Chapter 3

Rightful Heir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] Sorry for such a late update! I started a new job, but now I've gotten settled and can update more frequently. Hope you enjoy this nice little interlude of a chapter!

“Seulgi!” Kai screamed as his sister was tackled by a gigantic golem.

Upon hearing his brother, Sehun turned to the direction of his brother and followed his eyes until he saw Seulgi flying through the air seemingly unconscious from the blow.

The only thing Sehun could hear was his heartbeat as he dropped his sword and screamed for his sister as well. Without even realizing, his legs began to carry him in the direction of his sister.

Ignoring the fact that he was surrounded by enemy soldiers, he bolted past them and punched anyone in his way as he lessened the gap between him and his sister.

In his peripheral vision, he could see Kai mowing down dozens of soldiers in single swings of his oversized scythe. There was something incredible, yet miserable about seeing his loving brother killing dozens of people without a second thought.

How did we end up like this? He thought as he turned his attention back to his sister.

As he ran towards his sister, he heard Kai shout his name as well. He turned to his brother to see Kai with the same look he had after seeing Seulgi get taken down.

Before he could comprehend what his brother was reacting to, he felt a bone-crushing force on his side and could feel his consciousness slipping away.

-

Sehun gasped as shot up in sweats.

“Sehun?” Seulgi asked in concern, “is everything alright?”

“I-” He started, but couldn’t finish. He looked at his sister and remembered seeing her limp body on the battlefield and immediately gagged which caused Seulgi to jump up and rush towards her brother.

“Kai! I think something is wrong with Sehun!”

“What?” Kai responded quickly although it was obvious he was awoken from slumber. "What is going on?" He asked again.

"I don't know, Sehun just woke up in sweats and then seemingly began to puke," Seulgi responded.

Kai rubbed his eyes and kneeled down next to his brother and noticed him shaking which caused the sleepiness to dissipate and replace itself with worry.

“Sehun,” Kai said while grabbing his younger brother’s shoulders, “hey… brother.” He said while shaking him a little, trying to get Sehun to look up.

After no response, Kai began to fear something was actually wrong.

“What’s the ruckus about?” A sleepy Kyungsoo asked while emerging from his tent.

Taeyeon quickly followed suit, not wanting to sleep through anything interesting or important.

No one said anything, but Kyungsoo and Taeyeon could read their expressions and follow their line of sight to Sehun.

“Brother you must speak to us,” Seulgi said calmly, “Why are you trembling so viciously?”

“You…” Sehun said while slowly looking up to his sister, “I saw you…”

“You saw me…?” Seulgi asked confused, “In a dream?”

"I guess," Sehun answered, seemingly gaining control of his body once more. "I don't know what it was, it felt too real to be a simple dream."

“What did you see?” Kai asked, “What happened in this dream?”

“I don’t know,” Sehun answered honestly and brought up a hand to his forehead as it began to seemingly throb.

“Don’t think too much if it hurts,” Seulgi responded while holding his hand.

“I’m fine,” Sehun said with a deep breath.

“I remember we were on a giant field, surrounded by soldiers and giants of an army I didn’t recognize. All I knew was they were not our allies.”

“We were in battle?” Kai asked.

“I believe so,” Sehun said and turned to his sister, “but that is not what struck me with fear.”

Seulgi looked confused as her brother looked into her eyes before it clicked, “Something happened to me?”

Sehun nodded his head.

“Did Seulgi die in your dream?” Kai asked while sitting next to his brother and pulling him for a hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter