Merriest Christmas

I SAID, SHE SAID, THE BABY SAID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: MERRYCHRISTMAS CHINGUS! (^___^)

 

 

 

 

CHRISTMAS WITH THE LIUS

 

 

 

When I was young, Christmas with my family has always been spent traveling. We don’t spend Holidays at home because Mom said its very tiring to cook and well, she said “Its just the four of us.” Much easier to eat outside and celebrate the Christmas eve in a hotel with all the pampering included.

 

We always spend our Christmas Holiday in the U.S. and rarely in Seoul. Even New Years eve. Shopping with my sister, going to galleries, shopping again (my sister breathes shopping that she buys stuffs she doesn’t even need). Christmas eve dinner in a fine dining restaurant or at the hotel, ice skating at Central Park (with Jess’ always hitting the ice) or simply just admiring the Manhattan skyline. Those were my Christmas experiences that I grew up to.

 

The first time I spent Christmas with Amber’s family, the Lius… I was overwhelmed. Its not in some fancy hotel or fine dining restaurant. It was inside the comforts of their warm home in San Fernando Valley with a tall Christmas tree standing proudly in their spacious living room. A long banquet table was set up filled with food cooked by Amber’s Mom. Some were brought by her Aunts and Uncle, cousins who came from another US State just to celebrate the Holidays together. The whole house was full of life! Young and old having their separate groups and settle in their declared place talking and eating just having a good time. Some of her cousins were playing cards while some were talking about their job or school or their travels. Simple things in life that they encounter everyday.

 

The Lius are very warm people and very nice who values their privacy. Her family welcomed me with open arms and treated me with respect and like their own. It was the very first Christmas I spent that I felt normal, as Chrystal Soo Jung or Xiùjīng (秀晶) an ordinary girl who loves art and eating, admiring photographs and laughing over playing mahjong. Listening to funny stories about a neighbor’s cat or how Jackie was grounded by their Father for having an eyebrow piercing back in her teen age years. Or how scandalous it was for Amber when Jackie suddenly paraded her self to Amber with no care (its my house! No one cares!) while she was eating on the sofa.

 

It became my most awaited time of the year after my first time celebrating Christmas with them. When Amber and I got married and had our first Christmas together as family (I was already pregnant with Nicky then) we spent it with the Lius. Mom and Dad was with Jessica unnie then having the annual holiday travel. But we did spent the New Year with my parents in New York. Everyone of them were shocked and very happy when they found out I was already pregnant (we kept it secret to everyone until Christmas with only our parents and sisters knowing).

 

The next Christmas was one of the best and happiest because it was Nicky’s first Christmas with us. Amber and I was so excited as first time parents to celebrate it with our son. Of course we want him to have the best Christmas ever even though we know he won’t remember it hehehe… XD He was 5 months old then, very cute and fluffy dressed in a reindeer onesie complete with a red nose. We had a little photoshoot with him in the comforts of our home as Amber took his photos while I was the one in-charge of his costume and set, our living room turning into Santa’s log house. We had it printed as Christmas cards with our Holiday greetings and sent a copy to all our close friends and family (the trusted ones only because back then the world doesn’t know about Nickolas Liu’s existence). They loved it!

 

This year is quite special. ㅋㅋㅋ 

 

Why special?

 

Hmmm... because Amber said she has a special gift for me?

 

Or rather... I have a special gift for her?

 

Hahaha!

 

 

 

 

 

It was already past 10 in the evening of Christmas Eve and I’m still here in my kitchen taking out the Roasted Chicken from the oven. My eyes sparkling with pride over my ultimate achievement tonight. MY HONEY ROASTED CHICKEN IS DONE! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Even the Asparagus and Goguma are perfectly cooked just the way I imagined. Niceee.... (^__^)

 

Sorryyyy... its my first time doing this recipe I saw online while researching what to cook for our family Christmas Eve dinner. I also have some steamed Carrots and Potatoes for Nicky no preservatives because its not good for babies like him. Amber was helping me earlier peeling the vegetables and kneading the dough for the bread we also baked. She was the one who made the Mashed Potato from scratch! Everything we will eat tonight we made with cheerfulness and excitement because its Christmas Eve and we are going to spend it together complete.

 

We didn’t cooked much for tonight just enough for two persons since tomorrow, Christmas Day, we will be heading out for an early drive going to the Liu’s family residence at Woodland Hills to celebrate with them. As always after Christmas we will head to New York to celebrate New Year with my family. 

