Chapter 2: Kwon Yul

Thousand of Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: Kwon Yul

 

05th September 2014, Friday, 11:00 a.m.

Sung-Kwan University: Hall Way.

Yul POV

 

Since I met her at the rooftop and I didn't saw her even once since that day. I wonder where she is. Is she sick? I wanted to ask her friends about it but I'm too shy to ask. Sigh. Besides, I'm kind of nervous to meet them because we never talk to each other. Yes, at least with Taeyeon she talks to me even though I can count just how many words came out from everytime I initiate the talk.

 

Should I look for her friends instead? Sigh. What should I do? I have only 1 hour before my class start later. God, what should I do? I stop walking and lean my body at the wall. I noticed that there are a few girls that are passing by looking at me with a shy smile. I just smile back at them not wanting to be rude.

 

I fixed my shirt and continue to walk along the hall way as I sometimes take a glance into the class that I passed by. I keep walking until this one person caught my eyes. I can tell that it is her by just one look.

 

"Taeyeon?" I mumble as I stop my track and stare at her. I look at the whiteboard. "So she have a test? Thats why I didn't see her around." I mumbles again and keep observing her. 

 

"Mr. Kwon?" I know that voice so well. I close my eyes and hissed thinking that he caught me.

 

"Yes, Mr. Jang?" I asked politely. 

 

"What are you doing here?" He eyed me from head to toe.

 

"Nothing. I'm just happened to pass by and saw this class so I take a glance at it. Just thats all." Oh yeah. I hope he didn't ask any further question. God.

 

"They are having a test right now and I don't want any disturbance occur." Mr. Jang said in a stern tone. 

 

I bowed. "So sorry for the inconvenience, Mr. Jang." 

 

He nods. "Off you go."

 

I look at Taeyeon for the last time and found that she's already looking at me with her blank face. I smile at her before I walk away from there. 

 

 

 

Rooftop - 11:17 a.m.

 

I have nowhere to go so I come here again. Yoong and Syoung have a class to attend at this moment thats why I have nowhere to go. I take out my cigaratte and begin to smoke. Since she's not here I think it's fine for me to smoke once.

 

I was blowing the smoke and make an 'O' shape when I heard the door opened. I froze in my position and didn't dare to turn to look at that person. Holy . What should I do? 

 

The footsteps made by that person slowly fade away. She must be sitting at the desk she sat that day. Yeah guys, it's Taeyeon. I thought she's gonna be mad at me but she didn't even bothered to say anything. I finished my cigarette and sit there. I hesitate whether I should go and greet her or just walk away. 

 

I shouldn't let this chance pass didn't I? I look at the sky and take a deep breath. 

 

...

 

I peek at her before I walk and stand in front of her. "Annyeong.." I greet which she just act like I didn't even exist. What a tough love you had chose this time Kwon Yul uh?

 

I clear my throat and try my luck again. "How was the test? I hope you get a great result since I know you must have been work very hard for it." I said while smiling like an idiot. Yes I admit I look so much like an idiot whenever I'm in front of her. 

 

I smile and shook my head as I walk near the edge of the place. "Just what am I doing?" I thought after feeling myself so silly. My back is facing her now and she is still didn't say a word about what I talked about.

 

Even though it is like that I'm glad that she didn't asked me to leave this place but instead she just ignore my presence. At least she let me be in the same place as her. That is enough for me. 

 

I approached her again and just take a look at her for a few seconds before I decide to talk again. "Uhm, sorry for disturbing you." I said and wait for her reply.

 

She sigh and stop writing. "What do you want, kid?" She asked and it caught me off guard. Really caught me off guard.

 

Yes, I know I'm a kid. She really doesn't need to remind me about that. "I just wanted to greet you."

 

"You did right? Now go and don't disturb me." She said in a cold tone as she eyed me with a serious look.

 

"Uhm, can we be friend?" Thats when she look at me almost immediately with are-you-serious look. Did I just said the wrong thing? "I want to be friend with you." I said as I stare right into her eyes.

 

"Please go. I have another test on 2 o'clock and I don't want to be disturb." She said as her eyes turned to her notes again. 

 

"Sorry again for disturbing you then. Good luck! I hope you can answer in ease." I said.

 

She look at me for a moment. "Thanks." She let out a quick smile and begin to write again. 

 

I nods at it. "Goodbye." I was about to walk away when I saw that one person I never wish to meet if I'm with Taeyeon.

 

"What are you doing here Yul?" He peek behind me. Yes, he's looking at Taeyeon at this moment. "I thought we are buddies but what now? Are you trying to hit on my girl?" He asked. Oh come on. She's not even your girl anymore. Thats not even count as stealing her from you because both of you had officially break up few months ago.

 

"Me?" I point at myself. "I came here to smoke and accidentally met her here." I answer but he give me that suspicious look.

 

"You better not to lie to me." He raise his index finger pointing it in front of my face. Here goes your pride Yul.

 

I push his hand away from my face slowly as I don't want to pick a fight. "Listen. First, I'm not lying. Second, yes brother we are buddies." I approached him and whisper. "And third, she's not even your girl. Not anymore." Then I walk away from there. 

 

...

 

I didn't really leave that place. Instead I wait at the stairs. I'm afraid he might do something bad to her even though I know he won't do that kind of thing because he loves her so much. I didn't really know about their love story because I never wanted to know about it. It will give me nothing but a heartbreak and I'm not ready to experience a heartbreak again.

 

I tapped my foot on the floor as I'm feeling nervous and very anxious thinking of what might be happening up there. 

 

End of Yul POV

 

 

 

Rooftop - 11:45 a.m.

 

Taeyeon ignore the presence of that man even though he keep asking her questions. "So this is where I can find you uh? Answer me, you barely reply my message and is it because of that guy? That kind of a guy?" He asked in an angry tone. 

 

She massage her temples and close her books. He come at the wrong time. A really wrong time. "Go away." She simply said. 

 

"What? No. I'm not going anywhere, Kim Taeyeon. Not until you answer my question." He sternly said. 

 

"I'm the one who should asked you a question. Just who you are? Why did you acted so much like a mad boyfriend when you're not even one?" She asked in frustrated tone and it makes him caught off guard.

 

"I-I.. Don't you even once think about my offer? About getting back together? I still love you.. I promise I won't let the history repeat itself.." His voice turn to a polite one after a burst from her. 

 

"Go away. I don't want to see you. Please." She said without even looking at him.

 

He scoff. "Remember that we still have a business to settle. I will never give up on you." He remind then walk away from there.

 

Taeyeon bite her lips. She try so hard to prevent herself from crying. How can he be so heartless? At first he come and shout then he turn to a nice one and a few seconds later he become a total jerk for scoffing at her like that. It hurts her.

 

 

 

Yul POV

 

Oh no. He's coming! I get out from the emergency exit and walk into the crowd until I saw him get out from that door too. Once he is far enough from it I rush upstairs to check on her. Oh my God. I hope she's fine. 

 

...

 

I open the door slowly and close it without making any sound. I didn't even have to walk to her side because I can hear her sobs and sniff a little from here. Damn it. I shouldn't have let him met her. I lean at the wall and all I hear is her sobbing sound. I should get her friends here. Yeah, I need to find them.

 

 

 

Hall Way - 12:11 p.m.

 

I walk through the hall way and look for the schedule board of her friends' class. I remember that Jessica is taking Major in Laws while Tiffany is taking Major in Media and Production. Lets check if my guess is right or not.

 

I check one by one and yes! I'm right! My eyes dart from left to right as I check their schedule. So they don't have any class afterward? I tapped my chin and walk away from that board thinking where should I find them.

 

My God. What should I do? I can't let Taeyeon alone for too long. Lets look for them at the cafe since it's lunch time now. 

 

...

 

Being a football player and a gym maniac really do help me a lot this time. Even though I walked a lot I still feel so energize and hype to look for those two. I can'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter