Two

Heart to Heart

Sakura had been feeling down since the teachers started evaluating the AKB48 members. So far, none of the Japanese girls got high grades and it's making her uneasy. Watching her colleagues get disheartened because of the teachers' comments hurt Sakura's pride, but it also made her more determined to prove herself.

Why do the Korean trainees have to be so amazing and talented? Sakura thought as she sighed. Like that trainee onstage who's wearing a pink shirt and ripped jeans.

"Wow! She's really good," Sakura suddenly exclaimed, at awe of how effortless the girl is moving. "Can you read her name?" She squinted her eyes as she asked Amane, who was sitting next to her. The other girl shook her head.

"She's moving too much," Amane said. Sakura made a mental note to check after she's done dancing. She figured she'd just watch as the girl with the half ponytail show her powerful dance. Sakura was mesmerized. How can someone that talented not debut yet?

Finally, the girl had finished dancing. She made a little jig with her feet that Sakura found really adorable. She danced so powerfully but she's actually so cute. Sakura smiled to herself as the other trainees joined the girl onstage.

"Eh, she'll definitely get an A," Sakura commented as she watched the three girls who were anticipating their grade. "She really deserves it."

Sakura looked hard at the girl's name tag but got even more frustrated because the girl's long hair was covering the last part of her name. She figured she'll just find out through the grade announcement. After the teachers were done evaluating, Cheetah announced their grades, and sure enough, as Sakura predicted, the girl got an A. She listened carefully to the translation coming from her earpiece and found out—if she actually heard correctly—that the girl's name is Lee Chaeyeon.

Sakura didn't know why she was so happy that a total stranger got a high grade. She just attributed it to the fact that she wants people to get what they actually deserve. She thought that she'll probably never gonna be able to be in the same class as Lee Chaeyeon. I'm not that good. I'll probably end up in F.
 


The moment Sakura stepped outside the backstage, Chaeyeon had been watching her. She wished the Japanese girl would do well. She's been hearing murmurs of people expecting a lot from her. Chaeyeon just waited for Sakura to start. She isn't really the type who judges people based on their popularity.


Chaeyeon’s eyes were trained on Sakura as she sang and danced. There was fire in Sakura’s eyes and Chaeyeon can feel her determination. Though her moves were not as precise as the others, she can feel Sakura’s charisma from where she’s sitting. I hope she gets a high grade.


After Sakura's performance, Soyou announced that she got an A. Chaeyeon was really happy about it that she involuntarily clapped her hands when she heard the Japanese girl's grade. We'll be in the same class. Maybe we can actually get to know each other. She shook her head. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Chae. You're here to debut.
 

 


AN: For the sake of the story, let's assume that Sakura was in the audience when the WM trainees performed. LOL. Anyway, I'm so glad that Chaekura debuted together. I was so scared that they might not debut. I have a lot of feels about the finale, but let's leave it at that. Right now, I'm just glad that Chaeyeon got to debut with her best friend Sakura.

Thank you for upvoting, subscribing, and leaving comments. I will reply to you individually when I have the time. I appreciate them very much, and they drive me to write; though, I apologize that my chapters are short.