Joon Su: She is back?

I love you forever
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Joon Su-oppa?" You have got to be kidding.

Someone up there was playing a cruel joke on me. I felt my stomach churn and the possibility of being physical sick was becoming more and more of a problem. Every bone in my body was screaming at me to run. I needed to get the hell out of here. Of all places! A stadium packed with thousands of people and the one person who I've been avoiding for so long just ends up in my lap. I was now positive that I must have done something wrong to deserve this.

"Omo, you've grown up." I was feeling even more uncomfortable as her gaze lingered. Was there something on my face? Did I have a stain on my shirt? Dammit, this is the exact reason why I had to leave Gwangju. Being around Cheonsa just made me unsure and self-conscious. Even five years couldn't change that. Before I knew what was happening Cheonsa was jumping over the back of her chair and suddenly squeezing me to death. It didn't matter how much I was trying to escape and die right there on spot, I couldn't help but to wrap my arms around her just as tight. At that moment I felt like I was home again, which I didn't know how much I was craving till right now.

"Wow. Look at you!" I said after she let me go and I was able to actually look her over. "You have become more beautiful!" I said while pinching her cheek. Cheonsa was always beautiful but the years did her good. "And your weight!" 

She laughed while playfully tapping her non-existent stomach. "Only for the moment. The game made me lost it all." 

No matter how bad I wanted to still be mad and a little abrasive towards her, I missed her. I missed her with every fiber of my being. I missed her eyes, her voice, her hugs, her jokes that were too hard for some to understand and that smile. 

"Bogoshipo," I said with sincerity.

"Then you should have came home." Her voice was a tad bitter but still playful. I was probably the only one to detect it. "Or at least called." Her eyes bore into mine and I had to break the contact. I wasn't in the mood to feel guilty but I knew that now I wasn't the only one who was holding a grudge.

"Oh, how rude of me," I said, turning towards Yerin.

"This is my cousin Yerin." I gestured towards her and I could feel Cheonsa's eyes on me. "Yerin this is Cheonsa."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park Yerin imnida. Wah neoneun yeppeuda, Cheonsa-unni!" She immediately gave Cheonsa her big smile and weird bow. 

I chuckled. “Yah. Cheonsa is way younger than you. How can you not tell?” 

"Annyeonghaseyo. Jin Cheonsa imnida. Mannaseo bangapseumnida,” she said with charm oozing from her smile. She started to giggle, only for me to shoot down the forming thoughts in her head with a glance as I slightly shook my head and mouthed 'no'. She knew the look and the smile instantly dropped. "This is Baek Yunho." She turned back to the guy who was waiting patiently for attention. "He is my -" She looked back to me with a pointed look, "...best friend." 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” he greeted us with annoying flashy smile.

I gave Yunho a tight smile as I was judging him in my head. Best friend my . I don't care if it had been years, that was and will always be my position.

"Well it is nice to meet your best friend." I said tight-lipped while looking at Cheonsa and not even acknowledging Yunho.

"Ne," she said with the same tone in his voice. During this all we both didn't notice Yerin jump down next to Yunho as she sat in Cheonsa’s seat and watched the game till I turned back to empty spot.

We both sat down when we noticed people starting to complain about us being in the way. The tension slowly made its way back between us as we sat in silence. I didn't know what to say and I opened my mouth a few times but words failed me. I knew Cheonsa was going through the same thing when utter silence came from her. Cheonsa always had something to say. Throughout the game we sat there and instead of concentrating on her, I watched attentively as each inning just proved how close it was going to be.

"Oh come on! He was totally safe!" Cheonsa scared me as her voice came out of nowhere.

"I know!" I said after a bad call causing the teams to switch sides. "Does this guy need glasses? He was practically on the base when the ball was still in the outfield!" I didn't even notice Cheonsa slightly laughing at me. "Mwo? Wae?" I asked while laughing myself

"Aniyo, it's just you really haven't changed much."

"Well you have! I mean come on, you are wearing white! Are pigs flying?" I said while looking up in the sky.

"Oh shut up!" she said, lightly punching my shoulder.

"Sorry about, you know spilling on you." I frowned after getting a huge whiff of beer.

"It's fine. I needed to cool off anyway. I shouldn't have yelled at you," she said, looking around at all the people around us, some which were still giving us an odd look. "Half these people probably think I'm now trying to hit on you after I realized you were hot." My ears were burning at her words but tried to hide it while looking away. 

For the rest of the game we made small chit chat as we eagerly watched the game. The dodgers ended up winning of course which caused for an awkward high five between us.

"Oppa, why don't you make up for dumping your beer all over Cheonsa and buy her a drink at Eunji's." Yerin said eagerly. Apparently Yunho and her really hit it off as she was already clinging to his arm. 
I was about to decline but Cheonsa spoke before I got the chance. "Yea, you owe me. And we have a lot of catching up to do."

"You're right, we do." I gave in while retrieving a big smile from Yerin.

"Who's Eunji-ssi?" Yunho asked as we made out way down the rows of seats.

"She owns the place. The name is tacky so we have always called it Eunji's."

____________________

It took Yerin and I about an hour to get out of the stadium, back to the car and out on the road. We gave them directions on how to get to the little Bar and Grill that we have been going to since I moved here. To anyone else it looked like a hole in the wall but once you ate the food it became paradise.

W

Please log in to read the full chapter