One

Heart to Heart

Chaeyeon walked into the huge hall of chairs with the trainees from her company. She’s on her third survival show; she knew it seems so desperate, but she came here for her dream. She’s always had a fear that this might not end well for her again, but what else can she do? She can’t wait around. There wasn’t any certainty of debuting in her new company and she thought the training and the exposure she’ll get from the program can help her get closer to her goals.

She scanned the available seats and saw some people’s shocked faces upon their arrival. They were staring at her, probably muttering about her past appearances on television. She went on to sit with her teammates, trying not to get fazed by the whispers.

One by one, the seats got filled. She wondered when the Japanese trainees (Should she even call them that when they’re actual celebrities in Japan?) will arrive. The fact that she’s up against girls who have experience on stage kind of makes her uneasy, but she figured it would be interesting to meet new people from a different country. Plus, she’s been brushing up on her Japanese. She wanted to be prepared.

Suddenly, the girls from AKB48 arrived, looking cute with their matching costumes. Then, came the members of HKT48. Chaeyeon watched them as they looked for available seats when one of them caught her eye. She had the same costume as everyone else in her team but to Chaeyeon, she stood out. 

“She’s so pretty,” Chaeyeon unconsciously muttered loudly. 

“Which one?’ one of her friends asked.

Chaeyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to read the beautiful girl’s name tag. “Miyawaki Sakura,” she whispered.

“Sakura—she’s very famous in Japan,” Chaeyeon overheard from one of the trainees. Chaeyeon tried not to stare but her eyes were getting drawn to Sakura.

Focus, Chaeyeon. She looked away but every now and then, as the trainees fill the seats, she catches herself staring at Sakura’s beret-covered head. The fact that the pretty girl sat in front of her didn't Chaeyeon's case.

When there were no more empty seats remaining, Somi and Kang Daniel suddenly came out from backstage. The trainees went wild. Chaeyeon was glad to see Somi again. She hasn’t seen her since she left JYP for WM. She wonders what would have happened if she joined Produce 101 with Somi. Would she have debuted? Chaeyeon doubted the possibility. She’s watched the first season of the show and thought the trainees were so talented. Chaeyeon was thinking deeply, but she was shaken from her reverie when they were instructed to greet the National Producers and bow to the camera. The two centers wished them good luck—Somi looking her way, as if cheering her on—and went on their way.

After a while, the crew set up tables and chairs which she guesses were for the teachers. Once everything was settled, the teachers came in. Chaeyeon was ecstatic to see all of them. She admires these artists and their work and to be taught by them is such an honor for her. They greeted the trainees and Chaeyeon listened intently. They then took their seats in front of the stage.

This is it. Chaeyeon took a deep breath. It’s starting.

————

AN: I realized there is a lack of ChaeKura fics here, and I just really love them together. Please comment and subscribe if you like. Thank you.