Two: Winter Night Market and Him

Melbourne and Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

"My manager caught us last night," Seongwu said on the phone while chuckling, rather than being concerned about that.

On the contrary, I was so surprised to hear that. Because as I knew, the managers allowed him to go with me but not to do something like kissing in the crowd. I strengthened my grip on my phone while bitting my lips as worry and anxiety crept to every inch of my skin. "Hey, is that okay? Did your fans see us?"

"Strangely they didn't."

"Strangely?" I scoffed, "Why did you do that in the first place?"

"You don't know how long I hold myself to do that," he started making fake crying sound. "We hadn't seen each other for over a year."

"But still, what if your fans caught us last night? It was really fortunate that no one recognized you."

He made he-he-he sound to calm me down, to tell me that everything was okay and nothing to worry about. "You're gonna come tonight, aren't you?"

"Shall I go?"

"You should! This is an order, not an offer, even a demand!" he whined with that typical intonation of his. "And after the concert ends, we gotta go somewhere again."

I couldn't help myself not to laugh to hear it. "Okay, okay. See you tonight, Captain."

---

I never saw him performing on the stage right in front of my eyes. Since I haven't gone home to South Korea again, I just followed about his updates including concert fantakens through Twitter. He always did his best and I can't argue that.

We agreed to see each other under the clock of Flinders Street Station. Just like yesterday, he wore a black mask again as an effort to disguise in the crowd--even though I could still clearly see if it was him. He caressed my head while smiling as we saw each other. In the end of the day, he was still older than me. That was why most of the time, he treated me as a baby girl who needed to be protected and loved. But the funnier thing was I felt like I was the one who babysit him. He was so playful and liked joking a lot.

"So where do you want to go today?"

He looked at his black wristwatch and sighed. "But it's already pretty late. And I think the tram already stopped operating few hours ago."

I looked at mine as well and glanced at him to catch the disappointment which was painted on his face.

"Actually I really want to go to St. Kilda beach and taste Monarch Cakes' chocolate kooglhoupf which you mentioned yesterday," he muttered with lowered shoulders.

An idea about a place crossed my head all of sudden. "How about enjoying Winter Night Market? They are way greater than Monarch Cakes!"

He sought the honesty through my eyes, tried to find if I just wanted to ease his disappointment or told him the truth. But finally he nodded in agreement. I scratched his chin gently to who was still pouting. "Don't worry, you will find it hard to leave that place."

We went to an annual event on Queen Victoria Market which was always be held during winter, called Winter Night Maret. It was still open until 10 p.m. on Saturday. Because the tram and bus were already going to stop operating plus taxi would cost so much, we decided to went there after renting two bicycles. It took around 10 minutes from Flinders Street Station, so it's not a bad idea. But at the same time, riding a bicycle during winter isn't a good idea as well since we should bear with the cold air. Despite the coldness, Seongwu and I eventually had so much fun. Our faces met the cold breeze until our noses resembled Rudolph the deer because of its color. We laughed at each other because of it. I was glad he enjoyed this sudden idea.

We parked our bicycle nearby. We were welcomed by a gateway with a big sized "Winter Night Market" typhography with red light which had a vintage style on it. The lamps were neatly and beautifully arranged on every corner of this market. The bright atmosphere which was combined with the crowd lifted Seongwu's disappoinment up. It could be seen clearly from his sparkling eyes as he let his sight wander. Even before entering the market, the delicious smell of various foods inside it already tempted us. Not only inhaling the delicious smell, our ears were also pampered by the quirky entertainers and Melbourne's finest live music.

             

When we stepped inside, we could see many food stalls which were so busy serving the customers. We barely could see what kind of food they sold due to the crowd, so we just followed our nose and intuition. Not only enjoying the foods, sometimes we also stopped for awhile to take some pictures of the market. The high buildings which stood as the background, the lightbulbs which were hanging everywhere, and the night sky really made a perfect combination. Seongwu took out his camera from the black bag which of strap hung on his shoulder and tried to rely on his photography skill again, while I took the pictures by my phone only.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter