Epilogue

The Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I saw Junhoe smiling at his iPad as he was lounging at the poolside. The weather was nice—not too sunny, with a few clouds up, and yet we decided to stay home today. These past few months, we did what we weren’t able to do before—meet his friends (they were the funniest bunch of adult-children and I saw a side of Junhoe I never saw before—the guy who knew how to let loose and have fun,) set up our social media accounts (though we still barely post anything and our only followers are our group of friends), and go out on dates (from just a casual stroll at the park, to a fun day at the amusement park, to just eating out on various restaurants.) We’ve been out almost every day that it was a relief that we were able to just relax and just enjoy each other’s presence.

 

“Hey, what are you looking at?” I said as I tried to grab his attention. He immediately kept the iPad on his back.

 

“Nothing.” He responded almost immediately. He flashed me his cheeky smile before he excused himself to get something to drink, claiming that he was thirsty.

 

His actions got me thinking that he had something to hide. He knew how much I hated being kept in the dark after what had happened, so my curiosity got the best of me. I grabbed his iPad and unlocked it by typing “0211” (my birthday.)

 

To my surprise, a video of him flashed on the screen. He was by the poolside and judging from what he was wearing today, I was sure that he made this video just a few moments before I arrived from my mom’s apartment. 

 

I hit play and put al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter