Chapter One

Her Darkest Light

As I take a bite out of my sandwich, I hear a voice shout,"Tzuyu we've been looking everywhere for you!". I slightly flinch at the volume but try not to show it, as I go back to writing in my book instead. "I have been here, Sana, the entire lunch." I say but I don't look up at them. "You know, I think you write more than you talk to us." I heard Nayeon say, and I could only shrug in response. 

Though, as soon as they sat down, they seemed to be in their own conversation, completely excluding me. I thought that maybe if I let them be then maybe next time I'll actually be able to talk. As I attemt to join one last time, the end result not changing I decide that now is the time to walk away from them. It's not like I am clueless to their close friendship, but moreso envious because I haven't found someone who I feel completely and entirely comfortable with. Enough so that, I feel no guilt when I tell them my problems. I know that whoever I tell, will automatically see me and treat me differently. And I don't want that, I want them to see me as the smae Tzuyu I was before they found out. Which is why I have kept it in, and though it works most days. There is that one day, every so often, that seems to have all the stuff I've buried deep inside me, and attempted to forget. They all come and hit me, at any point like a slap in the face and what hurts more than that? The fact that if I am with others, they don't realise. They don't notice that I am no longer laughing, or I am no longer smiling or even talking. So I end up walking away, praying that they'll say, "Hey Tzuyu, where are you going?" or just anything but they don't notice. Until they next see me later in that day.

 

"Oh my god, did you see the new Japanese trainee?" I hear someone shout and I think if Nayeon or, specifically, Sana has said anything about this. But I realise, I am never there when they have those conversations. They said that I don't want to hear the stuff they say about others, that I am too young and innocent for that sort of thing. I try to continue walking in an attempt to distract myself from my imagination attempting to image this supposedly Beutiful female Japanese trainee. 

"You. Don't. Like. Girls." I sternly whisper to myself, quickly glancing to see if anyone heard or saw me. 

 

"Hey, Chaeyoung? Have you seen Tzuyu?" I hear from around the corner and rush to hide. "Why would I know?" Chaeyong replies in a sadder tone than what she usually talked in. "Sorry it's just you two and Somi. Were the closest amoung the trainees. The undefeatable trio." And Chaeyoung seems to snap. "We used to be close, now I have no clue where she is or what she's doing." She screamed and it was followed by stomps coming in my direction. 

 

 

 { Not proof read, and what do you think happened? }

 [ P.S - I know it is't the best, but try and bare with me. :) ]