 

“Woah that looks good~…” it was Amber who spoke coming from the living room. She and Nicky were busy playing with Legos scattering a whole tub of Lego bricks on the floor. I swear to God my eyes went on lazer mode to Amber when she taught Nicky how to throw the bricks in the aquarium. Aiishh!!!

 

“Tssss… of course! I made it!”

 

“The question is… does it taste good?!”

 

“YAH!” I threw the kitchen rag at her direction feigning annoyance. She caught it laughing then stood up from the floor to join me in the kitchen. Giving me a back hug and noisy kisses on my nape that made me squeal.

 

“Amber!!~”

 

“What!?~ I’m checking if the chicken taste good~…” she rested her chin on my left shoulder tightening her arms around my waist. Have I already said that Amber’s hugs are the best form of affection I love accepting from her?

 

Her hugs are always warm, affectionate, loving. It calms me when I feel anxious, it makes me feel safe all the time whenever she will wrap her sturdy arms around my body. Her hugs kept me warm in cold winter nights back when we were still young and striving to succeed in the Kpop world. Kept me sane when I felt like losing my mind because of all those haters calling me inappropriate names I can’t imagine.

 

“I smell like Chicken?!”

 

“You smell like a baby~…” she playfully snuzzled her nose on my neck again earning a gentle pull on her hair from me both of us laughing. “And chicken. Yeah you smell like a baby and chicken Soojung-ah.”

 

“What can I do?! I was cooking!”

 

“I knooooow~… its okayyyy~… you’re the prettiest when you cook.” she answered in a playful way even swaying me left and right. What’s with her? She’s been so playful and sweet since this afternoon…

 

Well not that I’m saying Amber is not a sweet person… she’s the sweetest that even Amber cringes on herself. But today…

 

Amber is overly sweet… weird sweet. I can’t even explain it.

 

“Yah Amber Liu! Be honest! Are you on weed today?!”

 

“What?! Nooooo!” she turn my body around with me still wearing my mittens, then leaned her face forward with the most cutest smile on her face brushing her nose on mine. Awwww… now I’m curious! She was grinning! She look so cute and excited… what’s going on…?

 

I patted her cheeks that made her pout so cutely. I copied her pouting, reaching for her face cupping and squishing her cheeks. “If you aren’t high then what’s with you today?~”

 

“You make it sound like I do drugs.”

 

“Aren’t you!?” I asked her playfully feigning surprise. She crinkled her nose then tried to bite my neck making me giggle. 

 

“Silly! Tsss…” she said puckering her lips asking for a kiss. I leaned forward and gave her lips a quick peck before showering her face with noisy wet kisses making her laugh. The way her eyes lits up speaks of pure happiness that I know I brought in her life. Amber’s laugh is music to my ears that I don’t want to end. I want it on loop from morning till night. Is it weird?

 

Maybe. I don’t care. I made it a lifetime devotion to make Amber happy. Because all these years since we met and fell inlove, she has always brought joy and happiness to me, sacrificing alot of things in our relationship. Getting hurt, understanding situations we don’t have any control.

 

Its the best thing I can give her; a wedding vow I intend to fulfill until we grow old and wither.

 

The two of us both turned to Nicky’s direction when we heard him giggle. We found Nickyboy standing near the fridge balancing on his two feet. Looking up at us with his puppy eyes saying unrecognizable words that probably meant ‘Get a room you two!’. “Oh my God! Sorry honey! Come here!” I let go of Amber and squatted on the floor holding out my arms for him to come. Nicky ran eagerly with his baby steps crashing into me giggling.

 

“Po po Mommy~...” Awww... he’s such a sweet baby! He knows what ‘Po po’ means because we taught him how to that’s why whenever we will say ‘Po po’ he will give noisy kisses with his cute smile. Gosh... my Nickyboy don’t grow up fast! You’re still a baby!

 

I lifted him up giggling, planting a kiss on his forehead with a smile. My little blessing that made our life complete. (^_^)

 

Amber joined us and wrapped me and Nicky in a big hug. After raining kisses on me, Nicky turned to his Mama and started raining kisses on Amber’s face too. Our laughter echoing in every corner of our kitchen, a moment that always warms my heart.

 

Nicky asked to be put down then went back to his Legos running like Naruto, earning a clap from Amber cheering him. God! What the hell did she taught Nicky again!? “AMBER!!”

 

“WHAT?!~ Its better to le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter