1: The Writer

Forget-Me-Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyukjae’s POV

 

“Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.”

–John Steinbeck

 

I have dozens of inspiration in my head right now and I don’t know when and how to start.

 

I have ideas that I don’t know how to finish.

 

I have characters that I am not sure how to give life to it.

 

Actually, I have every fundamental but I still don’t know if I am writing a masterpiece of a piece of crap.

 

These are all the things that are running on my head every day.

 

Am I a good writer?

 

Are my books worthy to read?

 

Am I making any sense right now?

 

“Why were you scribbling again in the middle of my discussion Lee Hyukjae?” and I suddenly stop writing. I raise my head and look at the person who talked to me, “You do know that I am not one of your students, right Yesung Hyung?” I also asked him in case he forgot about it already. I tried to look around a little and noticed that there are only few students inside the room and Yesung Hyung—one of my friend is standing right in front of me.

 

He shook his head, “Then—why do you keep on asking Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, and I if you can seat in our classes?” He asked me again. This time, I fix my things already and also my round eyeglasses. “Kyuhyun teaches about Ethnomusicology (study of music), Leeteuk Hyung teaches about Political Science, while you teach about Botany (study of plants and flowers).” My friends are mostly teachers because I also graduated as an Educational Teacher but it feels like teaching is not my calling. “Yes—we are—so?” Yesung Hyung asked me one more time and I am doubting his intellectual capacity already.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter