Chapter 2

Love, Choerry

Yerim shut her laptop and pulled her skinny jeans on properly, shooing her dog away from the white converse that had gotten more and more dirty as time passed. Giving herself a once over in the mirror and flashing a bright smile was the last thing she had to do before heading downstairs.

 

 

As soon as she reached the bottom of the stairs, her senses were greeted with the mouthwatering scent of blueberry pancakes.

 

 

“Morning, guys!” Jisung cringed a little at how loud her voice was this early in the morning, “Yerim, honey, sit and eat.” Yerim jokingly rolled her eyes, sitting on the counter top and waiting for her brother to finish her plate of pancakes. “Please don’t tell me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day...that’s so cliche, and you’re better than that!” Hyuna laughed a little while pouring herself another glass of orange juice, “I was going to say that breakfast lowers LDL cholesterol and prevents fluctuating glucose levels that could lead to type two diabetes.” The family of four laughed as Hyuna high fived their father, Yerim finally getting to take a bite of the pancakes she was promised and at the taste.

 

 

“Jisung, these are amazing!” She looked down as her little brother beamed a smile similar to hers. “Really? They aren’t crumbly enough though…” She watched him trail off when he cut them with his fork. “Stop, they’re perfect.”

 

 

Yerim tossed the rest of her pancake on the floor to her dog who had run downstairs shortly after her, grabbing her bookbag off the hook yelling an “okay” after her mother told her to be home before seven. Tuesday was always family night… or whichever tv show they had been submerged in came on.

 

 

Tossing her bookbag into the trunk, Yerim looked at the spot she had seen the girls stop before closing it a little too harshly. “God, why do girls have to be so pretty?" She mumbled to herself before getting into her car.

 

 

Her car was nicer than most teenager’s cars for many reasons, but to name a one: her parents were loaded, but what do you expect from two of the nation’s biggest pop stars? They weren’t just going to have their daughter ride around in some ty, pre-owned car like most teenagers got. Occasionally spoiled, but still kept humble, she had to earn her car. She graduated middle school with honors, ranking the highest in all of her classes, and passed her drivers ed class in Freshman year with the highest grades BlockBerry had ever seen.

 

 

So yea, she definitely earned it.

 

 

 

Yerim connected her phone to her newly installed bluetooth radio and played one one of Loona’s solo songs, softly humming to the tune of it as she pulled out of her driveway, making her way to Chaewon’s house.

 

 

When she arrived she prepared herself for the wild dream her best friend was about to tell her, maybe today it would be interesting. Yerim laughed to herself as Chaewon climbed into the backseat of her car. “You’ll never believe the dream I had last night!” "Save it until we get to Yeojin’s.”

 

Yeojin hadn’t lived that far from Chaewon’s, maybe a couple of seconds.

 

 

Yerim reversed her car and backed up in front of Yeojin’s house, watching her come running to her car bookbag in hand. The latter looked in her rearview mirror, waiting for Chaewon to continue her story...and the entire way to Hyejoo’s, that’s all they heard: some comical dream about how Chaewon got abducted by Aliens and how they wanted to preform tests on her because she was a ‘Human Female’ over the sound of “Vivid” off of Heejin’s solo album.

 

 

“Do we still have time to go get bubble tea??” The three laughed when Hyejoo slid into the backseat, not even greeting her friends before asking about her ‘Sacred ball juice.’

 

 

“Hello to you, too, Columbia.” Yerim knew her friend hated that nickname, but still used it to antagonize her ever since she heard it used over a Skype call with a friend from her old school when she was over...

 

 

“Come on Columbia, I’m sure BlockBerry isn’t that bad. I mean I’m 100% sure it’s better than YG.”

 

“Wait wait did she just call you Columbia?”

 

“Yea! Olivia Columbia don’t raise up and down Hye.”

 

“Hyejoo what the .”