End

Just a Smoke

Seungri looks up from the screen of his computer just to see Jiyong - Kwon Jiyong, two years older than him, art major and Seungri’s crush of nine months now - stretch his arms up and let out a small yawn (looking absolutely adorable with a black beanie and a red sweather on). Seungri isn’t ashamed to admit he finds the guy freaking hot. He’s basically been drooling over him since Seunghyun had introduced them to each other (after pleading Seungri to meet Jiyong because “Oh my god, Ri, my two best friends need to know each other!” but also because “and by the way, he’s totally your type.”).

So he met Jiyong, making a fool of himself the very first second their eyes found each other, exactly when Seungri decided to trip on his own feet and land with his face on the ground (Seunghyun still never fails to bring that moment up when they have dinner together).

From that particular moment, Seungri knew he was going to embarass himself every time Kwon Jiyong would talk to him, or even glance at his direction. Seungri knows he’s clumsy, but with Jiyong around he has literally become the God of Destruction and if he even tries to look cool in front of 'cute-but-very-y' Jiyong he only ends up making it worse. He's not sure why he feels so insicure around him. He's pretty known for his confident and outgoing personality, especially around people Seungri is interested in - in that way. Maybe it's because Jiyong is just so attractive, with his extravagant clothes and colored hair, while Seungri doesn't really care about fashion, and the only time he dyed his hair it was because of a stupid bet he made with Seunghyun. He knows it's just dumb to have this kind of thoughts, but he just can't help but feel intimidated by the older.

However, Seungri is also pretty ambitious and he fully believes in the concept of carpe diem. So when Seunghyun asks him if he wants to join a study session in the university’s library he’s having with some of his friends, including Jiyong, he knows he can’t let this opportunity pass him by. Besides, he’s comfortable with some of Seunghyun’s friends - he knows Youngbae pretty well and they guy even treats Seungri to lunch sometimes (apparently he never had a younger friend he could take care of and now tha he has one he looks like he has found his new life purpose. Seungri runs when he sees him.), and he knows Daesung too because, well, Daesung is Seunghyun’s boyfriend and Seungri likes to think he’s their official third wheel - he doesn't like being one, but he's slowly getting used to it.

That’s the reason he finds himself sitting in front of none other than Jiyong himself, on a quiet night of December. He's not really studying - if reading the same sentence over and over for an entire hour can be considered studying. In fact, he's been looking at the screen in front of him trying to figure out how to make everyone leave the room so that he and Jiyong could finally be alone. 

The older, though, is stading up from his seat and Seungri is low-key panicking because he barely had the chance to talk to him in nine months and if the latter goes home now he thinks he’ll never have the courage to actually do it at this point.

“I’ll have a smoke. Be right back.” Jiyong ruffles his orange-ish hair after taking off his beanie (he leaves it on inside but takes it off to go outside?) and grabs his Marlboro pack of cigarettes from the pocket of his jacket. Seungri doesn’t know what his mind is telling him when he stands up suddenly says: “I’ll join you.” He ignores Youngbae’s confused stare and Seunghyun pathetic attempt to contain his laughter with his hand - he will get his revenge later - and looks at Jiyong, who simply smiles at him and says: “Let’s go then.” 

The air outside is pretty cold and Seungri can’t help but wrap his arms around himself. He’s quickly regretting the stupid decision to make Jiyong believe he smokes. He never even tried smoking and he knows he’s going to this up. 

“Here,” Jiyong mumbles softly and hands him a cigarette after putting one between his lips. Seungri thanks him, and he doesn’t know why they’re suddenly whispering but hopefully Jiyong is not going to hear the slight tremor of his voice.

Seungri watches as Jiyong lights up his cigarette before getting close to him and doing the same thing to Seungri’s one. And, really, Jiyong is supposed to look away, and, well, smoke the damn thing while Seungri tries to pretend he knows what he’s doing and most importantly pretend that the whole ‘coughing his lungs out’ is because of the cold weather and not, not, because he never smoked in his entire life. But Jiyong doesn’t look away, he just stares at him with a small smile that Seungri could have even returned if he wasn’t so panicked. He knows the older is gonna think he's an idiot and will never want to have anything to do with him again! His mind feels like a total mess right now and in the dramatic theatricality of the moment he ends up thinking that if he’s going to die, he will at least do it as a hero. So, as he brings the cigarette to his lips, he makes sure to look at Jiyong straight in the eyes. He doesn’t even know what he did wrong but obviously, a grimace on his face, and he’s suddenly bending over trying to stop coughing and maybe find a reason to keep on living. 

Jiyong immediately puts a hand on his back, Seungri doesn't know if he's trying to soothe him or waiting to beat him up, “I can’t believe you actually did it!”. His voice sounds surprised, and again, he is not sure he wants to understand but ends up speaking anyway. 

“Wait, what?”

“I know you don’t smoke.” 

Seungri covers his face with his hand and after a series of muttered "oh my god"s, prays the ground will swallow him alive because there’s no way he can face Jiyong after this. He thinks he can survive, maybe, if he manages to run away now and lock himself in his room and never, ever, go out again for two, or maybe three, years. Yes, that would work, he thinks and he's ready to- “Hey. Seungri, look at me.”

The younger can’t believe he just completely blew up every chance he had to make Jiyong even consider liking him. So when he shakes his head and hears Jiyong laughing two seconds after he suddenly feels a little hurt because, hey, he has a pride, and “Seriously? You find this funny?!”. The older looks a bit taken aback at his sudden outburst, but then his face relax and his small smile comes back, “Sorry. I just think you’re being adorable right now.” 

“Adorable?! Just how can you call this adora- wait. You think I’m adorable?“, Jiyong lets out a nervous laugh, “Yeah. I mean- I think you’re cute and, you know, I thought you were cute when we first met each other. I think you’re always... always cute. And, uhm, I liked you and I like you and then, Seunghyun started to tell everyone you like this guy and... yeah.” 

Seungri swears he can't believe Jiyong - Kwon Jiyong! - is blushing right now, and he's sure he must be dreaming because there's absolutely no way Jiyong reciprocates his feelings and has been doing it for all this time while Seungri did nothing but embarass himself - over and over again. "I...I mean," Seungri lets out a small huff, and, think of the right words to say because, yes, he likes Jiyong too and he can finally tell him and- "You don't have to say anything. I just...Seunghyun never tells me the guy's name and I started thinking that maybe he made everything up because you obviously don't like me and he doesn't want to hurt my feelings and-",

"Jiyong!", Seungri looks at the older with wide eyes, not so sure if he wants to kiss him or kick him for being so oblivious about Seungri's crush on him, "I like you." Once again, the younger doesn't know why he's suddenly whispering but he doesn't care because his crush has a crush on him and he's still too dumbfounded to even process the news. And Jiyong, he just looks up and stares at him with an adorable and hopeful expression and whisper, "You do?". He's getting closer and closer to Seungri and the latter is starting to have a problem controlling his heart rate. 

"Wait." Jiyong suddenly stops. He's very close now, the tip of their noses only few centimetres apart, "But... why do you turn quiet everytime I approach you and always find some excuse to leave? I started thinking you couldn't stand me." Oh, so Jiyong noticed that. "You're ing intimidating!".

Jiyong looks shocked when he splutters a perplexed "What?", 

"Seriously? You don't know? Everyone on campus wants to get to know you but they're too afraid to approach you! Do you even look at yourself in the mirror? You're so hot and you dress like a freaking superstar, not to mention you're an art kid and everyone knows-",

"Seungri," the older places a finger on his mouth, his confident and mischievous smile back on his face, his eyes locked with Seungri's, "Just...let me," and just like that, Jiyong kisses him. The kiss is gentle at first, and the older takes his time exploring Seungri's mouth as he places a hand on the latter's back and the other one on the back of his neck. The younger slides a hand between the strands of Jiyong's orange hair and runs his fingers through them. His head feels completely emptly if not for the endless Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyong that echoes in his mind and Seungri's sure he could kiss Jiyong forever, without ever stopping, if it means he's gonna endlessly feel the way he's feeling right now. The older pulls him even closer, lightly squeezing the right side of his waist and continues to give him what Seungri is sure to be the best kiss he's ever received-

"Hey Seungri, I know you love smoking but you I need you to help- oh, Oh! you guys! I mean- I'm sorry, just, keep going... I'm just going to-",

"Go away Seunghyun!!!".

 

--

I'm sorry this but the prompt was too cute. Seungri is so cute these days that I had to release my, you know, frustration.