tears

PHILOGYNY | Produce 48 One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

wonyoung's sobs aren't caught on camera. she hides her tears well, and the one time she lets the cameras film her at her weakest moment she swears it will never happen again. she's in the bathroom, sitting on the floor, not bothering to check if the floor's dirty. 

wonyoung knows she can't give up, it's too late for that anyways. she just wants to rest, for now. she doesn't want anyone to see her in this state, especially when there are 29 other girls fighting to overthrow her from the spot she somehow gained.

she knows she isn't the best out of all those girls. she certainly isn't the most talented or the most charming. she just got voted because of her looks, at least that's what she thinks. wonyoung never asked to be first place though, the national producers gave her that rank and she's sure that she won't be able to keep it.

her sobs have quieted down and she wipes the tears that are falling down her cheeks. the dark haired girl doesn't want to get up. she's too tired to stand up and go to sleep. wonyoung just wants to sleep. but she can't.

 

her heart almost stops when she hears footsteps nearing the entrance and she's about to run and hide in a stall when a familiar voice stops her.

 

"wonyoungie? are you in here?" it's ahm yujin, luckily. the younger girl lets out a sighs as she hugs her knees tighter, not wanting to respond.

yujin's footsteps grow closer and wonyoung feels a sudden warmth next to her. 

 

"hey." the brown haired girl lets out a soft greeting, which surprises wonyoung. yujin's always been loud, and it wasn't often that she got to see the older girl being serious, or actually acting like she's older than wonyoung (which she is).

 

"hi." wonyoung replies just as softly, now moving close to yujin. the raven haired girl can feel the latter's arm on her shoulder, and she can almost sense her tension dissolving.

 

"it's okay." yujin comforts her when she starts crying again. wonyoung hadn't even noticed the tears falling until yujin's hand started wiping them away clumsily. 

 

"w-why does it have to be like this?! why do they hate us!?" wonyoung cries into yujin's shoulders and she holds on to the elder one to steady herself. she feels like she might fall at any moment, even though she's already on the floor.

 

"i-" yujin is about to speak when wonyoung interrupts her.

 

"we're just kids!!"

yujin pats wonyoung and gently pushes her away from her. it hurts her to see her friend like this. wonyoung is usually the stronger one, but even the strongest break, and yujin knows this better than amyone.

 

"it's exactly because of that." yujin sighs, she can't see wonyoung's face clearly but she's sure the younger one has a questioning look on her face.

"people like to see others fall. we're young and more likely to make mistakes, it's in our nature. you and i, we're still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter