One: Yarra River and Him

Melbourne and Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Captain, open your mask a bit," I commanded, rather than asked.

Seongwu glimpsed at me before opening the black mask which covered his nose and lips. Then he continued enjoying and observing every corner of the view which was captured by his sight. Seems like Yarra River at night was so captivating for him. Since we arrived at here, he almost spent most of the time to stare at that calm flowing river which reflected various colors of the city lights in silence.

I never thought that seeing him without glamorous make up, hairdo, and outfit would make him look like a common guy on their early 20s. A white hoodie which he wore made him look like Ong Seongwu whom I used to know back then. His three stars-which were actually moles-made him look attractive. He seemed worn out when I saw him in the hotel today. But he still insisted to stroll around the CBD to sightsee the night view.

He also brought his new camera along with its bag which of strap hanging on his right shoulder. I want to take a lot of pictures of Melbourne at night and post it on the fancafe, he said, but I ended up taking the pictures for him instead. Even there were some bridges surround the Yarra River, he went to every bridge to take the pictures. What a good effort.

"Look at here for a moment, please," now I'm begging.

With a little smile, he turned his face to the camera and I carefully managed the lens to find the best focus and started pressing the shutter button. The glimmer that fell onto his face was still able to make him shine beneath the night sky. What an exquisite view.

        

Now he changed his position to enrich his photo collection. With his back facing Yarra River and Southbank Footbridge, the night view of Melbourne was never been this beautiful.

        

"Do I look fine?" he asked from the distance.

I sighed. "You should've asked if the picture come out fine, not only you."

He chuckled and bragged, "If I look gorgeous, I believe the picture will just come out very well."

I couldn't help myself not to laugh to witness his overcondifent side again. It's been awhile since I saw him face to face again like this. The last time we met in the airport, I sobbed and he just sheded a tears as he let me go to Melbourne for my master degree. That time, he was still preparing to join the survival show, Produce 101, with a high hope that he would get the chance to debut and pursue his dream as a singer.

I watched every episode of it. He looked stunning even since the first episode. I remember how I screamed when I saw him on the television. My heart was flying when the nation's representative who was also a superstar, BoA, complimented him for his great talent on both dancing and singing, also his handsome look. My heart always nearly jumped out everytime it came to evaluation and rank announcement time. I just hoped that he catch many national producers' heart so he would get a lot of votes until the end. And thankfully, he passed. He is a member of one of hottest boygroups at the moment, Wanna One.

We didn't get to communicate everyday very often since he had a packed schedule, especially during comebacks or world tour like nowadays, meanwhile I was so busy with my assignments and other stuffs. It was enough to put us into quarrel, but we quickly made up as we thought carefully about it by ourselves.

Now, we both are maturer a lot. We both were already used to our life routinites and understood each other more. Despite the disappoinments as we couldn't see each other even during holidays, we always tried our best to get each other's back. We always tried our best to keep the things on the track, so nothing would be changed even after we grew up on our own business. He a

Please log in to read the full chapter