Meeting Do Kyungsoo

Flower Boy

Jongin heard soft rustling sounds coming from the other side of the dorm, signaling that his roommate, Sehun, had just woken up. It was their first day of university and honestly, Jongin didn't want to move an inch. Jongin wished he could stay underneath his warm, plush blanket, but his first class of the day was at 8:30. Sehun was so lucky; his first class wasn't until 9:15, so he could sleep in a little longer than Jongin could. Jongin thought about sleeping for a few more minutes before he realized something... Sehun told him he was waking up at 8:45, while Jongin had set his alarm for 8:00. Still half-asleep and very confused, Jongin blindly reached for his phone. Maybe Sehun just woke up early? It was probably like 7:50 or something. Yeah. No worries.

However, when Jongin's tired eyes finally focused on the time on his screen, he knew that he was in trouble.

"- you scared me!" Sehun frowned at his roommate, who was now frantically running around their dorm like a maniac.

"Why didn't you wake me up? You know I have a lecture at 8:30, I'm already fifteen minutes late!" Jongin groaned as he threw on some clothes and attempted to quickly style his terrible bed head.

"Your alarm didn't go off, so I assumed you were skipping." Sehun shrugged it off like it was no big deal, but Jongin was freaking out.

"Dude. It's the first day. Why the hell would I skip?" Jongin crammed random textbooks and school supplies into his backpack before running out the door without another word to his nonchalant roommate. Both of his shoes were untied and his glasses were crooked as he sprinted to class in an attempt to make up for lost time. To say the least, Jongin was a mess.

Only stressed-out freshmen ran to their classes and Jongin was getting pretty embarrassed as he passed by judging whispers and looks. Okay, it was very obvious Jongin was a freshman but so what?! He was late, he had every right to run. He even sacrificed picking up his daily pumpkin spice latte (though he was still very tempted to stop by the nearest Starbucks) in order to avoid being even later than he already was.

Jongin was panting by the time he finally made it to class, having to wait a minute or two outside the door to calm his loud breathing. He didn't exactly have a minute or two to spare, but he didn't want his classmates to know that he had to rush to the classroom because he was so, so late. After a short rest, he opened the door as slowly and as quietly as he could so no one would see how devastatingly late he was. Jongin thought he would be able to sneak in unnoticed, but there was yet another problem. Where was he supposed to sit? He scanned the insanely crowded classroom but found absolutely no vacant seats. Great. This morning just kept getting worse and worse!

After what felt like years of searching, Jongin had to stop himself from cheering when he finally spotted a place to sit. Yes! Now he wouldn't look like a complete weirdo just standing awkwardly off to the side of the classroom. He wiggled his way past the other students to get to the seat that was inconveniently in the middle of one of the many rows of chairs. 

"Sorry. Oops, my bad. Really sorry..." Jongin mumbled apologies underneath his breath as he did a very bad job of avoiding people's feet and bags. When he sat down he let out a quiet sigh of relief and calmly started to unpack his bag, as if he was on time and not almost half an hour late. At least he had shoved in the right textbooks into his bag. That was a positive to this otherwise negative day.

Jongin heard a soft chuckle and turned to look at the person he was sitting next to, the stranger's heart-shaped lips curved into a smile.

"Rough morning?" He asked. There was no judgment in his classmate's voice, but Jongin could feel his cheeks turning a rosy pink. Of course he had to sit next to someone so attractive, and of course they noticed that he literally rolled out of bed before their class. God, he was so embarrassed.

"Yeah, uh... Could you catch me up on what the professor has gone over so far?" Jongin asked, changing the subject. "My name's Jongin, by the way."

"Sure, Jongin. I'm Kyungsoo, it's nice to meet you." Kyungsoo smiled again, and Jongin was convinced that his heart skipped a beat.

As Kyungsoo explained the first half an hour of the lecture, Jongin found that the world around him went quiet. He wasn't hearing anything Kyungsoo was saying. Jongin was observing Kyungsoo, not listening to him.

He loved the way Kyungsoo's eyes would crinkle and disappear every time he laughed, and how passionate Kyungsoo looked when Jongin assumed he was describing something important to him. Yes, Jongin had asked Kyungsoo to explain the lecture to him. However, Kyungsoo was just so incredibly gorgeous that Jongin had a hard time focusing on anything else.

"... and I'm pretty sure this class will be an easy A, so don't stress too much." Jongin finally snapped back to reality just in time to hear Kyungsoo finish his mini lecture.

"Thanks, that was really helpful." Jongin pretended like he knew what Kyungsoo said.

"No problem! I'm happy to help." Kyungsoo flashed him another heart-stopping smile before focusing back on the lecture.

The rest of class consisted of Jongin looking up from his notes (pretty often) to glance at Kyungsoo. Unlike himself, Kyungsoo was paying very close attention to what their professor had to say. Kyungsoo's brows would furrow every once in a while whenever he didn't understand something, and Jongin thought it was so ing cute. He definitely wouldn't get that easy A if all he did was stare at Kyungsoo.

Jongin didn't even realize class was over until Kyungsoo started to pack up his things.

"Well, I've got to get going. I only have ten minutes to get to my next class." Kyungsoo pouted, shrugging his backpack over his narrow shoulders.

"That . I'll let you go, then. See you Wednesday." Jongin was suddenly very excited to go to this class two times a week, even though it was at 8:30 in the morning. Seeing Kyungsoo made waking up so early so worth it.

He watched as Kyungsoo left before gathering up his things and texting Sehun.

J: I just met my soulmate.

S: Don't be ridiculous, Jongin. Whoever this person is, you just met them today. You're crazy.

J: I'm not crazy. I think I'm going to ask him out.

S: At least do me a favor and actually get to know him before you try to date him. He could hate pumpkin spice lattes, and we both know that's a deal breaker.

J: Don't say something so horrible. I'll get to know him, okay? See you later.

S: Good. See you later, man.

Jongin shoved his phone back into his pocket, grinning from ear to ear as he thought about Kyungsoo. Was he being creepy? Maybe a little bit. But Jongin firmly believed in love at first sight, and he just had a good feeling about Kyungsoo.

The rest of Jongin's day was pretty uneventful. His other class was literally a snoozefest (Jongin fell asleep twice) with way too much homework that he didn't want to do. Tuesday was no different, except that he was actually on time for his first class of the day. However, his second day was just as boring as his first, and he wanted to see Kyungsoo so badly. Wednesday couldn't come soon enough!

All Jongin could do was wait, unaware that his 'love story' would eventually take an unexpected turn. 

 

 

Author's Note-

So, uh... Here's my first chapter! It's kind of short and a bit rough on the edges, but I was really eager to update this fanfic. I'm mostly writing it as I go, so your guess as to how this story is going to progress is as good as mine xD I'm going to be starting university very soon, so I'm not sure how frequently I'll be able to update. But I would really love to update as much as I can (with the second chapter being much longer), so stay tuned! There's a possibility I'll be editing chapters after they've been posted, so I'll make sure you all know when that happens cx Thanks for reading!