two: temporary reality

Spring Scent in Autumn
Please log in to read the full chapter

I felt like I already lost my strength just to stand up properly. But luckily, I managed to drag myself to the bathroom. I was still contemplating whether I should go to work or to see my doctor today. I was so weak until I couldn't feel my body. I felt light as a feather, but at the same time I also felt like carrying a huge stone on the top of my head.

I heard knocking sound on the bathroom door. A husky voice followed, "Roxy? You okay?"

Even hearing his voice calling my name was so heart fluttering. Gosh, I'm getting crazy. And although I hadn't felt familiar his super strange presence yet, I still managed to reply him right away, "I'm fine!"

After getting ready to go to work, I was welcomed with a simple breakfast on my small dining table; some well burnt toasts, a sunny side up, a scrambled egg, and some slices of tomato. There were also two cups of coffee.

"I don't know if it would taste great, but I tried my best," he smiled awkwardly after putting the milk on the table. "I know you like scrambled egg more than any kind of egg."

I was awkward because I kept holding myself not to scream happily like crazy. He knew what I like! Daniel Kang-my favorite person or hallucination-knew what I like! It was still a mystery that he knew that side of me but I couldn't help myself to be this happy. In the end of the day, I'm still his fan though.

"It looks fine and edible, though," I replied with a low voice. I headed towards the table and took a sit accross him.

We had our breakfast in total silence. Sometimes we exhanged glances and we both were a little bit flustered. I couldn't hold myself not to be nervous since I had breakfast with this real or unreal Daniel Kang. But seeing how I munched the foods that he cooked for me, it couldn't be any true than this.

"So, I will you to your work today. Do you want me to pick you up as well?" he offered after swallowing his food.

For the God's sake, seeing his adam apple moved as he swallowed that freaking food really drove me nuts. I blinked my eyes several times to get my sense back. Rather than denying his presence, I slowly started accepting it. "Ah, no need to. Thank you."

"Okay. Just call me if you want me to. I think I'm going to stroll around the CBD."

❧❧❧

We just stepped out from my apartment building when we bumped into one of my neighbors, Sophie. She scanned Daniel from his head to toe and with a grimace. "Look who is here?" Rather than a question, it sounded more like a tease. "Roxy's husband who just came from South Korea to see his lonely wife."

My eyes automatically were widely opened when I heard what she just said. What kind of nonsense is this? Do I hear it right? How could she participate in this insanity?

On the contrary, Daniel chuckled with and his eyes were shaped into cresscent moons again. Gosh, I like this distracting view so much. 

"Ah, you must be Sophie," Daniel said politely. "Thank you for always taking care of my Roxy while I'm away."

What? My Roxy? It sounded so cheesy but my heart skipped a beat.

"Ah, don't worry about that. Roxy is a good girl. She's like my own daughter," Sophie answered while throwing a wink at me.

"Let's have a meal together next time. I really owe you a lot."

"Ah, no need to do that. Just by seeing you both happy like this is so satisfying."

I cleared my fine throat purposely with a hope to end this conversation.

"Ah, you should go by now," Sophie caught my signal.

Daniel glanced at me with a smirk before bidding a goodbye to Sophie.

Please log in to read the full chapter