A sneak peek

I SAID, SHE SAID, THE BABY SAID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! A LITTLE BACKGROUND ON WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE PARTING AND LEADING TO MARRIED LIFE.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT. 

#9YearsWithfx

 

 

 

INTRODUCTION 

 

 

 

 

Its been 3 years since our group f(x) celebrated our 15th year anniversary, our second and last concert as a group before we went on hiatus and lead individual lives. I can still remember everything we have talked about that night before the four of us went on separate ways.

 

We all agreed to take a year off and do whatever we want before planning our comeback again.

 

Victoria unnie went back to China with the goal of fulfilling her contract and finally open that coffee shop she has been dreaming of. I remember her career is doing great back there and she promised us that a year wouldn’t hurt. Tsss… what’s a year when we already experienced a 3 year hiatus before?

 

Luna unnie became busy with her musicals, snatching leading roles and winning her second Best Actress in a Musical award. She said she will use that one year off by finally doing what she has been dreaming of, to audition in a big musical production at London West End.

 

Amber? She went back to Los Angeles a day after the concert, saying she will focus on her growing career there. Producing her own music and collaborating with artists, making videos with her friends and some acting side jobs in festival films. The two of us parting ways after a huge fight concerning our relationship and priorities.

 

Words were said, tears were shed. 

 

Goodbyes left unsaid.

 

The day after she left, I also left for Europe and traveled for months to different countries. Studying the culture, admiring artworks and getting inspirations, immersing myself… and clearing my mind. The fight Amber and I had that day was not a joke, we literally didn’t contact each other for months. Our pride and stubbornness being the reason for not reaching out to each other. In short… we had a cool off that we don’t know how or when to thaw.

 

The rest of the year I spent in Capri and Milan, doing freelance photography work and styling with Tods. Signor Diego was too generous that he allowed me to stay at the Casette d’Ete, his villa in Capri, for the rest of my vacation. I helped put up the show for the A/W Collection for the Milan Fashion Week and in the process having a mini get together with friends from Korea.

 

 

 

It was New Year’s Eve and I was in New York with my parents and Jessica unnie celebrating the turn of the year. Keeping to myself and admiring the colorful displays and lights of the city on the roof top of the hotel we were billeted. There was cocktails and the whole atmosphere was merry except me. Waiting for the clock to strike 12, thinking of one person whom I miss the most but probably didn’t even thought of me for a second of the whole year.  

 

I remember downing 4 glasses of Champagne and feeling crappy because in 10 minutes the ty year will be ending and a new one is coming but there I was still waiting. Clutching my phone with the Create Message box opened and a well made up text waiting to be sent but too afraid or should I say… too stubborn to send?   

 

Jessica unnie even had the nerve to tease me by saying “Don’t forget to send a message to Amber wishing her a Happy New Year. Oh no! She’ll probably read that tomorrow because she’s in a New Year’s Eve party in DTLA watching fireworks with her friends and partying!” laughing like a cow after. Tsss.

 

But deep inside me… I felt it was true.    

 

Who else will she be with... of course THEM. 

 

How pathetic I am. 

 

Five minutes before 12 midnight, my phone received a message coming from that person I’ve been waiting for. Asking me if I miss her which I answered with I don’t miss her at all. But the truth is...

 

I was already crying because she finally texted me after a year of absence.

 

 

From: AMBER

12/31/25

23:55 PM

 

 

I MISS YOU

 

 

 

 

To: AMBER

12/31/25

23:56 PM

 

 

I DON’T MISS YOU AT ALL

 

 

 

From: AMBER

12/31/25

23:57 PM

 

 

Are you sure you don’t miss me?

 

 

 

From: AMBER

12/31/25

23:58 PM

 

Because me… I miss you.

 

 

 

From: AMBER

12/31/25

23:58 PM

 

So damn much

 

 

 

To: AMBER

12/31/25

23:59 PM

 

 

I miss you too…

 

 

From: AMBER

01/01/26

00:00 AM

 

AND I LOVE YOU TOO

 

 

 

I burst out crying tapping the Exit button, finally bowing to our foolishness. Thinking she's probably drunk while sending those messages... nothing new, she also calls when she's drunk even back then. Something she will probably forget once she wakes up in the morning with a mighty hangover.

 

Loud cheers from Times Square and the street below filled the air. Everyone was merry, happy, popping confettis and champagne while I was there crying while looking at my phone murmuring. “I love you too... so much.”  Seriously I pity myself because I'm bawling my eyes out while everyone were greeting each other "HAPPY NEW YEAR!". 

 

There's even a couple beside me who started to make out. Ugh. -_-

 

When suddenly, two strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind that made me gasp in surprise.... the familiar warmth I have been craving for after a year embracing me with so much longing.

 

“I’m sorry...” she whispered in my ear and when I turned around, Amber was there holding me and looking like a lost puppy. I remember not giving her a reply but instead grabbed the back of her head and shared a kiss with her. A long and tender kiss while the beautiful fireworks fill the Manhattan skyline.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter