The Beasts

Rightful Heir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] PSYCH, decided to do a small reveal of the beasts before diving into the person battles each of the siblings face. Hope you enjoy!

 

 

“Get up!” Arcadius growled as he watched Sehun succumb the darkness.

“Arcadius, we need not remind you that we cannot interfere with the trials,” Lycus said calmly.

Arcadius growled once more and swiped his paw across the reflected image, causing it to disappear.

Phaedra sympathetically looked to Arcadius before speaking, “We understand the frustration, but you must have hope…faith that he will not be overtaken by the darkness.”

“Easy for you to say,” Arcadius growled, “You both get the eldest of the children, the ones with minor problems to overcome.”

Lycus scoffed, “Minor? You think any of them have minor problems?”

“You think an egocentric boy and an over-thinking girl are anywhere near the same as a mentally abused child?” Arcadius barked angrily.

“Now you’re trivializing things,” Phaedra said calmly. “Calm down, and have faith. There is no other way.”

“This is stupid! Why can’t we help them a little? Expedite the process? For all we know, Kreios has already trained for battle!”

“Arcadius…” Phaedra called softly, “Whether or not Kreios has already started making advances matters not. We will defeat him.”

“How can you be certain?” Arcadius asked.

“I have faith in Sehun… I have faith all of them,” Phaedra replied.

 

Arcadius, Lycus, and Phaedra were three of many legendary beasts. Despite their godly power, they were far from perfect creatures. Arcadius was the oldest of the three and typically the most unpredictable. He was incredibly smart and incredibly strong with a vast knowledge of the way the world worked, but his shortcoming was his inability to forgive. Should a time arise where you stand against Arcadius, it is known that he will never forgive you, even after a thousand years.

Arcadius had the form of a wolf-dog and was fearsome in appearance. He possessed speed like no other and the ability to see and smell what others could not. His senses were heightened and it was incredibly difficult to get the upper hand on him due to his ability to see or hear your intentions from miles away.

He cared everyone and everything around him, and ultimately sought-after peace. But he ultimately realized that peace is seemingly impossible to achieve with beasts, and especially with humans. The greed of all creatures creates an inability to live in a utopian society

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter