Quattro| It's complicated

Midnight at the Orchard

 Youngjae
||CHAPTER FOUR||
'It's Complicated'

"He's a worthless piece of trash that left me alone and never said a proper goodbye," I expressed angrily. I didn't want to remember anything from that last night. I knew deep down that Im Jaebum would have a perfectly good explanation to why he never showed up to our meet up but... but he never came back after that. Leaving me wondering every day for years on what could've happened.

"Look Youngjae, I understand. It hurt you, but maybe this is the chance to fix everything," I sighed, knowing that if I worked at my usual summer jobs I would be seeing Jaebum more often than I would like to. "You're right, Jin-ho. Maybe a completely new start between both of us would be good," Jin-ho smiled, then walked over to me from behind the counter. He patted my back then spoke, "There you go, now how is school? A possible boyfriend?" I smiled and chuckled a bit, "Sadly no, not many gay men in my department. Or even in the school,"

"Man, who knew Seoul men would be so nitpicky with their men?" I laughed a bit more, "Yeah who knew? Now, hows the little village been? Is there any tea that I need to fill in on?" He laughed, "You ask this every summer you come back,"

"Is it bad that I just want to know all the news?" He shook his head, "Not at all my young boy, more like this town needs more excitement before you can ask anything," My random burst of curiosity died down and my smile turned into a small frown, "Really? Nothing?" Jin-ho nodded, "Minus the two births in Taeyong's family and the Jaebum returning to town after what seems like decades there is absolutely nothing," I shook my head.

"That's why you left, right Jae?" I shook my head, "No, I didn't leave because the pot tends to be dry. I left because I couldn't bear passing by that villa everytime I had to head to Taeyong's family's farm," He just nodded then walked back to behind the counter. He placed the CD of Im Jaebum's new album into a small plastic bag then pushed the bag towards me. Seeing this random action made me wonder what time it was. I look down at my right wrist to see that it was about to be seven. "Here you go Jae,"

"How much is it, Jin-ho?" He shook his head and placed his hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry it's on the house, I know you've been waiting to buy it from me. You are my number one customer Jae," I smiled, "I promise that I will be back for every vacation to keep my reputation," He smiled then shoo'ed me away.

"Bye Jin-ho, see you around!" I yelled not long after running out of the small shop. I ran down the street holding to the small plastic bag tightly. The sun began to set and the street lights began to illuminate the dark streets, my pace quickened until I approached a building. I stopped in front of the building and smiled as I read the familiar sign, Gli Astro.

I grabbed the handle of the door and swung it open. Allowing the high pitch soothing chime of the small bell to fill the silence of the store. I heard shuffling of feet coming towards me.

"Youngjae-hyung!" I smiled and opened my arms to greet one of my three younger siblings. "Min-su! How are you?" I asked smiling as I didn't see him or my sisters the first two weeks of summer break since they were with my grandmother in Gangneung. "Great, I finished this school year as the top student. I also decided that I want to be a surgeon, I want to study science like you!" I laughed at my fourteen-year-old brother's dreams. He wasn't like any normal angsty or hormonal teenage boy. Min-su was unique.

He was extremely smart for his age. Always excelling at everything he did. He was the families 'Golden Maknae'. Sports, school, social, well practically everything. Then he was very charming and kind to everyone(a quality we all get from our lovely mother). Now that he is growing from the little baby boy look he sure is getting attention from more people. A good-looking, talented, kind, charming, intelligent, and extroverted young man who is going to change things in this world. That is my younger brother Min-su.

Funny thing is he looks nothing like me. I have straight black hair while he has light brown wavy hair. I have light skin with warm undertones but Min-su has pale skin with cool undertones(giving him a vampire look). His eyes are smaller than mine and a light hazel while I have simple brown eyes. Then he's almost my height(and still growing) while I stay at a solid 5'10.

