Miyeon included. She just continued to weep like a child as she watches the credits of the movie, Hatchiko. She cried even more when she saw that they built a monument for the dog.

Shuhua mimics her crying with exaggerated actions and threw a pillow at Miyeon. Since the older is emotionally unstable, she glared at Shuhua as she burst at her. "Will you please grow up?! You're too childish for your age." Miyeon said with gritted teeth. "I so freaking hate you!" Miyeon closed her laptop and quickly ran outside the room leaving the door open. Shuhua stood there frozen and hurt. She felt an unfamiliar sensation on her chest, like something is clenching it tight and she started having ragged breathings. Her eyes started stinging until she felt something running down her cheeks. It was the first time that someone cursed at her, not even her parents had said that, and it hurts her even more when it came from Miyeon herself. She choked a sob as she fell on her knees.

I'm so sorry unnie...

"What'ya did this time?" Soyeon asked while leaning on the door frame. She didn't heard much but she saw Miyeon running outside their apartment. She got worried but she knew better that she should let Miyeon have an alone time. It wasn't the first time that things like this had happen, Shuhua pissing Miyeon off causing Miyeon to run away to let out her frustrations or vice versa, it just worried Soyeon that Miyeon had cursed at her most favorite creature -it wasn't a secret to them, everyone noticed how Miyeon is love sick to the youngest-.

When Shuhua didn't answer, Soyeon went beside her and ran soothing circles to her back. She waited for Shuhua to calm down and patiently waited for the younger to speak.

"She told me when will I grow up and I'm too childish and she said she h-ha..." Shuhua wasn't able to continue. It was too much for her when she heard it, what more if she said it. She cried again and this time, the others were able to hear it. One by one, they appeared on the door way only to see their youngest crying on the floor with Soyeon looking at her with sympathy.

Soyeon whispered comforting words while looking at the others for help.

---

"You should just go to her and apologize." Yuqi said after Shuhua finished the story.

It took Shuhua hours before she can tell the story properly since she's having a hard time to choose the right words. It was just a simple fight and yet, Miyeon spat the words with venom.

They sat on the living room waiting for Miyeon to get back. It's already late night and Miyeon left her phone so no one can contact her. Shuhua is starting to get worried sick, pacing back and forth at the living room while biting her nails on her thumb. Soojin, the calmest of the group, just told them to relax and that the older will be back soon. It's really a mystery for them how their friend can be so calm and collected in such matter.

"You'll finish all of your finger nails if you don't sit down." Soojin said, not looking away from her phone. Minnie nodded in agreement and gestured for the frantic girl to sit beside her.

"B-But what if something happened to her?" Shuhua gulped and hoped that nothing bad really happened to her. Yuqi just rolled her eyes before patting her on her shoulders. "Relax! Breathe! She's probably on her way back." Yuqi gave her a reassuring smile before heading to the kitchen to grab a bite. Soyeon followed, not before giving a pat on Shuhua's head.

"Yuqi's right, she's probably on her..."

The door opening cut Minnie's statement. Shuhua quickly stood up and her heart started beating rapidly when her eyes caught a familiar figure. "Where have you been?" Minnie asked when she saw how stunned the youngest is.

"Just hanging out with some friends." Miyeon answered with a yawn. "I'm tired... Goodnight." Miyeon didn't look at Shuhua, not even a single bit, and just went inside their room. Shuhua looked at Minnie and Soojin for help but they just gestured her to follow the oldest. With a last nod, she quickly went to the older.

---

"I'm gonna exchange rooms with Yuqi." Miyeon explained when she felt a presence on the doorway. She grabbed all the things on her bed and carried it towards Yuqi's and Soyeon's shared room but since Shuhua was blocking the door, Miyeon had to stop midway. "Is there something you need?" Miyeon asked, her bubbly tone long gone. Shuhua wasn't really used to this kind of treatment Miyeon was giving her and it really affects her so much. She then remembered what her unnie said earlier so she her dry lips and opened to apologize but no words came out. She wanted to smack herself because she failed to express her emotions and what she's feeling but she can only release a deep sigh while her gaze were fixed on Miyeon's back disappearing to a corner.

---

Yuqi wanted to pull her hair out because of frustrations. She can't sleep because Shuhua can't sleep. It's not like she's affected emotionally but Shuhua kept on tossing and turning that the upper bunk of the double deck is shaking. She checked the time and it is passed midnight so with a groan she peeked at Shuhua, who is pretending to be asleep, and scolded her. "I know you're awake." Yuqi started but Shuhua didn't move. "Why don't you just go inside the room and talk to Miyeonnie." A clinging sound filled the room and Yuqi dropped two keys on Shuhua's bed. "The smaller one, you're welcome and goodluck." Yuqi winked even though she won't be seen in the dark room.

Shuhua noted to thank Yuqi later in the morning and got up from the bed.

