Is this love?

Teach me how to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coming from a family of old money, everyone would think they have it all. Everything was at their finger tips, dining the finest cuisine with golden spoons. And the world around them dazzles with diamonds and gold. Wearing the finest clothing, fingers and necks decorated by the most expensive diamonds and gold. Something that the poor would only dream of, and would try anything to get it. But of course to Chanyeol all that was just a lie to cover the loneliness of one. Coming from an old money family, Chanyeol did have everything he wanted but there was one thing that no matter how many times he tried. He would never get it, the love of parents, or love itself. He grew up being raised by the old grandma. She always read Chanyeol fairy tale of love, beautiful, pure, eternal love. And the boy was enchanted by such idea of pure love. He wonders how would it feel like, would it feel like his soft mattress, would it feel fluffy like his teddy bear? Or would it taste sweet. Oh, Chanyeol wouldn't wait to find someone to love and experience it himself. 

It turns out, love was nothing like that. Love was bitter, like the coffee he would drink in the mornings when he has to go to college. Chanyeol fell in love with Byun Baekhyun. A beautiful man, with a petite body that can fit just right with Chanyeol's, cat like eyes, and voice of an angel. Chanyeol loved him very much, he was willing to offer the world to Baekhyun, but the said male love Jongdae, and the man was nothing like Chanyeol. Even if they didn't have as much money as Chanyeol, they had something else. Something that Chanyeol was envious of, craved for, and yearned for. They had pure love for each other, their eyes twinkles like the stars when they see each other. Baekhyun would become more docile and gifts Jongdae a smile that Chanyeol knows he would never receive. And Jongdae would calm down in the presence of Baekhyun, they would embrace each other, share kisses, and Chanyeol would think. No matter how cruel the world is, their love would never be broken. And Chanyeol was envious of such thing. 

Chanyeol had everything for him, beautiful women or men. But he desired none of them, they would want him for profit and for fame. Chanyeol doesn't want such thing, sometimes he wonders, he dreams, of what would have been like if he grew up in a middle classed family, would his parents love him in a way they never did. Would he be able to have pure love instead of artificial love? Oh how he would only dream about such things. 

Chanyeol was at a cafe one day when he met the most beautiful human ever. The boy had red puffy eyes, like they had been crying and he probably was. He was crying outside on the bench, and the boy was wearing too thin clothing for weather like this. A plain baby blue hoodie covered his hands as he uses them to wipe his nose, and the slight shiver from the boy, Chanyeol just had to approach him. Chanyeol may have been an elite but he was not cold hearted like most people who would ignore the boy. 

He took off his dark coat and places it gently around the boy's shoulder. It makes the latter jump in surprise, his wide eyes meeting Chanyeol's eyes. And Chanyeol would ever lie, he was in love. This most be what they say about first sight love. Because Chanyeol was enamored by the latter's feature. Porcelain skin, plump lips, wide eyes even if they are bit puffy and red, and the dark hair looks like the finest silk from China. Something that Chanyeol would love to caress and play with. "You....you look cold..." Chanyeol mumbles softly, handing the boy his hot chocolate who still looked at him with wide eyes. The male blinks few times before he seems like he had registered what Chanyeol had said, he shakes his head trying to hand Chanyeol his coat back. "T-Thank y-you-! I-I will be ok-" He stammers and boy did Chanyeol falls deeper into the hole of love. It was honey like, so sweet to the ears. Chanyeol shakes his head gesturing for the petite male to wear to which the boy denies again telling him he was dirty and Chanyeol sees the dirty jeans , It makes Chanyeol frown at such sight. "No please, I insist." Chanyeol says with a gentle smile to which the boy finally gives in, wearing the coat that is so much bigger than himself. It makes him look smaller than he already was, and boy was he so adorable. Chanyeol just wants to hug him and kiss away the sadness in the boy's eyes. 

Giving his hot chocolate to the boy, he was quicker to accept. The latter holds the cup close to him, trying to warm his small hands with the heat coming from cup. "Why.....why are you out here with so little clothing?" Chanyeol finally asks the boy, who immediately starts to tear up before he spills everything to Chanyeol. The boy, Kyungsoo 20 years old, got kicked out of his parents home for liking men, even if the male was a carrier. Apparently his parents follows religion closely and they didn't accept such thing as liking the same gender. Even though they tolerated him being a carrier, now "I don't have anywhere to go! I'm scared! I have no where to return to!" Kyungsoo cries and Chanyeol didn't need someone to tell him to not hug the boy closely to him. 

After the boy had calmed down, he refused to let go of the small body that he hugged closely, and Kyungsoo accepted his warmth. "If....if you want..." Chanyeol swallows nervously as the latter turns his head up to look him "You...you can live with me...i-if you want- I-I am not a killer or a ert-! I-I just want to help you-!" Chanyeol quickly adds realizing what he had just offered and he didn't want to be seen as one of those gross erts that goes around picking up easy targets to . Kyungsoo stares at Chanyeol, it almost unnerves him before the boy let's out a soft giggle with tears. "T-thank you! Thank you!" He cries burying his face against Chanyeol's chest, it has been a while since he had felt this kind of warmth. It had been week since his parents had kicked him out and he had spend all that he had left, but he was still cold and vulnerable. All friends.......Kyungsoo didn't wanted to burden them that's why he would only smile and stay away. And something about Chanyeol, makes him want to stay with the giant, it makes him want to know the other, it almost makes him want to make the hint of sadness that he carried in his eyes since Kyungsoo first saw him. 

Of course, taking Kyungsoo doesn't always mean it was safe. Chanyeol had asked his butler to check the boy's background and sources while the said male was curled up besides in the car sleeping peacefully. And everything matches Kyungsoo's story, Chanyeol smiles at such lucky thing, but he was also mad. Mad at Kyungsoo's parents. How can do this, they can't change the fate of the boy, he was a carrier and it was only natural for him to love differently. Damn religion itself, why would it make such ridiculous claim that it's only ok to love one gender. Clearly it was not how it works. The male carrier exists for a reason, if god was so merciful, what was wrong with loving the same gender honestly? Chanyeol grits his teeth slightly in anger, but when he felt the boy stirred in his sleep, Chanyeol felt worry set in instead and the anger was washed away. Kyungsoo hugs himself, he didn't want to say he was hungry enough that his body hurts but Chanyeol saw clearly through it. And he makes sure Kyungsoo had the biggest feast that night and clean him real good. Letting the boy warm one of his big shirts like a dress, something Chanyeol had noticed that the boy quite liked that. Even going as far as letting the boy sleep with him because he had fear of the dark and there was no night light in the room that Chanyeol had offered. Is this love? Because Chanyeol feels like his heart is going to pop out of his chest when Kyungsoo snuggles closer into his chest. 

"Don't you go to university?" Chanyeol asks Kyungsoo the next day. Kyungsoo fiddles with the hem of the shirt that Chanyeol had let him borrow before shaking his head. "And why is that....?" Chanyeol questions frowning when the boy looks at him nervously. "I....I just don't like studying..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter