~Storm Scent~

~The Summer Rain~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
~It's the storm scent hints you that the rain is on the way~

 

Jinyoung woke up with vibrations coming from his alarm. He never put the alarm to make a sound because he didn't want to wake Minjae up. Time on the phone indicated 6.30 in the morning and Jinyoung could see a thin light beam coming through the curtain.“Minjae-ah... You have to go to school” Jinyoung slowly nudged his son who was sleeping on under the blanket. “I can't go.,” Minjae mumbled without opening his eyes.

 

“ehh.. you can't stay at home. Papa has to go to work. So wake up soon.. Papa can't be late sweety..” Jinyoung took the blanket off and lifted up Minjae from the bed.

 

“mhe..mhe... Papa, I can't go..” Minjae wrapped his hands around Jinyoung's neck and kept his head on Jinyoung's shoulder. Jinyoung felt that something is wrong with his five years old son, who never cry to stay at home. While holding Minjae, he touched Minjae's forehead.

 

“oh..god..you are burning with fever..” Jinyoung quickly puts down him on the bed and covered with the blanket. 'Obviously, I can't send him to school with high fever' Jinyoung kept thinking what he should do. He couldn't miss work today as he is meeting some potential investors for his business. He has his own clothing shop where he designs clothes. However, he has been planning to expand it outside the Seoul and today he is meeting with some potential investors for that purpose. Also, he remembered he has to go out of Seoul in the weekend for business. He was planning to take Minjae with him but with Minjae being sick Jinyoung knew he can't take his son with him. “Papa...” Jinyoung snapped from his thoughts with Minjae'e whisper. “Baby.. wait till Papa gets you some medicine..ok..” Jinyoung checked his pantry and found the syrup for fever. He gave a small dose to Minjae and caressed his head till he falls back in sleep.

 

…........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Yoon Sora woke up to the blasting sound of her mobile. “Hello..” “Yah... Yoon Sora,” Sora held the phone away from her ear but still, she could hear Joon's scream “are you still sleeping..? You have a project. The Client wants to meet you him at his home at 7.30 a.m.” “ok Joon-ah, I will go..” Sora muttered to the phone with her eyes closed. “yah, go now. it's already 7. I will send the address. He has a five years old son.” Joon said. “Ok. I will go now..” Sora got up from the bed. She was having a hangover from last night drinking. “This is why I always tell u not to drink too much noona..” Joon started to complain as he heard her groans through the phone. “Alright mom.. hang up now. I gotta go.” Sora cut the line and went to the bathroom to get ready.

 

Yoon Sora is an event planner working for Joon's agency. Seo Joon is her junior in university and when he decided to open an event planning agency she agreed to work with him. They have a strong friendship rather than the senior-junior relationship. However, things haven't been that great lately. Their agency only has three people including herself and Joon. The other planner is a newly graduated junior from her university called Kim Naeun. They have been struggling to meet ends.

 

Sora checked the address on her phone once again before ringing the bell. The number on the door said it's the correct address. She was surprised to see a young handsome man who might be in his late twenties opened the door. “Please come in, I'm Park Jinyoung.”

 

Sora stepped inside the small apartment. The apartment was looking normal, apart from the fact, there were toys, legos, magazines scattered around the floor and couch.

 

“Yoon Sora,” she said. “ok Sora-sshi, I'm sure your agency must have told you that I have a son. 5 years old. He is sick that's why I had to hire you. Well, I have to run. I'm already late for work. You can leave once I come back home. I have written all the instructions in a notebook. Please take care of my son. Thank you..” Before Sora say anything the man ran out of the door and she kept looking at the closed door for a few seconds analyzing everything that happened so fast. Sora kept her handbag on the sofa and took the notebook which was on the table.

 

Hi,

I'm Park Jinyoung. Thank you for your service in advance. My son has fallen sick suddenly. That's why I needed to hire you. Well, I'm hoping you would be able to come over the weekend as well. Anyway, I can discuss that arrangement once I come home.

Things for you to do

Clean the living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.

Cook breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for Minjae. (my son's name. He is 5 yrs old)

Take his temperature from time to time.

