Cold

No Kookie Without the Suga
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1- Cold

                Min Yoongi had just left the studio he rented, a few blocks away from the tiny apartment he also rented. Neither place was much, really, but they were places he funded with his own money- hard earned, he might add. He had been out of the prestigious “Soul of Seoul” music academy for a while now- he had graduated with honors, although the only people there to support him had been his classmates and best friends. His father owned the largest hotel chain in South Korea, his mother was a world-famous fashion designer, but they didn’t support his dreams of becoming a world-famous rap star. So, when he left their roof, he learned the hard way to make it on his own. He had to wait until he had graduated- there was no way he could have put himself through that particular college on his own. They had promised to pay, as long as he took a few business courses along the way. He agreed instantly- he would do anything for his music, and if taking a few extra classes was all it took, he was in. After that, it went downhill. He graduated, refused the job his father had planned for him to accept, and struck out on his own. He now was a factory worker in a Hyundai parts plant. The job wasn’t especially stressful, mostly manual labor and dirty, surrounded by grease and oil all day, but it paid well and he took overtime whenever he could get it. He was doing alright on his own, and he was proud of himself. One day, if he ever contacted his parents again, he would make sure they knew how hard he was working for his dream. He wasn’t one to sit back idly and hope. If he wanted something, he knew he had to fight tooth and nail to get it.

                He was halfway home and deep in thought when the weather turned sour, the first sign being the clinking he could hear on the cars and the brightly-lit streetlamps. Quickly pulling up his phone, he saw that it was 10:45pm and the weather was calling for a rain/sleet mix. He groaned, not prepared for this, and pocketed his phone once more before taking off at a run. As he turned the corner passed a set of apartments a block from his, he saw slowed to a halt by the rundown park that he passed twice a day. Sitting under a tree was a kid, he couldn’t be more than 17, curled up with his knees to his chest and trying to sit out of the freezing rain. Yoongi looked around, trying to see if there was anyone around who could help the kid. Of course, seeing no one, he sighed resolutely and jogged over to the kid, yanking him up by his arm.

                “What the hell are you doing out here, kid, you’ll freeze! Go home!” He yells, shaking the kid slightly. The kid looks fearfully at the older male assaulting his arm, shaking his head from side to side.

                “I-I can’t, I don’t have anywhere to go. I have been living here for weeks now, it’s just not been that ba-“ Yoongi cuts him off by bending down to grab the kid’s backpack that he had been sitting on previously.

                “Is this all you things? You don’t have anything else hidden anywhere?” The boy shook his head, a confused look gracing his soft features. Yoongi sighs and shoulders the bag, breaking into a run again with the boy scampering behind to keep up with the hand that’s dragging him.

                “S-sir? Hyung? Um, where are you taking me?” The kid asked, thoroughly confused at this turn of events. No answer. A few minutes later, he’s pulled into a dimly lit hallway with a dingy stairwell and mailboxes lining the walls. His “captor” releases his wrist, pulls out a small key, obviously getting his mail, and begins going up the stairs, glancing through his mail. He pauses halfway up the first flight and looks at the young man.

“Are you coming? I figured you’d at least want something to eat.” The kid nods quickly, catching up with the red-headed elder quickly. He honestly couldn’t remember when he was last in the heat with a decent meal without being chased off.

                Finally, reaching the third floor, the elder opened the door into poorly-lit hallway and pulled out another key, unlocking the door to apartment 332 and pushing it open. Flipping on the light, he dropped the backpack by the door and removed his shoes, his new companion doing the same, looking around curiously. Yoongi turned to face the kid and gave him a serious look. “Over there is the bathroom. I want you to go take a hot shower, but leave the door unlocked. I’ll bring you a change of clothes to borrow and set them on the counter. You’ll be staying here tonight, but don’t you even think about stealing from me, understood? I don’t have much of anything, but what I do is mine and I’ve worked for it, so I will not take kindly to it being gone. Got me?”

The kid swallowed nervously and nodded quickly. “Of course, hyung! I would ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter