Intro

Muster up Courage

“I’m back.” I whispered to myself as I breathed in the fresh air and stared at the school in front of me. It has been two years since I have seen this place…and him. Ever since the day that I arrived home with a twisted ankle and swollen face, my parents knew something was wrong. They immediately switched me to another school. Though I wasn’t ecstatic about my new school, it led to many changes in my life. I befriended a girl who helped me every step of the way, whether it dealt with bullies, how to dress or whatnot. She was like the fairy godmother in Cinderella. It was then that I realized how important outer appearances were. I lost the dorky glasses and replaced them with contacts. I was more conscious of my apparel and bought clothes that were in trend.  As for my braces, I finally was able to rid of them last month. I no longer feared bullies, I stood up to them. I wasn’t afraid of fighting either, my parents made me take a self-defense class after that bullying incident.

It was later that day during lunch that I heard his whereabouts.

“Kyahhh!  Yong Hwa oppa! Sit by me!” Screams of girls were heard throughout the cafeteria as I entered it.

“Yong…hwa?” I repeated slowly as I realized who that was. “Jung Yong Hwa!” I exclaimed. I quickly walked over to the crowd of girls and tried to get a look of his face, but the girls were just too aggressive, and in the end, I gave up.

Sitting outside on the benches with my lunch, I became puzzled as I thought of what just happened. When did Yong Hwa become so…popular?

“What are you talking about? Yong Hwa oppa has always been this popular. He’s like the dreamiest thing on Earth!” she squeals as I cover my ears and walk away.

That was the last I asked a fan girl about Jung Yong Hwa. So far, the only thing I’ve heard was that he’s hot, hot, hot, hot and hot. What happened to the facts? How did he become like this?

I guess I was too deep into thought that I accidentally bumped into someone.

“Ah, sorry I didn’t mean to.” I said as I bow my head.

“Yah watch where you’re going! Yong Hwa oppa! Are you okay?”

“Yong Hwa?” I say as I look up. My eyes widen as I realized I could no longer recognize the guy in front of me from two years ago. He looked completely different…

“Oh I see, you must like oppa too don’t you? Is that why you pretended to bump into him? Just so you could get him to notice you? Huh? Huh?” says one of the fan girls.

I stare the girl straight in the eye. “For your information, I really did accidentally bump into him and I do know Jung Yong Hwa.” I avert my gaze to Jung Yong Hwa.

“Do you remember who I am? I’m-“

“Look, I don’t have time for this. I don’t know who you are so will you please move out of the way?”

The fan girl sneered as she roughly pushed me aside.

-------------

ohoho well i guess it's gonna end soon. so yeah. short story...not a fic haha.