"Where's mom and the twins?" I asked curious about our sisters. He just groaned, "Mom went to work a shift at the diner and won't be back until one in the morning. As for the twins they're at a party at Kim Soo-jin's house," I scowled, "You mean the guy that was hitting on Nari last time?" He nodded, I scrunched up my face in disgust. "Oh well, they won't be so happy when they can't come in through the front door, huh?"Min-su nodded, "Why is the mom working extra shifts in the diner?" Min-su gave me a weak smile and started scratching his neck. "You see, the shop hasn't been doing so well. With you at college and the twins soon going to college mom needs extra shifts or more jobs," I frowned, "Then why don't you and the twins get jobs too, I'll take more shifts at the bar this summer and at the bookstore," I rambled on trying to come up with ways to fix the problem.

"Hyung, it's okay. I'm working part-time in the orchards of the Im Villa, Shin-ae is working at the cafe, as a tutor, and at the supermarket, and Nari is working as a dance teacher and as a part-time maid at also at the Im Villa," Min-su said, cooly, while counting the money and writing in the budget book my mother had. I sighed, "Seems like you guys have it all under control,"

"Of course we do, I also manage the money in this house cause mom is forgetful, Shin-ae is too busy, and Nari loses everything," I laughed, smiling brightly on how mature and grown up my baby brother had become. "Now Hyung, I heard Jaebum-hyung is back in town," My bright smile immediately disappeared as I made a sour face to Min-suj's comment. "I guess news travels fast,"

"Have you seen him yet? I hope you plan to at least see him once, you guys are best friends," He said putting the budget book away and placing the money into the safe, "Were. We aren't best friends anymore," I said sourly as I walked to the stairs, Min-su following me. "Really? But you have all of his CD's, you know all of Jaebum's songs by heart!" he said walking in front of me up the stairs going straight for my room as I trailed behind him. Min-su opened the door to my room and walked in

"I can't help it if he makes good music," I defensively told my younger brother, "For god's sake Hyung you own his very first album 'A New World' up until his newest album,"

"That is a lie cause I don't have five albums, I only own four," He gave me the 'seriously' look and walked close to me, "Then what's in the bag?" I began to panic, "Oh this? It's just a book I got on plants," He raised an eyebrow in disbelief and stuck out his hand, "You wouldn't mind me seeing it, would you?" He asked 'innocently' while tilting his head slightly to the side. I could feel the chills slide down my spine, already knowing that if I didn't listen I would have hell to pay.

I hesitantly handed him the small plastic bag that contained the newest released(Well it was six months ago since it came out while I was in school and I only buy from Jin-ho). He opened the bag to reveal the contents, he took out the album and smiled. " 'This Faded Realm'," He read curiously, "Now you have five. Face it Hyung, you still love Jaebum and wish to be either friends or..." He wiggled his eyebrows and I felt the light red blush being applied to my face. I closed my eyes in hope that my annoying little brother would stop teasing me. I took deep breaths in and out to calm myself while Min-su continuously chanted "Youngjae and Jaebum sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G". I facepalmed as Min-su's chant continued, Dear lord why do you curse me like this? I thought to myself.


When I finally got Min-su to stop and leave my room I grabbed my CD player and the new album. I opened the case of the CD. I frowned as I looked at the song list of the new album:

1. ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT YOU
2. STAND ALONE
3. YOUR SMILE
4. BLAND
5. 1:31 AM

All the songs had a sense of loneliness to them. Which deep down made me feel petty.

I was his best friend; I knew everything about him. Now I only know the basics. I did wonder about him I did basic research on Jaebum after I found out he started his own company which skyrocketed in a few years, but never did I bother to do more research. I just listen to his music and saw the music video and dance practices. That was all.

I sighed pressing play on the CD player then grabbing my laptop. I clicked on my search engine and typed in Im Jaebum. Many news articles popped up but I scrolled until I found a profile with his information.

Full Name: Im JaebumBirthday: January 6, 1994Zodiac sign: CapricornNationality: KoreanHeight: 179 cm (5'10 

Full Name: Im Jaebum
Birthday: January 6, 1994
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Nationality: Korean
Height: 179 cm (5'10" 1/2)
Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Specialties: B-Boying
Hobbies: Watching movies, taking pictures, traveling, eating at restaurants
Favorite Artists: Michael Jackson, India Arie & Javier

Jaebum Facts:
1. Comes from a wealthy family that owns a winery
2. Three older sisters(only male and grandson)
3. Youngest in his father's side of the family(not including nephews and nieces)
4. Closest to his Grandmother: Im Suk-Ja
5. Owner of J.B.I Entertainment
6. Close friends with Park Jinyoung(Musician of JYP entertainment), Jackson Wang(CEO of Wang Corps), Mark Tuan(Model), Kim Yugyeom(Assistant of Jaebum), and BamBam(Owner of Adonis Clothing).
7. Won Three album of the year awards
8. Won Best Soloist of 20XX Award
9. Refused to inherit the winery from his father and chose his own path.

I knew most of this but I still continued to read the profile. I continued to scroll reaching ten which shocked me a little bit.

10. Released an official statement on February 20th, 20XX that he was homoual
11. Rumors of Jaebum planning to propose to now Ex-boyfriend Byun Baekhyun
12. Dated Byun Baekhyun(Model) for three years but broke up after finding out that Baekhyun cheated on him with Park Chanyeol(Musician of SM Entertainment)

I blinked, reread the first sentence then continued. I knew he wasn't straight but I didn't know he was full out gay and that he's very open about it. Then of what happened between him and his ex-boyfriend is probably why Jaebum started to release dark and depressing music for a while. Still very good but the reason why is much more painful then you'd think. I kept on reading although I was a lot more hesitant to continue on.

13. Left home after his parents kicked him out for wanting to pursue music and being openly gay.
14. Grandmother passed May of 20XX(exact date unknown)
15. Only has contact with Im Soojin(His eldest sister age 36. Also Owner of Im Family Winery)

I left the page then shut off my laptop. The last song on the album played. I placed my laptop away from me and pulled my knees to my chest. I rested my head on my knees and listened to the music. The lyrics touched me, I felt his pain and sorrow. I was more than enough sure that it was written for his ex-boyfriend. I quietly listened as tears threatened to leave me. I felt an odd connection to the song and began to hum along to the chorus, not long after falling into my thoughts.

I thought about all the summer I spent with Jaebum as a kid and how much fun I had. I thought about how close we were but when he suddenly disappeared from my life I had begun to 'hate' him; but in reality, if he came back I would greet him with open arms or just want to start over. I would do anything for him to be back in my life. I contemplated on trying to restart our friendship or continue to 'hate' him.

I didn't realize how deep in thought I was until I heard the third track play again. I actually listened to the song this time. I knew for a fact that this wasn't about his ex, no. It was about me. I never knew I could hate someone so much but love them more than anything in this world at the same time. That is when I settled my inner war.

I Choi Youngjae will go back into Im Jaebum's life not only for the sake that I love Jaebum but also because I want my questions to be answered.


A/N: Thank you for reading. Please leave a comment I love to hear your opinions and thoughts. I really am grateful to my few readers. You guys are the reason why I still find the motivation to publish these chapters. Thank you.

Also, this story is currently ranking #6 in #Got7Ships. *Insert WinWin's 'Whoop Whoop' and Yugyeom's 'Chuchuchu CHUUUUUUU!'* Here's a gift that took me hours to do since I have no creativity *sighs*. I tried but I'm 1000000000% sure it's all just cringe.


I tried but I'm 1000000000% sure it's all just cringe 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f55446f514c5141314248347874773d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356664383135363661636535313834393131313535303730392e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f3433546375627a6d5163654141413d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356664383236343730646564343730383535363037393730332e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4a4a305738526238534647636c773d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356664383431633563313662653635363834363132353535312e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6563385a386858655365414b7a673d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356664383466656239633636613733393439363431393338392e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4b32424446596b45715a796b6a673d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356666333865323431663662343538363731333434363332372e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5a71625a594e2d6c6264506145413d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356666336134616265323665373634343437363739373732322e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f446f5552465165744d314a4971773d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356666336333353962663437383531303439383235363632382e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4c73755a6e61676c3244636739513d3d2d3535383332343732302e313534356666336531633163666430313633353038343435303239302e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280 

It's all of Jaebum's Albums(yes I made these and yes the last album's tracklist background is Baekhyun 

It's all of Jaebum's Albums(yes I made these and yes the last album's tracklist background is Baekhyun. Don't worry he got permission to use that picture from Baekhyun. Although they aren't together they continue to be friends well after the 'Betrayal' Album).

Hope you liked them.

-Mrs.KimChii(07/29/18)