First Meet

One Mistake and One Regret

 

Ding

 

A handsome doctor calmly get out from elevator as soon as the door was open. Turn to right, he open the door of Children Ward. The boring white hospital type wall was changed to colorful paint and covered with cute stickers everywhere. Children Ward is always special, they even have their own indoor playground on the center of the ward. He smiled to the nurses and continue walk to the playground that little crowded by the children.

 

“Hey guys!” He greeted then kneeling down. About 10 little children turn their head to his direction before screaming and run to him.

 

“Doctor Park!” They shout in union an trying hug the doctor. Doctor Park or go with Park Jinyoung as the full name, laughing before hugging the children one by one.

 

“How was your day?” he asked, and got a lot of answers at the same time.

 

“Doctor Park, I can leave the hospital tomorrow~”

 

“Doctor Park, me too, me too.”

 

“Doctor Park, today Doctor Jung come and give me a shoot, it's hurt~”

 

“Doctor Park, nurse Kim said I can't eat tonight~ Nurse Kim is a meannie.”

 

Patiently, Jinyoung answer the children one by one. It only a month he started to work here, but the children already smitten to him. Who wouldn't? He was caring, sweet, patience and handsome, even all the nurses on this ward was quickly fall to the doctor.

 

“What time is it guys?” Doctor Jung Jaejoong suddenly come up behind them. “It's time to nap.” he said clapping his hand. The children whining, and come closer to Jinyoung, hugging every part of Jinyoung body. The young doctor laughed. He then whispered to the children about something. The children gasp before running to their perspective bed.

 

“Good Job, Doctor Park.” Jaejoong said patting Jinyoung shoulder. “You're perfectly fit here. I won't let other head department steal you.”

 

“I hope I'm not be stolen too, Doctor Jung. I like here.” He said looking around the ward before his eyes fall to a little boy who sitting at the end of the waiting bench with a book on his laps.

 

“Who is that, Doctor Jung?” Jinyoung ask while pointing the little boy. Doctor Jung squinting his eyes.

 

“Ah.. It's Gyeoul. Park Gyeoul. He just come back from the intensive care unit. Poor kid. At the young age, he already had a complicated heart disease.”

 

Jinyoung look at the boy, and suddenly the boy look at his direction too. Gyeoul has almond hair and handsome face. He have big brown eyes with pointing nose and heart-shaped lips. Suddenly, someone face flash on Jinyoung mind after looking the details of Gyeoul face. Someone he hate to death.

 

“He is the longest patient here, he already admitted here when he was 2 years old. I'm his doctor since he come.He is so introvert, but so clever. He spent his time reading book than playing with his friends.” Jaejoong continued. “Have you eat yet? Wanna come with me?”

 

Jinyoung nodding his head, and follow the senior doctor. He take a note on his head to approach that boy later. He feels something pull him to that boy.

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

Jinyoung close the door in front of him slowly after finished checking his patients. Kim Yugyeom, the 7 years old boy was broke his leg after fall from the tree. He cry for a long time before Jinyoung successfully calm him down with ice chocolate. Looking to his watch, he mentally curse himself. Jinyoung have a plan to eat lunch together today, and he late. He just about to run to his office when his eyes spotted Gyeoul sat on his favorite, the corner of the long chair, alone with a book beside him. He biting his lips and approaching the boy.

 

“Hi Gyeoulie~” He called the boy carefully while sitting beside him. Gyeoul look at him for a second before grab his book and hug it tightly.

 

“Oh.. Am I scare you? I'm sorry.” The 5 years old kid only nodded his head. “What are you doing here? Have you eat?” nod and then shake, the boy only answer him with a gesture, not a word.

 

“Did he mute?” Jinyoung said with a low voice, but the boy can hear him.

 

“No, but Papa said I can't talk to strangers. They are dangerous.”

 

“Uhh? But I'm working here. I'm not strangers, and I'm not dangerous.”

 

“Still. I don't know you.”

 

Jinyoung’s jaw dropped. This kid is so rude. Lowkey he remembered his own childhood. People said he also rude and kinda savage.

 

“Let's introduce each other then. My name is Park Jinyoung. I'm working as doctor here.” He said and offering the boy a handshake.

 

“I'm Park Gyeoul or Winter. I have two names.” The boy look at his hand for some moments. Jinyoung just about to pull his hand when Gyeoul grab his hand back. “Nice to meet you, Doctor Park.” The boy smiling. And Jinyoung just noticed that Gyeoul also have cute eye wrinkles just like him.

 

“So, what are you doing here? And why you haven't eat yet?”

 

“I'm waiting for Papa, he said he will have lunch with me today, but he is late.”

 

Jinyoung look at his watch again. It a half to one o'clock. “Maybe your Papa pick your Mama first before come here. ” he said trying to lift up Gyeoul’s mood.

 

“I don't have mama.”

 

Jinyoung quickly bite his inner lips. So, his mother have passed away? What just he done?

 

“Gyeoulie.. I'm-”

 

“Gyeoulie!” A voice cut him. Jinyoung and Gyeoul look at the direction at the same time. A man with a dark brown hair running to them. “I'm sorry I'm late.” The man said while catching his breath.

 

“Jackson daddy!” Gyeoul excitedly jump to the man. Jinyoung quickly stand up and bow to the man. Jackson look at him with a shock expression for couple of second.

 

“This is Doctor Park, Daddy. He is a doctor here.”

 

“Hello, I'm Park Jinyoung.” Jinyoung said.

 

“Ohh. I'm Jackson Wang. I'm this kid Father's friend.” Jackson said and smiling to Jinyoung. Jinyoung frowning his forehead, he thought this man is Gyeoul’s father. But, he looks familiar. Did he ever saw this man before?

 

“Where is Papa?”

 

“Your Papa is busy because Grandpa is here. And grandpa is waiting for us on the cafeteria downstair. Let's go meet him, yeah?”

 

“Umm!!”

 

Jackson bow his head to Jinyoung before turn around and walk to the exit door. Jinyoung can see a happy expression on Gyeoul face, so much different with his daily expression. He unconsciously smiles too. Jinyoung pull his phone from his doctor coat when it vibrating. His eye catch the book that Gyeoul accidentally knocked off. Jinyoung then pick it up. A little prince. Gosh. He like it too. He beam a smile. That kid have a lot similarities. Eyes wrinkles, hobby, sassiness, and even the book they like is same. People may think that kid is his child. Suddenly he lost his smile. His heart beats so fast. No way. No ing way. They are in America and he said that they won't ever step his foot in Korea again. He promised.

 

“Nyeongie Appa!” a voice startled him. He turn around and saw a little girl looking at him with angry face. Placing both her small hand on her waist.

 

“Hi Princess~ What are you doing here? Where's daddy?” he asked and lift the little girl. She fold her hand in front of his chest and looking to other direction from Jinyoung. Jinyoung can't help but chuckles. His princess is so cute.

 

“Nayeon is mad. You late for our lunch date.” Im Jaebeom, his boyfriend aka Nayeon’s father suddenly appears beside him and kiss his cheek.

 

“Oh right. I'm so sorry princess, the work was caught me. But we still have time to have lunch right?”

 

“No.. I have to go to my ballet class now.”

 

“Ohh come on.. I promise I'll cook your favorite dinner tonight. Your ballet class can wait. I bet your daddy also want to eat first.” Jinyoung said while walking to exit door with Jaebeom beside him, circling his hand around Jinyoung waist.

 

What a beautiful family! Everybody will think about that when he saw Jaebeom and Jinyoung together with Im Nayeon. Two handsome daddies with one beautiful daughter. Everybody must be jealous to them. But the thing is, they aren't officially married. Jaebeom parents still don't accept their relationship.

 

Jaebeom and Jinyoung was a pair of best friends since they are child. They grew up together and getting closer day by day. One day on their high school years, Jaebeom finally realized their feelings to Jinyoung after the younger take a part on a school drama and have to kiss other girl. Jaebeom was so jealous that after the drama finished, he pull Jinyoung to one of empty class and kissed him roughly. Jinyoung was shocked and frightened, but he didn't deny that his heart fluttered when Jaebeom kissed him. Jaebeom then apologized to him and confessed to him about his feelings. Jinyoung also willingly admit that he felt a lot of butterflies fly on his stomach. The two of them then decided to secretly dating because they know how strict Jaebeom parents was.

 

To shorten the story, Jaebeom parents found out their relationship and demanded Jaebeom to break Jinyoung up. They also arranged a married for Jaebeom. Jaebeom who turn out to be a dutiful son break his relationship with Jinyoung and get married to the girl his parents choose as soon as he graduates from the college. He also have a daughter with Jiyeon, Im Nayeon. But their marriage life was not long, they divorce when Nayeon was only one years old and Jiyeon then pursue her dream to be an actress. Jaebeom then meet Jinyoung again, his love to the younger was blossom again. So does Jinyoung. Even they have painful past, they decided to getting back together. And still on their relationship until now. Jaebeom want to make them official, but his parents still against him and Jinyoung still have a trauma from what happened on the past.

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

Jinyoung stretch his muscles after taking a quick nap. He is on his first night shift today. Usually he only take a day shift because he want to spent his night with Jaebeom and Nayeon. But this week Jaebeom take Nayeon is spending his entire week in his parents house. Jinyoung who hate being alone in the house, decided to take night shift.

 

When he doing his night check up, he was little bit shock when he found Gyeoul is still awake in his VIP room. The boy is laying on his bed and playing with one of his Pikachu plushie.

 

“Hey, buddy! You haven't sleep yet?” Jinyoung ask him, then sit on the side of the bed. He then caressing Gyeoul soft brown hair. It's look lighter than usual. “You have to sleep so you can quickly recovering.”

 

“I can't sleep, Doctor Park. I miss Papa.”

 

Jinyoung pitying the little boy. As long as he knew the boy, Jinyoung haven't seen his father yet. He only meet Jackson who come visit him everyday after lunch, take Gyeoul to walk around the hospital. Or Youngjae, he is Gyeoul tutor and kind of babysitter. He come everyday in the morning and will go home after Gyeoul take a nap on the afternoon, and passes his job to Jackson. Some nurses said that Gyeoul’s Father was a busy businessman. He usually come at night after he work. Usually Jinyoung had finished his shift at that time.

 

“Your father not come today?”

 

“Jackson daddy said that Papa is working hard to finish his work so he can stay with me after that. I've called him when I go to bed, he said he can't come today.”

 

“It's okay, I'm here with you.” Jinyoung smiled to the little boy. “Wanna listen a bedtime story? I'll read it for you.”

 

“Really? You will?” Gyeoul pull the book under his pillow fast, then pass it to Jinyoung. A little prince. Jinyoung smile he laying down beside the boy and pull him to his arm, like he usually do to Nayeon then starting to read the story for Gyeoul.

 

“You like this story?” Jinyoung ask him after reading that book, but Gyeoul looks like doesn't want to sleep anytime soon.

 

“Yes, Papa said it was my mother favorite book. Papa said my face look like him a lot but my personality and hobby just like Mama.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, Jackson daddy said so.”

 

“Your mother must have a great personality.”

 

“I don't know. She left me when I was born.”

 

“Its okay, you still have your papa, and your Jackson daddy, and your teacher Youngjae.”

 

“Can I have you too? You're so nice to me. Do you want to be my friend? I have no friends. Other kids only stay here for a week or so, they left me alone then. You will stay here forever, right?”

 

Jinyoung can feel his eyes was watery. This kid was so pitiful. It's so painful to him to hear something like this from 5 years old kids. Jinyoung then hug Gyeoul tight. “Of course, I'll stay here. I'll make sure that you will leave this hospital and make a lot of friends out there.” Gyeoul smiling and hug him back. Jinyoung feels weird. He feels so peaceful and so comfortable. He also feels like his heart was full of emotion, just like when he meet Jaebeom after the break up. He feels like he found his love of life, but a lot stronger.

 

“Excuse me, Doctor Park. Patient on room number 8B got fever.” One of the nurse are interrupting his peaceful moments. He pull himself away from Gyeoul and look at him with a regretful eyes. Gyeoul smiled.

 

“It's okay, Doctor Park. I think I can sleep now.”

 

“Such a relief. I'll see you on the morning, yeah?” Jinyoung said placing a kiss on Gyeoul forehead and climb down the bed. He then smiling to Gyeoul again before close the door.

 

Some minutes after Jinyoung come out from the room, a man open the door again. He look so disheveled. His blonde hair was sticking all over direction because the amount of he running his finger on his hair. He still on his suit but his tie isn't on his neck, but sticking out from one of his pockets. His face was look tired but suddenly lit up when he saw Gyeoul on the bed, still wide awake. Gyeoul look at him before abruptly sit up.

 

“Papa!” Gyeoul called him excitedly. His father quickly lock the door behind him and walk to the bed.

 

“Why is my little Winter haven't sleep yet? Waiting for Papa?” the man, Mark Tuan is his name, put his suit jacket off and throw them on the couch not far from the bed.

 

“I can't sleep Papa~ I miss you so much.” Gyeoul climb out from the bed and place himself on Mark lap, hugging the man tightly.

 

“Wanna sleep with Papa?” Gyeoul nodded his head excitedly.

 

“Papa will sleep here? With Winter?” It was a habit. Whenever he was with his father or his grandparents, Gyeoul rarely use his Korean name. He has two name to be exact. Winter Tuan is his English name, and Park Gyeoul is his Korean name. Why the surname is different? His father said that Park is his mother surname, so he gave Gyeoul surname Park as his Korean name for the respect of his mother or so. Gyeoul don't really understand too. Whichever he be called, he like both.

 

“You want me to? But I haven't take a bath. Papa is stinky.”

 

“It's okay. I miss Papa so much. I want sleep with Papa all night long~”

 

Mark chuckles and then laying Gyeoul down to the bed. He then remove his shoes before laying down beside his son and hug him tightly.

 

“Okay little prince, Let's sleep.” Mark said kissing Gyeoul temple.

 

“Have a nice dream, Papa Prince.”

 

.

.

 

So, that's the first chapter. So what you think guys? It maybe not turn out as good as my imagination is, but I'll work hard to make this fiction not disappointing. Still.. Let me know in the comments below. Give me critique and suggestions please.