---

With a soft click, Shuhua opened the door. Unlike hers and Miyeon's double deck, Yuqi's and Soyeon's are two separated bed. Shuhua quietly made her way to Yuqi's bed where Miyeon is supposed to be sleeping. The orange night light provided a relaxing and soothing atmosphere for the sleeping figures and Miyeon looked so serene and peaceful at light. Shuhua sat just beside the bed while facing Miyeon. She examined the older girl's features and she felt butterflies in her stomach going wild again. Well-trimmed eyebrows that crunches everytime Miyeon is annoyed, long lashes that girls are dying to have, cute button nose that wrinkles when she laughs, soft and squishy cheeks that you won't get tired caressing, until Shuhua's eyes landed on Miyeon's already parted lips. Those luscious, plump, and kissable lips, just waiting for attention.

Shuhua was too dazed and mesmerised by the older's beauty that she was unconsciously leaning in. When their lips were inches away, she heard Miyeon whispering inaudible words. Shuhua suddenly realized what was she doing and quickly threw her head back. She almost knocked the alarm clock on the bed side table but luckily, she was fast enough to hold it and avoid noises.

She looked at both figures and searched for a sign of them waking up but their light snores told Shuhua otherwise. She released a relieve sigh before focusing again on Miyeon. The huge teddy bear Miyeon was hugging is somewhat annoying Shuhua so with a huff, she quickly removed the bear. This caused Miyeon to stir on her sleep and Shuhua used that as a chance to slip into Miyeon's arms. Miyeon's sleeping form automatically tightened her hug at the new thing and pulled Shuhua close to her body. Shuhua's nose was invaded by Miyeon's scent and she immediately got addicted to the scent. Shuhua buried her face to the crook of Miyeon's neck and wrapped her arms around Miyeon's waist.

"I'm really sorry unnie..." Shuhua started whispering. She didn't care if Miyeon won't hear her but she will still say it with her new found confidence -thanks for Miyeon's warmth and comforting scent-. "I'm sorry if I was mean to you... it's just that, I love the way you would get annoyed." Shuhua smiled at the memory every time Miyeon would throw a tantrum. "I always say that I'm gonna puke but the truth is, you're too cute I think I'm gonna die with diabetes." The younger chuckled at her own joke but she still continued. "There's just something in you that I've always wanted to see and I only get to see that when I'm teasing you."  Shuhua gripped on the older's shirt. "I'm really sorry if I'm going over board at times..." Tears slowly formed in the corner of Shuhua's eyes before she ended her apology. "I promise, I won't bother you ever again..." Shuhua swallowed the lump forming in as she sigh through her nose. "Just please... don't hate me." And Shuhua lost it. She did her best to cry silently but she failed.

A hand started running to her hair, giving her a tickling sensation and butterflies on her stomach. She looked up and there she saw Miyeon looking at her with a gentle smile. Miyeon kissed Shuhua's forehead before she wiped the younger's cheeks. "I'm really sorry I said those mean words." Miyeon started while looking deeply at Shuhua's glistening orbs. She cupped Shuhua's cheeks so the younger won't avoid her gaze. "And I don't want you to stop, I just want you to know your limits." Miyeon kissed each of Shuhua's eyes, the salty liquid touching her lips but she couldn't care less. "Also, I don't, I won't, and I will never hate you." She gave Shuhua's nose a soft kiss before she landed her forehead to Shuhua's. "Because I will always love my favorite creature." And Miyeon ended her statement and sealed it with a soft and chaste kiss on the lips. It wasn't rushed or a passionate kiss, it was a kiss that pours all Miyeon's feelings for the younger. Shuhua felt her stomach about to explode and her heart wanting to jump out of her ribcage. She closed her eyes, just wanting to feel Miyeon's lips and nothing else. They let it linger for a minute before they parted. Miyeon beamed at the flustered, shy, and really warm Shuhua while she tucks some strands of her hair behind the younger's ear.

"I love you."

"I-I love you... too."

---

"5000 won for a picture of the two making out!" Minnie announced proudly in the kitchen while showing her phone. Yuqi laughed at how careless the two are making Shuhua flustered. She quickly hid her face on Miyeon's neck and bit on it a little bit hard, an action she does when she's embarrassed. The duo is in the living room and Shuhua was straddling Miyeon's lap when Minnie suddenly appeared out of nowhere and snapped a picture.

"Who would pay you when we will see it every damn time?" Soojin rolled her eyes at Minnie before settling beside the duo on the living room. "And please, no PDAs." She glared at the two and Miyeon just smiled apologetically before standing up with Shuhua on her arms. This took Shuhua by surprise and she quickly tightened her hug on the older's shoulder and waist.

"And remember that the walls aren't soundproof!" Soyeon added when the two disappeared in their shared rooms. Miyeon just wiggled her eyebrows and they just shook their head. It wasn't long until a deafening sound echoed in the apartment.

"Yeh Shuhua! Give me back my phone!"

*

END!

I realized that it is too cringe-worthy but YOLO!. Thank you for reading. ^_^