Chapter II: HAUNTED

Saudade

Chapter 2
     The Haunted Memories

Jennie

 
"Jennie unnie,  you're coming to the welcome party for our new classmates,  right? " Chaeyoung asked her right after the class got dismissed. She forgot that there would be a party that was usually thrown for new classmates every sem or year.  But even so, Jennie would not attend. She needed to retrieve her things + her keys from Namjoon. The older guy can't leave his office because a singer was scheduled to record today.  And being one of the producers of the company, he had to be there. 

Jennie looked up at Chaeyoung's expecting eyes.  "I'm sorry,  Chaeyoung-ah. I have to go and meet Joon oppa.  I have to get my keys."

The younger girl pouted and said,  "Unnie, it will only take a few minutes.  Come to Sunshine Bar after. Okay? Or else you know Jisoo unnie will get mad. And will do crazy stuffs again."

Jennie was reminded of what Jisoo told her yesterday if she skips this party, too like she did last time. She was also reminded of what Jisoo did and made her pay for it by telling the guy from Business Department Jen wanted to go out with him. God knows Jennie had a hard time explaining she wasn't interested and that she was not into guys lile him who's obsessed with woman's body. 

Despite already deciding to ditch it, she thought about it and nodded at Chaeng. If, of course, she'd be able to come back early. Without wasting anymore time,  and afraid that Jisoo will do something stupid again and feared it's worse this time,  she headed to Agust D Music Company. It took her half an hour to reach the place and waited at the lobby, texting Namjoon to inform him she had arrived. 

From: Joon Oppa
           I've told the staff to let you in.  Sorry.  Couldn't 
           go out to meet you.  My office is at 4th floor. 
           My assistant, Park Jimin will be there 

To: Joon Oppa
       Why can't he go to me instead?  :(

From: Joon Oppa
            He's crippled at the moment.  The poor guy had
            an accident. 

Being the soft hearted person, Jennie immediately stood up and walked to the guy who was guarding the entrance -- the one they had at the train stations.  She immediately introduced herself although she thought if I'd be of no use, but maybe upon the instruction from Namjoon,  the guy let her pass.  She hurriedly ran to the elevator to catch it when it was closing halfway, yelling wait.


Luck must be on her side he was able to get on.  

"Thanks," Jennie said to the guy who held the door open,  bowing. She did not see his face but Jennie could tell she's definitely tall.  She could even feel he's towering over her. But she pushed the thought away and was about to press the button with 4 written on it but was already on. 

Oh he must be working at Joon's office?  Or? 

When the elevator opened at 4th floor,  they both got off--Jennie first, followed by the tall guy.  She was about to enter a room with RM | SUGA written on it when the guy earlier tapped her shoulder . She turned to look and she found herself shocked at his visuals. At the same time he seemed familiar.  Jennie just can't pinpoint where he saw him.

"You. Are you following me?" the guy asked,  narrowing his eyes at her.  Jennie can't tell if he's serious or just messing with her. 

"No," Jennie answered almost immediately, eyebrows furrowed.  "I'm actuall--" the handsome guy raised a palm at her, to stop her from talking. 

He sighed, "Forget it.  Wah,  when will I ever get used to this really?" he said, more like to himself and Jennie caught on immediately and realized he must be a celebrity.

"Where's my manager when I need him the most?" he turned to Jennie whowas bewildered by his accusation.

"I'm sorry,  what? You must be getting the wrong idea.  I'm not following you.  I know a guy named Kim Nam--I mean RM--"

"Aha!  You're stuttering! My uncle told me it's a sign when someone's lying!" Mr.  Celebrity muttered and oddly, Jennie found him funny,  somewhat comical.  She's not sure whether it's his actions or just the way he talks. 

Is he new to entertainment world?  He seemed careless to be a top star,  though? 

"Yea,  yeah whatever you say.  I'm not really stalking nor following you.  I--"

"There you are,  V!  a man's voice called out and Jennie and the guy named V turned to the man who just camed out from an open room. "And who's that with you?"

Both Jennie and V said, "No one/A stalker!"

Jennie glared at the guy and so did V.  

"Jennie!" a familiar voice snapped the growing tension she and V were sending through their gazes. She turned to Namjoon. She was about to go near him to seek cover from the tall guy when she caught a glimpse of someone at the doorway that made her stop. 

She froze.  And so did her ghost boy. 



"Okay,  break's over.  Where is V-ssi?" Namjoon asked V's manager who came in a few minutes ago without the singer. They've been recording his songs for a few hours now since 8 in the morning cos apparently this singer V was just too perfectionist for a newbie.

Namjoon himself can't deny that the guy has great voice and wondered why he wasn't as popular as Jeon Jungkook yet.  He figured almost immediately that it could be that Jungkook was a former idol, a former member of once a popular group that made him more well known compared to his equally talented singer,  V.

On the other hand,  V had just been around for 2 years and although gaining popularity, it's mainly because of his great acting than his discography. And the passionate singer, real name Kim Taehyung, wanted to improve that. His passion was singing after all. 

So when V hadn't come back yet,  both Namjoon and his manager immediately looked for him.  Except Yoongi, of course. He couldn't careless.  He just wanted to do his job. 

Yoongi listened to the records to see if they were already good or made it to the cut, to his standard.  After all,  they do their job because they want to deliver better products. And it's his name, his brand. He didn't want to tarnish it by producing mediocre songs. 

"I'm sorry, RM-ssi. I'll go look for him now," the manager headed for the door and swang it open only a few seconds later he heard him say,  "There you are,  V! And who's that with you?"

"No one/A stalker!"

Namjoon heard the familiar female voice and he immediately thought if he was hearing it differently. 

"Jennie?" Namjoon asked himself, calculating the possibility. Could it be her?  Of course it's possible. She's here. 

Meanwhile, upon hearing the name his friend Namjoon just said, Yoongi stopped fidgeting and working on his computer. He wondered if he was just imagining it. 

Namjoon stood up to see for himself what's causing the commotion outside the studio because the manager left if open. He was right.  It was Jennie and she was standing beside V. 

"Jennie!"
 
Upon hearing his voice, the small girl turned to look at him and relief was written on her face when she saw him. She approached him and stopped midway. Kim Namjoon wondered why but then almost immediately he noticed Suga beside him, standing by the doorway, completely froze on his feet. 

For the first time,  he saw something unsual, totally different from his friend. To him it felt strange--the tension, the atmosphere. Finally Min Yoongi showed a different emotion. Longing...

Kim Namjoon, oblivious to the past of his friends mentally noted he will ask either Jennie or Yoongi about it later. But right now, they need to finish with V's recording. 

"Jen, did you get your keys from Jimin?" Namjoon asked his bewildered friend. 

"You know this girl,  RM?!" V asked.

Jennie,  coming to her senses,  looked at Namjoon and shook her head.  "Not yet. I was just about to."

When Jennie diverted his eyes to where Yoongi was standing earlier,  he was gone. He was however shocked as she was.  Yoongi was breathing hard,  heart beating fast. No way in hell. 

Namjoon nodded,  "Okay. Walk straight then turn right. You'll find Jimin right away. Sorry I should have brought it back to you." 

"No oppa.  It's okay." Jennie then turned to Namjoon again and smiled,  "I'll get it now.  Thanks oppa."

Jennie started walking,  still dumbfounded by seeing Yoongi, the guy he never thought she would. Not to soon,  she said to herself.  Jennie heard the V guy calling for her or something but she did not look back.  Instead she quickened her pace to get to Namjoon's office. 

She really wanted to get away fast. 

"Hey,  may I help you?" a guy with a bright expression on his face asked her when she reached RM's office.  He was sitting on a wheelchair. 

He must be Jimin. 

Jennie immediately introduced herself and the guy instantly recognized her name and handed her her keys and a coin purse. After saying thanks, she turned around and left. 

Thank God Namjoon and the others already went inside his studio so she peacefully got in the elevator without seeing or meeting Min Yoongi again.  Jennie was hit only with a realization when she was already outside of the company and the cold wind was hitting her bare skin. 

Jennie finally was able to breathe. She must have held it for too long to go blue. 

Min Yoongi was here. Min Yoongi saw her.  Min Yoongi did not leave. Min Yoongi's back. 

Jennie's phone vibrated.  It was a text from Jisoo. 

From: Jichu unnie
           If you don't get yo here I will freaking tell
           Kang Daniel you had a wet dream about him. 

To: Jichu unnie
       I'm on my way. 

This night calls for a drink or two,  Jennie thought.

 

--


 

Yow the 2nd chapter!! Okay it was a last minute change. V wasn't supposed to be one of the lead characters here but ideas kept popping in my head so yeah!!  Like this story I'm also in conflict whether Yoonnie or Taennie  I should go for lovely or more heart breaking 😏

Anyway I've decided I won't indent the paragraphs anymore since it basically ruins the style and spacing and I'm so mad. I will fix it later when I get to use my computer.

I just want to say thank you to the 11 subs!  Yall are too nice.  Mwa 💋 

Leave a comment if you can 💚❤