Contented

Little Love OneshotCollection

Seulgi’s favorite pencil was still used until now. It really has a great quality, every drawing she made turns into something eye-catching, eye-catching? Do you mean, the subject of her drawings? Yes. It is.

Her name is Kim Yerim or also known as Yeri, Seulgi’s favorite subject. Yerim might not know who sends her some beautiful drawing of her face but Seulgi doesn’t mind that, as long as she can see the girl smiling at her drawings, she’s happy with it.

Seulgi first saw Yeri when she was running with a big bag on her back, trying to avoid the rain. Seulgi finds it cute on how the small girl looked so cool running with a big bag. On that rainy day, she drew her.

Seulgi would always notice her presence in school and Seulgi would secretly look at her and study her face. That way, Seulgi was able to remember and draw her face. Seulgi spent all night drawing her face in her new sketchbook; the sketchbook which is full of Yeri's face.

Seulgi still doesn't know her name. They were not classmates nor friends and also she felt shy going to the girl to introduce her name and be friends with her and because Seulgi doesn't know her name, she just named her "Backbag girl in the rain" under her portraits but it didn;t last long when Seulgi sometimes noticed that her friend, Wendy is also with the girl sometimes. Because of Seulgi's curiosity, Wendy told her everything.

Seulgi knew her name because her friend, Wendy is also a friend of the said girl. Wendy would talk about how funny and cute Yeri is when they are together and Seulgi enjoyed every single detail of the story. Wendy wanted to Seulgi to meet Yeri but Seulgi rejected and gave some lame excuses to Wendy like she’s busy with her art projects. That’s Seulgi’s favorite excuse. Seulgi doesn’t know why she doesn’t want to get closer to Yeri because just by seeing Yeri from a far made her smile and she’s contented with it.

 

Yeri received a lot of portraits of her face inserted in her locker with an unknown sender. She is eager to know the sender because she finds it kind a creepy that someone gave her a portrait of her face especially the first one when she was running with a big bag on her back and also because she likes how her face were drawn.

Yeri was tired of waiting for a report from Wendy. Yeri asked Wendy to check whoever inserts something in her locker and Wendy agreed.

Yeri was resting at the rooftop; lying staring at a blank space and drank two tetra packs of juices. At some reason, she’s confused at why every time she received a drawing from the unknown sender, her heart skips and thought of one person who could do that. Seulgi.

Yeri heard a lot from Wendy about Seulgi and even though she hasn’t met Seulgi yet, she was amazed at how talented Seulgi is. She’s good at almost everything and Yeri wanted to meet her someday. She wanted to write a song for Seulgi to sing. She wanted to see her face.

“It was Seulgi.” Wendy was panting while reporting to Yeri. She must have run very fast to reach the rooftop as soon as possible.

Yeri doesn’t know how to react, she was confused. Should she be happy?

“Oh.” Yeri shortly replied.

 

Next day, when Yeri was going out from her room, she noticed a figure standing in front of her locker, she hid and take a peek. Yeri could only see the back view of the girl. The girl then left.

Yeri approach to her locker and see another portrait of her.

“That must be Seulgi.” She said softly as she looked at the drawing.

 

Wendy who knew about Seulgi’s secret just kept quiet and just finding some ways for Seulgi to meet Yeri but Seulgi would refuse. Wendy also asked Yeri to meet Seulgi but to her surprise, Yeri also refuse. Wendy doesn’t know why the two doesn’t want to meet each other even though she knows that they wanted to see each other.

Wendy sends a message to Seulgi and Yeri, telling them to have a dinner with her at her favorite BBQ place but only Yeri came. Wendy was sad and disappointed that Seulgi didn’t come due to her busy schedule.

“The barbeque here is delicious, right?” Wendy asked Yeri.

Yeri nodded as she continued to eat her barbeque. Wendy just looked at Yeri who is not yet done eating. Yeri stopped and look at Wendy and get something from her bag, “By the way, can you give this to Seulgi when you meet her.” Yeri handed a paper to Wendy.

Wendy received a portrait of Yeri from Yeri. She was confused why Yeri gave it to her. She looked at Yeri with questioning face.

“I’ve written a song at the back. Tell her to sing and record it for me to hear.” Yeri smiled.

“Why don’t you just give it to her personally? In that way, you will be able to meet and see her face.” Wendy replied.

Yeri nodded and agreed, “But... I’m contented by just receiving a portrait of me and hearing her voice.” Yeri replied.

 

NEXT DAY...

Seulgi finished recording the song Yeri wrote, Wendy applause to Seulgi’s great performance. They made a CD for the song and give it to Yeri.

“Wendy, kindly give it to her.” Seulgi said while handling the CD to Wendy.

Wendy received the CD and said, “Am I some mailman here?”

Seulgi chuckled and shook her head, “It’s not like that.”

“Then give it to her instead.” Wendy replied.

Seulgi shook her head, “I’m contented just by seeing her from a far and seeing her smile to my portraits.” Seulgi smiled.

Wendy sadly said, “But... she hasn’t seen your face.”

Seulgi laugh, “Look at the cover.” She pointed the CD for Wendy to notice.

Wendy looked at the cover and saw a portrait of Seulgi on the CD. Wendy was about to laugh about not noticing it in the first place but she was amazed of the cover.

“I designed it.” Seulgi said and smiled.

 

 

 

THE BEAUTIFUL POSTER WAS MADE FROM: