One

Eternity

The winter wind was blowing harshly among the bare trees with broken branches , the full moon was floating like an isolated ship in the sea of clouds casting down it's pearly beams upon the surface of the earth and the atmosphere was silent except for the eerie buzzing of the crickets, the rustling of wind , distant howls of the dog and occasional footsteps of a someone walking through the forest. 

" ! " 

The teenage boy jumped in fear as his foot landed on the stray branch of pine tree laying on the side of the worn path . He kicked the branch aside and clutched the flashlight as tight as he could directing it towards his left and right sides , keen eyes scanning for anything unusual. Breath of relief escaped pass his chapped lips as everything seemed normal and he continued to walk towards his destination. 

The temperature seem to be falling down rapidly the further the boy walked. Although , he was dressed up in warm tight winter clothes , the chilling wind still found a way to seep inside the fabric of his coat causing thick layer of goosebumps to form on entire skin. The numbness on his fingers was making it difficult to move them. By now , regret had started bubbling inside his heart. It would have been good if he had just quit but that meant giving up and if there's one thing he hated most , it was giving up before trying. So , here his egoistic self was , heading towards the isolated cemetery at an ungodly hour of night. 

" You can do it Kim Taehyung . You aren't afraid of these things " 

Muttering encouraging words to himself , the teenager sped up his pace , eyes trained solely on the pathway. The shadows that the tree were casting created an illusion of human figures and he had to direct the flashlight right and left time and again ( because the thin ray of light wasn't able to illuminate the whole surrounding ) to make sure that nothing was lurking behind those shadows. Taehyung suddenly halted his steps to look ahead of the path he was walking on, eyes squinting to get a better view but it seemed as if the path was engulfed by the black hole of darkness, midway. Another illusion . He shook his head to clear his mind. 

Finally, after what felt like hours of walking the ray of light from flashlight he was holding fell upon a tombstone. Taehyung let out breath of relief. All he needed to do now was take photo of the cemetery as proof and return back home. With shaky hand he fished out the mobile phone from the front pocket of the tight jeans and quickly unlocked it , fingers hovering over the logo of the camera. 

The teen moved back few steps, holding the flashlight with his mouth and focused the lens of camera on the tombstones. He checked the pictures he just took and shook his head in disappointment as the only thing visible on those photos were lichens, plants and weeds . He grunted , put his mobile back on his pocket and approached the tombstones so as to clear the weeds and plants covering them up. Taehyung was trying to get rid of the vines when a sudden static like sound from behind startled him causing the flashlight to drop from his hand. The light landed on the concrete with a loud thud and everything went dark. 

The boy froze for a second before taking out the mobile phone from his pocket and with help of light from the device, collected the broken parts of the flashlight. He tried to fix it but no matter what the bulb just didn't work. There were no other option then to throw the useless light on nearby bush. 

" Guess I have to rely upon you now " 

Directing his sentence to the mobile phone he once again opened the camera app focusing it on the cemetery. However , before he could snap a picture another sound came from behind , this time closer and clear , it sounded like human footsteps. Turning around swiftly, he scanned the area but there was no one. 

" Who's there ? " 

No response. 

" Haha , my ears are now playing tricks " 

Taehyung tried to convince himself with that supposition but somewhere inside him there was a feeling that something wasn't right. Shaking his head , he pushed the negative thoughts on the far corner of his mind and focused on the work at hand. Just as he was about to turn back after snapping the photos he needed, a sudden unknown energy pushed him back so forcefully that he lost his balance and the back of his head collided with the nearby tombstone. Immense pain circulated throughout his whole body. He raised his shaky fingers to touch the abused area of his head only to draw them back with a hiss. His vision was getting blurry and before he could register what was happening his eyes had already shut down. 

_____

" I hope he's okay " 

" It's all your fault you know " 

" Hey , how is it my fault only ? " 

Taehyung forced his eyes to open upon hearing the familiar voices on the background , his head heavy and body stiff . Now that the effect of anesthetic drug was also wearing off , every part of his body had started to ache again. It took him a minute or two to register that he was in hospital and what had happened yesterday but he had no memory who exactly brought him here. 

" Tae " 

He turned his head to look at the female figure approaching his bed, lips curving into smile unconsciously. She stopped besides the bed and with slight hesitation took his free hand in hers. 

" I'm so sorry " 

Before Taehyung could open his mouth to reassure that it wasn't her fault , his other friends barged inside the hospital room , rushing to his side immediately. His best friend quickly separated their hands , blush decorating her cheeks. 

" How are you feeling ? " 

" Are you angry at us ? " 

" Does your head hurt ? " 

" Slow down guys, I'm okay " Taehyung laughed gazing at each face briefly. However , when his eyes landed on familiar figure standing on the corner with crossed arms , his laughter died down. 

" You nearly gave us heart attack yesterday. If it wasn't for Jimin, god knows what would have happened. Do you mind telling us what exactly happened ? How did you hurt your head ?"

" I was taking pictures of the cemetery " Taehyung paused. He wasn't sure himself what had happened .

" My foot slipped and my head collided with the tombstone. I don't remember anything after that "

A puzzled look crossed over his friend's features. 

" But we found you on the pathway. Are you sure you visited the cemetery? "

" Of course I did "

Taehyung frowned. He grabbed his mobile , unlocked it and handed it to his friend. 

" Here's the proof " 

His friend took the mobile phone and everyone gathered around . They scanned the pictures thoroughly before gazing Taehyung with concerned eyes. 

" What pictures are you talking about? " 

He grabbed the mobile phone , checking for the pictures. Surprisingly there were none. 

" I swear to god there were photos of the cemetery " 

" I think you really hit your he___"

" That's enough " 

Jimin who was silent all this time, uncrossed his arms and walked towards them . He snatched the mobile from Taehyung's hand, set it aside and gently pushed the boy to lay back on the bed. 

" Let him rest. " 

" How is it possible ?? Who deleted the pictures ? No one knows my phone's password " 

Taehyung kept on mumbling to himself . But no one paid attention to him. 

" It's getting late. You all should probably return back home. I will stay here with Tae " 

Jimin directed his sentence to the group. They nodded their head in agreement except for Julia. 

" C__can I stay here with you ? " she asked in almost non existence tone. 

"I don't this it's a good idea. Your mother will be worried " 

" O__okay then. Bye Tae. Take care "

She gazed at Taehyung briefly and with the group of friends walked out of the hospital room. 

Silence engulfed the atmosphere once more. 

" I'm sorry " 

Taehuyng finally spoke avoiding eye contact with his friend. 

" Sorry ? That's all you have to say ? "

Tae winced upon hearing the cold and distant tone other was using , he knew his best friend was hurt and he was the reason behind it. 

" Okay fine. I admit that I was wrong. I should have listened to you. " 

Jimin crossed his arms once again , eyes pinning his friend with glare. 

" There's a difference between saying and doing things Tae ! You always give that ty excuse of yours and I always let it go right ? Not this time. " 
" Make one thing clear to me Tae , do you even consider me your friend ? "

" Of course I do ! Why are you making issue out of such small thing ? " 

" Small thing huh ? ! " 

Jimin's voice was laced with anger , frustration and pain. hands turned into fists as he resisted the urge to shout. 

" You nearly dying is a small thing ?! Do you even have any idea how scared I was ? Do you even care ? If I am a burden to you then ing say so ! " 

" JIMIN ! What the hell are you saying idiot ? ! " 

" I have lost all my loved ones . " Jimin's voice came out surprising soft this time .

" You are the only person I have now. When I found you covered in blood and barely breathing , I__I thought I lost___ " 

Jimin breathed shallowly , eyes turning glossier with each passing second. Tae's heart dropped when he noticed that his friend was crying. 

" Oh my god ! I am so sorry. I am an idiot. I'm crack head. You can give me any punishment you like but please don't cry " 

Jimin smiled a little through his tears and wiped his face with the back of his hands. 

" First you promise me that you won't do anything reckless. And you will rest enough without arguing " 

" I promise " 

A huge smile formed on Taehyung's lips as his eyes saw Jimin nod his head with satisfaction. Just as he was about to lay down and finally get some rest he saw someone or something outside the window. 

" Someone's outside the window ?  " 

Jimin raised his eyebrows and turned around to take a look at the closed window. 

"  We are on the tenth floor of the hospital building Tae. No one's looking at us . Anyway , I will bring something for you to eat from the canteen. Get some rest till I get back  "

Jimin dragged his feet outside the room and gently closed the door. 

Taehyung sighted. He stared at the window one more time and slept supposing the pair of  eye staring at him through the glass was  just another delusion of his mind. 


_________________******________________

Hello dear readers , thank you for checking out this story and sorry for the grammatical mistakes. I'm not so good at English :'( 

AND KEEP ON LOVING BTS AND VKOOK !!!!!