Settling

No Kookie Without the Suga
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4- Settling

 

Yoongi woke up extra early the next morning to begin what would become the daily routine for the young men in the next coming weeks. After showering and dressing, he set out Jungkook’s assignments for the day, made breakfast, ate what he wanted and put the rest in the microwave for Jungkook when he got up, text him a quick note of encouragement, and left for work.

 

Jungkook got up around ten that morning and realized that it was kind of nice to wake up to a quiet apartment. He read the text, replied quickly with a short “Thanks, hyung.” Jungkook ate breakfast and started on his schoolwork. Over the next few months, this routine continued. The only differences were what Yoongi would find upon coming home. Oftentimes it was Jungkook and his friends, both Taehyung and Jimin, working on some assignments in various positions in the living room. Sometimes they were playing video games on whatever platform the boys decided to bring over. Other times, it was just Jungkook and one of the boys curled up on the couch and watching TV, eating cheap snacks and laughing. The shock came one Friday evening as Yoongi stepped into the living room after work. The first thing he saw upon entering was Jungkook and Jimin: Kook was propped against the corner of the couch, Jimin pressed over and against him, and their lips locked tightly together. The boys were making out. On his couch. He loudly dropped his keys while simultaneously kicking off his shoes. Jimin jumped back, eyes wide and cheeks instantly flushed in embarrassment. Jungkook just sat up and wiped his mouth, smiling as if nothing had been going on.

 

“Hey hyung! How was work?” he asked, taking in the raised eyebrow and questioning expression on his hyung’s face. Jungkook laughed, shaking his head quickly as he motioned between himself and Jimin. “No, hyung, no- it’s not what it looks like. Jimin wants to ask Taehuyng out but he’s scared that he’s a bad kisser. I was helping him practice. Not that it matters, really, because Taehyung has no experience either.” He shrugs, frowning at the disbelieving look on Yoongi’s face. “I mean it, hyung! I’m not even interested in Jimin- in anyone, really. I’m aual, I have no romantic or ual interests at all.” This caused Yoongi’s other eyebrow to come up, as well. That was unexpected. He never would have thought that the adorable young man in front of him would be so unattainable. Well, it was his life, he could do as he pleased. Yoongi smiled at the two and chuckled.

 

“I guess it’s a good thing that I walked in and not Tae, yeah? Lock the door next time. By the way, from what little I saw, it looks like you’re not too bad for a beginner. Are you staying for dinner?” Jimin hopped up, excusing himself quickly as he grabbed his coat and bag, heading for the door. As he gently shut it behind him, Yoongi couldn’t help but chuckle once again. “Poor kid, I think I embarrassed him. Oops.” Jungkook smiled, shaking his head as he stood up and stretched.

 

“Probably. He’ll get over it. I guess he’s getting better, I don’t know how to tell really either. It’s not something I can see myself ever enjoying, so…” he shrugs, taking the various grocery items out of the bags that Yoongi had brought home for dinner. “Um, hyung? You… do you mind, that I’m aual?” Yoongi glanced up at him once again in disbelief.

 

“Kook, who you choose to love, or not to, is frankly none of my business unless you’re being hurt. I would never judge you based on your ual preferences. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy. Don’t ever worry about things like that, ok?” He leaned over and grabbed Jungkook by the cheeks, tilting his head down and kissing his crown. Jungkook blushed slightly and grinned happily at his hyung.

 

“Thanks, hyung. But just so you know, who you date while I’m here is totally my business. I’ll have to leave the house for you to get laid, so I’ll need to know anyways…” Yoongi lost it, having to sit down. He was laughing so hard. He assured Jungkook there was no dating in the stars from him for a good while, so there was no need to worry.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

The next night, Saturday night. Yoongi came home to a sleeping Jungkook. He was fast asleep on the couch with his textbook on the floor next to him. Yoongi picked it up and grinned- History. He could understand completely. As annoying as it was to read about, it was super entertaining to watch in TV documentaries. He placed the book back on the stack by the table, began cooking dinner, and wasn’t at all surprised to see Jungkook’s disheveled head peek over the back of the couch. Yoongi gave him a smile and went back to cooking.

 

“Rough day, schoolboy?” He asked, stirring the meat he had simmering. Jungkook sat up straight, grinning happily in an instant.

 

“Yep! Guess what! You’ll never believe what I did today! I got bored, so I went for a walk around the neighborhood. When I got back, I ran into an old halmeoni carrying her groceries up the stairs. I helped her, and we started talking a little. I found out that she is our landlady, and she’s been having trouble with the groundskeepers that do the lawn and such: they’ve been slacking, trying to raise their monthly fees, blah blah blah,” he waves his hand in the air and rolls his eyes. “Anyways, I asked what they were responsible for, which is very little. When she told me, I told her I would do it every week if she’d discount your rent payment. As it turns out, she was paying them about what your rent is every month, so as long as I continue to do the work you don’t have to pay rent! I can help us, hyung!” He beamed at Yoongi, obviously very proud of himself. Yoongi’s mouth dropped open, his shock evident, and he shook himself gently to clear his thoughts.

 

“Wow, Kook, that’s… that’s going to be a huge help. Are you sure you can handle it though? I mean you have a lot of work to catch up on, and your friends to hang out with…” Jungkook snorted, standing up to walk to the table so he was closer to his hyung and the food.

 

“Hyung, I’ve been so bored, nothing to do. This will keep me occupied, give me a workout, and leave more money for you to use on necessities. I’ll do it in the morning when I wake up, shower, get my schoolwork done, then play with my friends and hang out with you for a little. No big deal. If it gets to be too much, I’ll space it out over a few more days. The property is pretty small, really, and not everything has to be done weekly. It’ll be a piece of cake; I think I’ll actually enjoy it. Don’t worry, hyung. I can handle this.” He smiled, patting his hyung’s shoulder and stealing a piece of meat from the pan. Yoongi tried to slap his hand, missed, and chuckled.

 

“Alright, brat. Thank you, I appreciate this. It will help immensely, and will get you some new clothes and shoes much faster than I had planned. I can’t believe how well this is all working out. I mean… it kind of makes me scared, you know? Like, wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter