Episode 1: I thought You Loved a Man

Suddently Notice You

Episode 1: I though you loved a man

In the library, a short hair girl was asleep on the table while she was reading a book. Suddenly, a tall man popped up, sitting next to her with a smile.

Turning to him, she opened her eyes surprisingly when she saw who that was.

Kang Yuchan, her crush’s friend in the soccer team. How come he was here?

“Why are you here?” she shocked, having hesitant speech.

Ignoring her, he came closer and closer to her; thus, their eyes met and their lips were about to kiss.

“I like you at the first sight.” He said

“………….” Unknowingly, she accepted his gentle kiss.

“Soeun!! Do you hear me?” a scream suddenly interrupted her.

The short hair girl woke up again and found herself sleeping on the table with her saliva on the book she had been reading.

What? Did she dream about kiss scene with the guy?

She shook her eyes and turned around to find the guy, but she found no one beside, Hong Euijin who was standing and watching her with a shooting glare.

Of course, Euijin had been her best friend since they were in elementary school. They both shared the same interest and also crush. Euijin was the one who influenced Soeun to have a crush on Lee Junyoung, a popular guy at their college too for talking so much about him.

Soeun lived her life separately from the man, thus she had too small chance to like someone. That was why when Euijin kept talking about her interest toward Lee Junyoung, it made her like him too.

Considering about liking Junyoung, but why did she have a daydream to kiss with his friend instead? What happened?

Was it because something happened in this morning?

That man’s smile kept repeating in her mind though.

“Were you sleeping? You said you would do research about composer xxx and you were sleeping here..” the best friend blamed her.

Now, Soeun had no mood to sense her friend’s blame, instead she was imagining the man’s lip who was about to touch her.

Awaking again, she suddenly messed her hair and slapped her forehead.

“What should I do, Euijin ah?” she raised her face to the taller girl with a couple of teary eyes.

“What’s matter?” she asked curiously.

“I think I fall in love with someone else.”

“WHAT?”

 

Flashback to the morning

“UNB is competing the soccer game with the XXX University on Olympic event. Now they are practicing almost every day. We need to go and cheer up our Junyoung. ” Euijin put happy expression on her face, smiling till Soeun could see her wrinkle.

“Why are you supporting only Junyoung? Lee Euijin, your male best friend is there too.” Soeun .

Of course, Euijin also had a best friend who shared the same name with her too. He is Lee Euijin, and they had been neighbor since they were kids.

Thanks to Lee Euijin’s friendship with Junyoung, so girls could stay close and stalk her crush freely.

“Friend and crush are different.” Euijin frowned.

“Yes, you are happy with crush and when you are sad, you go to friend and let him wipe your tear.” Soeun pouted and walked away.

“Yah, Im Soeun!!” she screamed, running after her friend.

After they arrived at soccer areas, many fangirls of UNB were there already.

All members seemed to focus on their soccer practice; however, among them Junyoung was the most attractive one.

“Aw.. my Junyoung is playing hard. He is so good” Euijin jumped and clapped her hand happily.

“I only saw him shinning too..” smiled Soeun and she continued “Why don’t we go close to see him?”

“Good idea!” Euijin nodded and dragged her friend moved close to the game’s areas.

“Euijin oppa is so cool… wow he got one shot again..” some fangirls screamed crazily.

“Cool my -_- He is too short to let me see only my Junyoung” Euijin waved her head.

“Awwww… Hojung oppa is y too. Look, he starts taking off his shirt” the girls screamed more.

“ert! The sun is too hot today. How come he take off his shirt here? What a ert!” Soeun pouted.

In the two girls’ eyes, Junyoung was always right and the rest members were only his shadow.

While watching them play, Soeun slowly got annoyed with another young face guy who kept staying close to her crush. She remembered that Junyoung always brought that guy to everywhere he went, Kang Yuchan.

Sometimes, she thought they both were gay couple. But she couldn’t admit it.

She was pissed because Chan took all interest from Junyoung, and made less chance for her to show up in front of him.

“I really don’t like that young face guy. He always stays close to Junyoung. Are they gay together?” Soeun talked in the mad tone.

“WHAT? YOU SAID JUNYOUNG WAS GAY? NEVER! He’s a real man! Stop speaking carelessly!” Euijin quickly denied it like she never owed anyone’s money.

“I hope so. Wish them separate soon.” The girl cursed.

Suddenly, a flying ball came to her and hit her head immediately.

Soeun fell to the ground with her dizzy and painful head. She couldn’t handle to wake up by her own till someone grabbed her to stand up again.

“Are you okay? Do you feel dizzy? How are you feeling?” a guy voice came up and he was shaking her face.

Soeun found herself not able to look at him properly because her head hit badly by the ball; somehow, she heard Euijin’s voice screaming ask her if she was okay.

Slowly, her eyes could catch up with a guy who helped her to stand up at the moment.

Scanning around his face, he had a baby face with cute eyes, stick eyebrow kissable lip and especially, his face was smooth like a woman.

Wft did she see? The brown hair guy, Kang Yuchan!

Did she soak with his beauty at the moment? She never realized that he was that handsome.

“Who shot the ball here?” she avoided her daydream and asked directly.

She was so pissed with the player here.

“It’s my friend.. I’m sorry for him. Are you okay? I will take you to the restroom and let Dr. check you” Chan kept remaining to be gentle to her.

“No, I want to see that jerk’s face first.” She cursed and pushed him away.

“It’s me… Sorry.. I didn’t see you because you are too short. ” A grinning guy showed up with unbelievable speech.

Soeun almost cursed him if she didn’t see he was Junyoung.

How come this guy grinned like innocent kid when he hit her that badly?

He even called her short too.

She suddenly heard Hong Euijin’s giggle about Junyoung’s speech.

At that moment, Soeun believed that she couldn’t handle to be that jerk’s fan anymore…

“YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

“Stop being mad.. you have nosebleed!!” Euijin closed surprisingly.

“I have nosebleed?” Soeun put his finger on her nose and saw the blood.

“OMG… I’m dying soon!!!” and then she fell again.

“YAHHHHH IM SOEUN! ARE YOU DYING?”

A few minutes passed by, Soeun saw herself ride on a guy’s back and he was running toward to the restroom.

She noticed his red ear and brown hair, this was obvious that he was the first guy who came to help her.

“Where are you taking me to?” She asked even though she knew already where he was taking her to.

“To have checkup. Be sure you come back healthy..” said he.

His warm speech unexpectedly made her heart beat faster and faster.

WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?

………………

Back to the present

“Am I falling in love with him?” Soeun murmured alone when she was watching the guy she mentioned at the back.

Chan was playing ball with Jun again.

Strangely, Soeun changed her target to notice Chan instead of her long term crush, Jun. She already blacklisted that guy in her death note already.

Once her novel was published, she would make the guy named Jun died in her story.

Normally, Soeun was a quiet girl toward a man. Therefore, when she had a crush on someone, she didn’t know what to do besides, watching him secretly.

All his activities were in her scan, her heart almost boom when she looked at him more and more.

“Why I never notice him before? He is so perfect. Plus he is unpopular unlike that Junyoung guy, so only me watch him… Is he mine? ” She suddenly murmured alone.

“Hey.. I am annoyed with Junyoung now. Why is he always so close to Chan?”

Soeun may forget the fact she used to hate seeing Chan around Junyoung. However, today she felt annoyed to see Junyoung staying around her Chan.

Her curiosity grew more. What if they are gays?

……………

This was the first crush that she was serious toward a man, yet she never told Euijin like she did to her. Soeun decided to go through this kind of emotion alone.

Euijin and she were a part of Music Composer Club; their roles were to do research about music because they were just junior and had less chance to challenge song compose with seniors. Her basic skill is story writing which lead a beautiful song compose.

Surprisingly, Soeun just realized that Chan was her senior on the same club and she had never noticed him before. Since she started stalking him, she saw his everything.

Sometimes, she went to the library together. They stood between bookcases or sat at different table. She was the one whom always stared at him first, then releasing a smile after that.

Every time she saw him working so hard, she left a can of Pepsi on his table with a note ‘Drink Pepsi, be happy’

Even though Chan didn’t know who give him that, he accepted that drink.

