LET'S GET INTIMATE WITH KATSUMI_IO....

INTERVIEW OF KATSUMI_IO....

PART 2 ALL ABOUT WRITING FANFICTIONS……………

TINA: How and when did you decide to be a fanfic author?
KATSUMI: I’ve never written fanfic before I joined AFF, but I loved writing stories. When I learned that Jaejoong was coming to our country last Nov 2017, all the heartache from their split came back. After all these years, I didn’t know I was trying to push down these feelings of pain and hurt, so as sort of healing for myself, I wrote “Only Good Times.” It’s my baby now.

TINA: What made you to sit down and actually write something?
KATSUMI: I wanted to let go of the hurt I was holding onto.

TINA: What is the first fanfic you completed?
KATSUMI: Upon checking the list, gosh it’s a rated XXX fic. LOL. It’s a two-shot,A Night You Won’t Remember.

TINA: How did you get your idea for your first fanfic?
KATSUMI: My first fanfic is Only Good Times. I wanted a world where YunJae is happily together and all five of them are in good terms.

TINA: Have you had any prior experience of writing before your first fanfic?
KATSUMI: Yes, I love making stories. I used to make manga-style comics too. Mostly Boys’ Love.

TINA: Have you ever plagued by doubts on your storyline?
KATSUMI: Yes, I think anyone would doubt their storyline at one point.

TINA: How did you promote your fanfic to readers?
KATSUMI: I tried to update weekly when I started.

TINA: Have you ever been anxious about how the readers receive your story?
KATSUMI: VERY MUCH. Always. Always. Feedback assures you that you are doing well.

TINA: Thoughts on how you felt when you see the first comment on the first story? Do remember who is the first commenter?
KATSUMI: I checked and it’s Neng2ovid. Precious reader! (;A;) They commented, “beautiful story. Please continue.” And it gave me motivation. Thank you!

TINA: How do you prepare yourself before writing a fanfic?
KATSUMI: I just pull my phone out and write there

TINA: Do you work out plot line or do you prefer to see where your ideas or inspiration take you?
KATSUMI: I make a general outline for the plot. Then the scenes come as I write. Sometimes I stare at the screen for hours with nothing written.

TINA: When and how does your inspiration or muse come to you?
KATSUMI: At random times. Almost anywhere

TINA: What is the weirdest place you were struck by inspiration for your fanfic? Did you write the plot?
If yes what is the title of the fanfic?
KATSUMI: Hmm.. When we got a new cat that was so afraid and thin, but was so beautiful. I wanted to write Yunho as a vet and he picks up a scared, thin cat that he befriends and gets attached to him. Little did he know, the cat actually transforms into a man – Jaejoong, of course. HAHA. A scene goes:
        Yunho whilst preparing cat food began to wonder aloud, “I should give you a name… Hmmm, because of your coat… I think Silver sounds nice?”
“It’s Jaejoong.” He hears a crisp voice behind him and turns around to find a man – albeit the most beautiful thing he had seen – A . Man. Sitting on his kitchen counter. He gawks at the sight.
“My name is Jaejoong,” the creature repeats.

HAHA. I have not written this and have no plans to.

TINA: How much research do you do for your story?
KATSUMI: For Only Good Times, I did a hell of a research, like a madwoman. Because the story is non-AU, it’s based on their real timeline and is full of YunJae moments. I have many pages of notes for this story, and an excel file for the timeline and things the five of them said for the past 10 years.

TINA: What is the easiest part of writing?
KATSUMI: When your muse is flowing and running wild. It’s fun to write during that.

TINA: What is the hardest part of writing a story?
KATSUMI: It’s difficult when your inspiration is gone. Or when people don’t seem to respond to the story much.

TINA: The writer’s worst nightmare the dreaded writer’s block.
When is the worst writer’s block you ever had? How did you overcome it?
KATSUMI: I am having writer’s block right now… That’s why this interview came at the right time! Hehe.

TINA: Any useful tips on how to overcome the writer’s block?
KATSUMI: Get yourself away from the fanfics for a while. Relax and recharge. I need to follow this advice too.

TINA: Have you written any collaboration with other author’s? If yes name of the fanfic.
KATSUMI: Not yet. But I really want to.

TINA: How do you describe your writing style? Do you think you have your own personal writing style?
KATSUMI: Hmm.. My writing is very direct/straight forward. Because when I myself read, I have little attention span and can’t read lengthy scenes… So my writing is more of what is actually happening than descriptions or feelings. I’m a bad writer aren’t I? I’m sorry

TINA: How do you think you have evolved creatively throughout the years? Do you notice any change in the way you write?
KATSUMI: I’m trying to be more descriptive with my stories recently.

TINA: How important are readers and their comments?
KATSUMI: Very very important. I’m always excited to read comments. When readers seem to have no interest in our stories, or hate it even (hate comments are painful),we might as well save the effort and just keep the stories in our heads or in the drafts.
I do remember the ones who leave comments and it feels sad when they don’t show up in the next chapter. I have favorite readers who have disappeared now, and I’m really sad.
I’ll take this opportunity to thank my lovely readers who are very supportive. Special shout-out to: Nwh-gem, you’re the best!!! Cherrynis, you are precious! Akira, my good friend, I love you!<3

TINA: I have been a silent reader for few months before taking the steps to comment..
Any words for silent readers?
KATSUMI: Please say some good words to your authors, it really boosts their motivation and confidence. Even just saying you liked a chapter or looking forward to the next is nice. Honestly, when there are no comments, it feels like no one is reading the story…

TINA: Do you read other yunjae fanfics? If yes name of the fanfic you loved?
KATSUMI: I do read yunjae fanfics when I have time or want to relax. I think Dong Bang Disney by BeautifulBolero is my recent fave. I’m a er for comedy/crackfics. Also, shout-out to habitate for making funny fics! I love you

TINA: Are you friends with any other author’s?
KATSUMI: AkiraKiyosawa is my closest author friend and I love her. I have more in my friends list because I like making friends with those who write. I like making friends with yunjae fans in general 😊

TINA: How do you make your stories standout when there are heaps of other stories with similar plot lines?
KATSUMI: Hmm… I don’t know. Please support my fics. lol

TINA: Has anyone stole your story and published under their name?
KATSUMI: No.

TINA: Thoughts on others stealing your work?
KATSUMI: Please don’t.

TINA: How do you manage your time between your daily activities and updating stories?
KATSUMI: I have difficulty managing this. I write at work just to update stories, but this is not healthy. I also don’t see my boyfriend much anymore haha.

TINA: Do you have any favorite time of the day to write stories?
KATSUMI: Late at night.

TINA:  Your favorite genre to write?
KATSUMI: Sweet romance. I don’t like sad endings or tragedy.

ALL ABOUT STORIES.....

TINA: What is the inspiration behind the fanfic “A NIGHT HE WON’T REMEMBER”?
KATSUMI: OH! This is my rated XXX fic haha. It’s a birthday fic. I wanted YunJae to have a good time.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic “PRIVATE KIM”?
KATSUMI: Good lord! This is another rated fic. Private Kim is the scene in Only Good Times. You can read it as a one-shot. And if you liked it, you can find the whole chapter, also titled ‘Private Kim’, in Only Good Times for more yunjae moments. Yep, you can read the chapter on its own too.

TINA: Of all the stories you wrote,is there any fanfic that has a very special place in your heart..if yes name of the fanfic and why
KATSUMI: Only Good Times is my baby. I joined AFF because of this. And out of all the fics, I put most effort into this one.

TINA: Still writing or have you stopped now?
KATSUMI: I still write.

TINA: Any future yunjae fanfics you are working on currently?
KATSUMI: I have tons of stories that need to be written. I have an omega verse in mind and a soulmate au, and a bunch of oneshots. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time nor the skill to complete everything…

All ABOUT ....

TINA: Tell us why are we so interested in reading taboo topics when it comes to yunjae?Ex. ,cheating,home wrecker etc.
KATSUMI: I guess in any situation,YunJae will be perfect for each other

TINA: How difficult or easy is writing ?
KATSUMI: It’s not easy because my brain gets fried writing , and I get stuck thinking how to refer to the man’s thing. There are only so much words used for it, you know. So I have to write these fics over the course of a few days.

TINA: Do you blush or get embarrassed while writing ?
KATSUMI: No. But I don’t read my work once done. Correction, I -cannot- read them since I get extremely embarrassed. Write and forget! That’s my motto on .

TINA: How do you write the scene? What is the inspiration?
KATSUMI: Hmm.. Maybe all the I’ve read in mangas and fanfics since I was 12 or 13. Haha!

TINA: Have you ever watched GV(gay videos) before writing a scene?
KATSUMI: No. I’m erted enough to make up stuff

TINA: Has any family member or friends have ever walked on you while writing a scene?
KATSUMI: My skill is writing in public with a poker face on.

TINA: Thoughts after writing your first ever scene?
KATSUMI: I liked it lol.

TINA: What is the secret of writing a scene that turns on your readers?
KATSUMI: Hmm.. Make it sensual and just don’t plug and play.

TINA: it is so heart breaking when u see your favorite authors deleting their journals or accounts,taking away the chance to reread some of your favorite stories..and having those wonderful stories lost..Have you anytime in future have plans on deleting your journal?
KATSUMI: No, unless people start to hate me or something. This is what I say about making your authors feel appreciated. Fanfic authors don’t get paid on publishing stories so there’s nothing to hold them back from disappearing. What will keep authors alive is having readers who enjoy their stories.

TINA: Any words for the readers?
KATSUMI: Thank you again for reading this interview! I’m a new author but I loved the boys for 10 years, so if you love them too, for sure we’ll get along. So far, I’m enjoying the community and met lots of good friends and yunjae fans already. I hope this goes on. ^^

END OF PART 2.