Chapter one

Love, Choerry

"I'm just like you, for the most part my life is totally normal. My dad was the incredibly attractive rapper who married the hot dancer, and no they didn't peak in high school. I have a brother I actually like, not that I'd ever tell him that, and last year and 200 episodes of chopped to go, he decided he wanted to be a chef... which means we're pretty much all his test subjects now.

And then there's my friends, two of them I've known since pretty much the beginning of time... or at least kindergarten. One of them I just met a few months ago but it feels like I've known her forever. We do everything friends do, we drink too much iced coffee, watch bad 90's movies and hangout at Waffle House dreaming of college and gorging on carbs."


Yerim marked "208 days until graduation" on the chalkboard by her bed before slipping her pants on, struggling to get into them on her way to her laptop.

"So, like I said. I'm just like you. I have a totally perfectly normal life. Except I have one huge secret."


She rolled around on her desk chair a few times before making it to her window that looked down on the street, spotting a few girls walking on the side walk with smiles on their faces. She had gotten lost in thought, staring at them walking by before a knock at her door startled her. Her mother had flung her door open and Yerim flew to her desk, not caring that she could have fallen.

"Hey! Sorry didn't realize you were ing," Hyuna joked, sending a casual wink towards her daughter. Yerim let out a small, fake laugh "Yeah, very funny." Her mother laughed once again before turning her attention towards the stairs, "Your brother's downstairs making some ladida pancake things he saw on Top Chef, so we should probably go down there and go eat that." "Great! I'll be down in just a second," Her eyes moved towards her laptop screen that had her Tumblr open, attempting to hide that she had almost gotten caught staring at some random girls she would never see again.

"Right after you finish searching for shirtless pictures of Zoomin." Yerim nervously- but heartily- laughed at her mothers attempt of saying CBX's 3rd members name, still trying to recover from the heart attack her mother gave her just moments ago. "It's Xuimin, mom." Hyuna smirked back her, grabbing the door to close it like it had been before, adding: "Yeah, right. Didn't realize he was your boyfriend. Finish up and come down" before fully closing the door to reveal a poster of the Wonder Girls from the "Why So Lonely" Era.

 

"You got me!" Yerim laughed gently, knowing her mother was long gone by the time those words left .