On the raining day, most of students were busy trying to leave the building in a hurry. Soeun just stood still and watched the rain.

Immediately, she saw Chan and Jun were coming to stand next to her too. She got her back cold, getting awkward moment.

Slowly, she peeked them, seeing Jun was gently wiping water on her crush’s face.

What the…. O_O

Are they meant to be?

She suddenly felt helpless. She wanted to kick Jun to the sky to live with Kim Soohyun there. How dared he touch her Chan’s lovely face?

She gritted, holding her dress tightly to calm down her mind.

“So you agreed with professor to compose that song concept?” Jun asked about their work.

Soeun moved her ear close, hearing them.

Chan nodded and talked “It’s interesting. I never composed such a sad song. I want to challenge myself for this competition”

So he planned to enter the music competition of their college? Soeun concluded.

“How do you plan to make it?” asked his friend.

“I think I should write a short story first to collect ideas for lyric.” He answered.

“A man or a woman’s story?”

“I want to challenge a woman’s story.”

“Aw.. Who gonna be a singer? I can’t sing a woman song” his friend teased.

Chan had a small giggle and waved his head “Not you, I planned to make Feeldog hyung sing it hahaha..”

“What? A guy sings a woman song? Stop bullying him. It’s weird.” Jun kept laughing.

And they both went on to their way, leaving a continuous conversation to Soeun’s ear.

“Will you be working at the club research room?”

“Yes, from tomorrow. I will be working at night.” said Chan.

Now Soeun had an idea.

……………

Next morning

Soeun and Euijin walked toward their student locket to keep their staff before entering the class. As soon as they arrived, the short hair girl found a sticker note with a lollipop candy stuck on her locket.

“Who give you this?” Euijin who noticed first, asking her friend.

“Candy?” Soeun took out things to look.

In the note, it was written ‘Have a good day my girl.’

“Oh hoooo… so you have secret admirer already?” Euijin teased, rolling her eyes around happily.

“Crazy.. I’m currently not interested in this” the girl pouted and removed the candy before putting in .

“I do hate to keep stranger’s thing. I will eat it all” And she left a note on her locket for the sender.

If someone passed by and noticed that note, he or she would see a sentence ‘Crazy, who is your girl?’

After she left, someone who had been hidden, started smiling at her back.

……………..

It had been many hours already that Soeun and Euijin spent their time on research project. The sky was going to dark and many students left department already.

Euijin started preparing her staff in the bag and stood up to wait for her friend.

“You can go first, I want to stay here a bit more” she raised her head and told her friend.

“Why? It’s getting dark already.” Euijin looked worrying about her friend.

“That’s okay. I want to complete my work a bit more. You should get rest. You have an interview on tomorrow..”

“Oh, okay. Be careful when you go out.” Euijin nodded and walked out the room.

Soeun waved her body and went on quickly doing her work.

30 minutes later, her work was completely done. She put all her thing in the bag, walking toward the door and turning off the light.

It was already 9 pm, there were no more people here.

She passed by the library room and still saw the light up there. Quietly, she went in to look for somebody.

There was a man whom was sleeping on the table with many papers on his table and his laptop was still turning on.

It was Chan.

She almost forgot that he was still working here for music competition.

She took a quiet sit next him and put her face on both of her palms to watch how he was sleeping.

Scanning around his face, she couldn’t deny his cute beauty. It must be such a waste if he involved romance with Jun. She would be broken heart though.

Sighing, she unexpectedly wanted to see his work and what kind of lyric he was writing.

She moved his mouse and looked at the light up laptop.

Chan hadn’t written any lyrics yet, but it was a short story.

The title of the story was “Crush” and the story writing was only two sentences.

She couldn’t handle her giggle. He just wrote a story for two sentences and now he was sleeping already?

Poor thing! What could she help him?

She moved his laptop to her side and started writing something there.

An hour of short story writing, Soeun finally completed it. She turned back to Chan and found he was still sleeping.

“Perhaps he is too tired. Good, you should rest well.” She smiled at him and then she took her leave quietly.

…………..

Next day

Soeun still received a note on her locket. This time, she was sure that the sender wrote her on purpose.

‘Do you want to be Cinderella? I can make you a princess. Sadly, the man in your heart isn’t me.’

“Do I get a stalker?” her mood was ruined after getting flirting letter from a man.

And she left a reply there

‘If you are brave enough, just show up in front of me. Don’t try to fool around.’

 

This morning Euijin had her first interview; thus, she couldn’t accompany her in library once. Soeun suddenly noticed the familiar footsteps while she was reading the book.

She turned back, seeing Chan and Jun were finding the books together near her areas.

Her heart almost boomed again. She found her breathe not able to go well when they were close to each other.

Noticing her guess, she realized she could know Chan’s footstep even though he was so far away.

What the heck…! So she fell for him that bad? She even knew his footstep.

“You completed a story for a night. You must have not been sleeping all night. ” Jun spoke softly to his friend.

Soeun moved her ear close again to hear their conversation.

Chan giggled and waved his head

“I think miracle happened to me last night. I slept all night and didn’t do any work. Yet when I woke up, the story was already completed. ”

“Seriously? Did the library ghost do it for you?” Jun’s question got Soeun a small laugh.

She tried to hold her laugh, but it was too difficult.

What a question! Can a ghost write a story too?

“I don’t know. But the story setting was so good. It encourages me to write a good lyric song.”

“Really? Are you sure you not write it yourself when you sleep?”

“No, it wasn’t my style. The writer was much better than me. The writing looks so girly and professional.”

“Oop.. so maybe a ghost..!” Jun opened his mouth.

Chan laughed and walked away.

“A ghost?” Soeun smiled again.

………

A week passed by

Soeun peeked Chan doing his work till late night. She sought all his work process and understood all steps. She even supported him by leaving drinks on his table or edited his work when he was sleeping.

Chan felt like he was accompanied by a professional ghost. Sometimes he founded his uncompleted work finish and some snack around his table. However, he never did anything or tried to discover what happened.

What surprised him the most was most of s got punished immediately after teasing or bullying him. For example, Feeldog forced him to skip music class and made professor blamed on him. After that, he founded Feeldog was locked in the toilet for hours.

Jun slapped his head when they played soccer and lost a shot. Immediately, Chan saw Jun fell to water pipe. It seemed like the cover was opened by someone.

Hojung screamed at Chan when he didn’t play soccer well. Then, his head was thrown the bottle to.

Now everyone believed that they were cursed.

……….

“I should stay away from you. You are such a curse. People around you are getting unfortunate” said Jun, waving his head when Chan was about to walk toward him.

His sentences got the guy laugh, thinking if it was too impossible.

“If you don’t tease me, I believe the ghost will forgive what you do.” His friend laughed.

“I hope so. -_-; You are so scary..” the tall man murmured.

Their conversation was heard by Soeun whom was sitting and eating snack next the garbage can.

“If you don’t bully my Chan, you must be safe..” she giggled softly.

Of course, she was the one who secretly revenged for Chan.

“By the way how is your song processing?” asked Jun.

“I already submitted it to professor. But he wants me to record sample for him. I am asking Feeldog hyung to make a sample for me. It seems like he couldn’t reach high note.”

“Why don’t you try by yourself?” Jun suggested.

“No, I am not in mood. This song should sound emotional.. How about you try once for me?”

“Record for sample? I’m not sure to singe a woman song. Should I ask Yebin for a help? ” Jun recommended.

Yebin was Jun’s girlfriend. She was the star of the university. She studied art and music and she was good at singing. This was why many women felt helpless even though they had a crush on him.

His girlfriend was too shinning to let the other girls become shadow.

This was also the reason, Hong Euijin never showed up in front of him too. She couldn’t beat his current girlfriend.

“I saw she was busy these days. What if we interrupt her work?”

“Don’t worry. Let try to talk with her first!”

Then they left..

“Record Sample?” Soeun rolled her eyes, and she popped up another ideas.

………

Euijin’s house

“Euijin, Can you try more?” She collected a few papers of Chan’s song and came to sit next to her friend.

“Yah, Soeun I can’t reach that note. I tried many times already.” Euijin frowned for getting bored because of her friend already.

She unexpectedly came to her house and let her sing that song. The lyric was so interesting but Euijin felt helpless to sing it because of her vocal level.

“That’s why you never beat Yebin. She can sing every kind of song; yet you don’t.” Soeun pouted and took back the papers.

“Yah, stop mentioning those sentences again. If you are that strong, you should sing yourself. Don’t ruin my mood.” Euijin’s anger boomed as she kicked Soeun out of her room and closed the door loudly.

What she hated the most was to compare her with Junyoung’s girlfriend.

She was a loser already.

Soeun glared at door and bit her lower lip.

How dare that girl throw her out?

Wtf…

………….

Now she could ask no one for help; thus, she decided to try by herself. Honestly, she was a better vocalist than Euijin. Just she felt shy to sing his song.

~ If you hesitate, hey, I might go crazy
Your sad face and my heart keep going woo baby

My heart gets impatient, time please stop
Please stop for tonight ~

She tried many times to record that part and put more emotion there. The song seemed to fit her so much because it was the story she wrote; moreover, the setting was her feeling toward Chan.

The story descripted about a woman who had a crush on someone. However, she was too innocent to involve with love. It was her first love in her 20s. She always wants time to stop for them when she was together with him. Her heart almost died every time she saw him.

Chan really wrote the lyric fitting to what was in her mind; such a talent composer.

………….

In the early morning, Chan founded unknown message from his social media account. He checked the user information, but it showed nothing about that person.

What surprised him was that person sends him his song record.

umm (curfew curfew) uh woo (curfew curfew) umm

When this time comes, my heart starts to pound
When I’m with you, it gets even worse
Now I’m in my twenties too and there’s so much I want to do
They say I’m still too young, that the world is scary
(huh.. not again) When I’m all grown up now

My phone has already started to ring off the hook
I’m right in front of the house, I’ll go home soon
I want to stay by your side a little longer
My heart is with you
If you hesitate, hey, I might go crazy
Your sad face and my heart keep going woo baby

My heart gets impatient, time please stop
Please stop for tonight
Time goes 1, 2, 3 & 4, passing without a care
Running towards midnight, time please stop

curfew)

I know that I’m still young
That I just want the attention and love (I know)
But I’m a girl who knows what’s out there
There’s so much I want to do in this world

(oh baby) don’t put on that sad face
(somebody) will someone stop the time?

My phone has been ringing for several days now
Baby I’m sorry, I’m going home now
I don’t want to let go of your hand
I’m getting mad for no reason
If you hesitate, hey, I might go crazy
Your sad face and my heart keep going woo baby

……………..

All day, he kept playing that song in his earphone. It wasn’t a sample record for professor anymore, yet it felt like the audio that he wanted.

He really wanted to see that singer. Plus, he was also curious why that person knew his song. Somehow, he was sure; this voice wasn’t Yebin’s.

The singer here sounded powerful and emotional; whereas, Yebin had sweet voice.

Who was that girl?

…………..

Soeun didn’t come to study for a few days because she had a cold. It caused from all night song practice, getting her sore throat.

As soon as she came back, she saw several notes on her student locket. They were all from the stalker who kept sending her message.

[Why are you not at school? I miss your lovely smile]

[I’m still waiting for you to return…]

[Without you a day, I felt like waiting for a year]

[I heard you were sick. Get well soon, my princess]

“What’s the heck with that stalker? Is this for real?” Soeun opened his mouth, frowning

She had no idea who he was. However, she couldn’t live that way anymore. She hated the feeling of being stalked. She needed to do something to that man.

Then she left a reply on the note ‘Why don’t we meet up? Confess me straight toward. I will consider you... .’

And then she went to class. She copied lesson she missed from Euijin and came back to keep her books in the locket.

Slowly, she noticed a reply on the note ‘Are you serious? I am really coming…’

And she wrote ‘Just come. Show up tomorrow evening if you are that brave. Stop stalking or peeking anymore. Be a real man to face me’

She thought if he really came, she would give him a huge lesson for stalking her.

Wait and see…

……………….

It was another raining evening again. Soeun was standing in front of the building, and waiting for Euijin whom promised to give her a ride.

Unexpectedly, she saw a surprising scene in front of her.

Jun was standing in the rain with his body got deeply wet. His poker face looked so sad and his eyes were red like he was deeply broken heart.

Chan held umbrella and walked toward him. He gave his friend worrying eyes and covered umbrella together.

“I broke up with Yebin. I feel so helpless.” said Jun.

“You look good together, why did you break up with her?” asked Chan.

“I can’t go on together with her anymore. I feel that this heart isn’t with her like it used to be. It’s hard to pretend and maintain our relationship.”

“So why?”

Glaring at his friend, Jun finally spoke up what in his mind “I think I fall in love with someone else and that person is someone I have known for ages.”

“Stay strong…” Chan hit his shoulder

“I hate seeing her cried. I had no idea to make up thing for her..” And then Jun hugged Chan tightly.

Under umbrella and heavy rain, the two men hugged each other in front of the short hair girl.

Soeun had a deep stare at them till dropping all books in her hand.

So Jun was taking her Chan away?

……………

At that night, she cried hard. She couldn’t sleep and her mind kept repeating that scene.

Chan and Jun were together… She couldn’t accept this fact.. She couldn’t be against Jun because he was taller than her.

She also felt sorry for Euijin too. She must be sad if she found out that their crushes loved each other.

………

Next day

Soeun walked like a dead person because she was so broken heart. Even Euijin tried to talk to her; she refused to talk to her. She didn’t want her friend to be broken heart like her too.

After the class ended, she walked toward the locket to keep her study document. Yet she noticed a note left by the stalker.

‘5:30 PM I will come to meet you there..’

She looked at her watch and realized it was already 5:30PM.

She almost forgot what she promised with the stalker because of her broken heart. Now she had no mood to meet anyone and no idea to struggle with him.

She felt weak all her body. Therefore, she decided to leave; yet, it seemed too late for this decision.

Another man shadow showed up when the sun lighted up in her eyes. She couldn’t see his face clearly; just saw his white t-shirt and blue jeans.

“Nice to see you…” he walked closer and handed her a flower.

When she could see him properly and fully, her jaw dropped for getting too surprised. She never expected this.

Chan was smiling in front of her.

“You are..?” she got shock and speechless at the same time.

“Stalker? I heard you called me stalker. I’m sorry for being coward to face you. I should have come to you and introduce myself so long ago..”

“Eh??” now she was fully curious.

So he has a crush on her?

Wait.. he accepted Jun’s love last night!

“Don’t you love a man?” her question got back his surprise.

Chan opened his eyes bigly and unexpected to hear this question.

Then he started laughing

“I thought your first question could be… since when you like me? Why it became I love a man?” he kept laughing while he was speaking.

“………..” She was silent, looking at him.

“No, I don’t. I like woman..”

“But I saw you accepted Jun’s love last night..” her respond got him laughter

“Are you serious? I just comforted him when he was sad. We are just friend..” even if the question was unpredictable, he remained calming and telling her gently.

“Oh, I thought you love a man..” she breathed relief

“…………….” He kept smiling..

Now she felt awkward to face to face.

Why suddenly he came to confess her? She wasn’t getting used to though. She was used to see his back instead of his face.

To break awkward moment, Chan decided to speak first.

“Do you want to go out with me?”

“……………” she gulped.

Was she dreaming? He was asking her out. It was so unreal.

Then she slapped her face and yelled when it hurt.

“Yahhhhhhhhhhhh……”

“What did you just do? O.o” asked Chan.

“I just want to know if it’s a dream..”

“No, not a dream.” He laughed.

“So why do you ask me out?”

“Because I am falling for you..”

“Falling for me? O.o since when?”

“Longer than you fall for me…”

“Huh? You know I fall for you?” She immediately shocked.

It was shocked news of the year.

“I don’t want to know either but it was too obvious.. ” he kept giggling

“Tell me about it. What is obvious? O,o”

“Say yes first. I will tell you later…”

“Oh…”

“Emm…?”

“If you already know what is in my mind, why are you still bothering to ask? ._.” she shook her hair.

Chan slowly moved his hand to hold hers with a smile. Then he dragged her in to his embrace.

“Let’s say it’s our first date today…”

 

Wait for final episode next week.