Don't call me since I won't be able to answer. But you can call my best friends Jackson or Jaebum. Their numbers are on the fridge. In an emergency, they will be able to come. I have informed them beforehand anyway.

I'm trying to come soon but in case if I get late don't leave until I get back.

 

Sora read the note three times just to understand what's this was all about. 'This is not about event planning. Have I got the address wrong?' Sora thought to herself. She checked her phone again for the address and realized she has come to the correct address. She decided to call Joon in order to get the whole scenario clarified. “Yah, Joon-ah, are you sure this man needs an event planner?” Sora asked as soon as Joon answered the call. “Why what happened?” Joon asked. “Well, he just left, leaving me with his sick 5 years old son. And he has left a note with instructions for me to do cleaning and cooking. Are you sure he was looking for an event planner, not a housemaid?” Sora said.

 

“Well, he booked us last week. He said his son's birthday is coming up next month. So when he sent a message saying he needs help today, I thought he wants to plan everything today. So I sent him a message confirming that you will be there. Anything wrong?”

 

Sora was furious as Joon explained his side of the story. “Yah.. he must have mistakenly sent you the message. He wants a maid for today. How stupid can u be?” Sora started screaming to the phone without realizing that she has woken up the kid from his sleep. “where is papa?” A tiny voice brought Sora back to the small apartment. A little kid who looked like a miniature of the man who just left was standing on the doorway of a room which she assumed to be the bedroom. He was wearing a blue cute pajama suit with pink peaches on it. His drowsy black eyes were shining with tears. “ohh... ehhh... Papa has gone to work.. are you Minjae?” Sora asked slowly. The little kid nodded his head. “Yah, I gotta go. Call him and solve this out. Anyway, I can't leave a sick kid alone. I'll wait till this sorted out.” Sora whispered to the phone and hanged up. “Well Minjae-ah, I'm Yoon Sora, your papa asked me to take care of you until he gets back,” Sora said while kneeling down in front of the kid. She touched his forehead to check his temperature. “I'm hungry..” Minjae whispered. “ohh.. ok.. aunty will make some food for you.” Sora lifted him up and went to the kitchen to look for something to cook. The kitchen sink was full of dirty dishes. She put down Minjae on a chair and started making a soup with chicken and vegetable. “Minjae-ah aunty is cooking a soup for you. My mom used to cook it when I got sick” Sora tried to make small talk just to make sure the kid won't breakdown in tears. Minjae nodded his head slowly. For some reason, Sora felt the kid is mature for his age.

 

Sora kept the soup bowl in-front of Minjae and started to cool if off. She took a spoon full and tried to feed him. Minjae looked at her with surprised eyes and slowly opened his mouth. “You have to eat more to be healthy and strong. “ Sora said while feeding him. He left out a small chuckle which made Sora break into a wide grin. 'Thank god.. he is not feeling uncomfortable with me' Sora thought to herself. “Why aren't you eating?” Minjae asked. “Ah.. aunty will eat after feeding you..” Sora said with a smile. 'He is definitely mature for his age.' Sora thought.

 

After the breakfast, she took his temperature and marked it as normal. She gave him a dose from the syrup and lifted him up. “Minjae-ah you are getting better. Now let's go back to bed.' she tucked him in the bed. She checked her phone to see whether Joon has called but didn't see any notification. “Joon-ah did you call him?” Sora asked. “Noona, I tried calling him but he is not picking up. What should we do?” Joon sounded worried. But Sora knew she can't leave the kid alone so she decided to stay back till kid's father come home. “I'll stay till kid's father come home. Anyway, he is a potential client. I think he has a clothing shop. So maybe we might be able to get more events from him” Sora said. “Ok Noona, I'm really sorry for what happened” Joon apologized. “It's ok kiddo. Bye” Sora hanged up the line.

 

She looked at the kid who was sleeping peacefully while hugging a soft toy dog with a name tag “Wang”. I guess the kid has a weird taste of names, Wang Puppy'. She looked around the room. There were clothes scattered on the floor. The living room was no different than the bedroom. There were magazines, toys scattered all over the place and novels were piled up here and there. Sora was not a clean freak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter