II.

Piece

-Years ago-

A piano.

A tall man smiling at her.

A beautiful woman patting her back.


"No!" Dahyun shouted as she woke up from a deep sleep. Heavy breaths coming out from . 

'What was that...' She thought. 

Dahyun stood up from her bed. Rubbing off the sleepiness in her eyes, as she yawned. Everything don't seem to be normal.

Yes, She's in her house, the sun's shining. But the curtains were overshadowing it, the darkness were stronger. It's like she 's a vampire that'll die because of a sunlight. It was dark and...

And she's alone...

"Mom? Dad?" She softly called, trying to get a hint of her parents' voice. 

But no one responded.

"Mom! Dad!" This time, she called out louder. Tears already forming in her eyes out of nervousness. "Where are you!" She shouted, trying to calm herself down.

She searched all over the place. But there was no clue. There was no one, but her.

She was hopeless, the poor kid was hopeless, she sobbed, she sobbed hard, hoping she would wake up from a dream, hoping she would wake up from the worst nightmare that she's afraid of. 

After hours of crying and calling out, Dahyun finally got up from the floor. She quickly changed her clothes, and put on her shoes. 

As she opened the door she saw a letter on the floor. She stared at it for a moment, scared of what's inside.

But when she saw her name written in the envelope she quickly picked it up.


'Kim Dahyun. All of your necessities are inside your home. You're a teen now, a grown-up. It's time to be responsible for yourself. Your Mother and Father always loved you, too sad they went up there earlier, and you didn't even get to see them bid their goodbye to the world. Poor child. Take care of yourself, and try not to bother looking for us Dahyun. Goodbye!"

Dahyun's tears started rolling down as she crumpled the paper. She was so angry, she was so sad, that she started to punch the ground with her bare hands.

"Hey! Hey No!!!" She heard a soft voice approach her.

Yet she didn't stop, she continued hurting herself, but this time, she's punching harder.

"I said stop!" The girl shouted. 

Dahyun stopped. She was panting. 

"Look at your hands dummy! They're bleeding! Come on, I'll bring you to my mom." The girl offered, cupping Dahyun's cheek before she held her wrist and made her follow.

Dahyun stayed quiet, she felt numb. She felt no pain, she was already hurt, nothing can hurt her more than how life did. Nothing's gonna hurt more than loosing your parents, at a very young age.


"Mom! I have a friend here and she's injured!" The girl shouted opening the front door.

"What? Who?" A middle aged woman answered, looking so concerned.

"I- I'm okay." Dahyun answered, her voice cracking.

"Let me see your hand." The lady said, gently pulling both of Dahyun's hands.

"Oh my God what did you do?!" The lady half shouted, looking shocked as she saw the broken knuckles of the young girl in front of her.

"I was going home from my music class when I saw her crying, and punching the ground so hard. I tried to stop her but she was so stubborn." The other girl mumbled.

"Okay, let me fix these..." The lady stated as she let out a heavy sigh.

Dahyun looked at the girl beside her seating, she looked at her nervously.

"Don't worry, my Mom is a Doctor." The girl whispered, giving Dahyun a soft smile, and a wink.

-----
"Annnddd, done!" The lady softly smiled, gently rubbing Dahyun's knuckles, adding "Don't do such thing again huh?"

"Sana can you lead her to her way home? Her parents might be--

"Stop!" Dahyun suddenly shouted, leaving the two startled.

"There's no one waiting for me! There's no one inside that house! I am alone! They all left me alone!" Dahyun started crying again, but just before her tears get harder, she felt two pairs of arms wrapped around her. Warm arms that made her feel she's safe and secured.

-------
"Goodmorning! Let's go! My mom cooked breakfast." The girl cheerfully said pulling Dahyun's blanket.
--------
"Goodmorning." The lady smiled, preparing the foods.

"Goodmorning to you too Mrs...-

"Mrs. Minatozaki." The lady smiled.

"Yes Goodmorning Mrs. Minazatoki, Minatokiza, Mi-Mi--

The lady softly chuckled at the girl's silliness. 

"This is Sana, Sana Minatozaki, and she's 11. How about you? Can you tell anything about yourself?" 

"I- uh- I am Kim Dahyun, 10..." Dahyun murmured.
------

Dahyun became close to the family. They made her feel that she's welcome, they opened their arms to her, they listened to Dahyun's story, and most of all, they made her feel that she has a family again.

-------

"Dahyun-ah do you have like something you play? Are you into music?" Sana broke the silence making Dahyun look up from her book.

"Uhh... I don't know..." She denied, then returned her focus on the book.

"What do you mean you don't know? You always don't know anything I ask you, you dummy!" Sana whined.

"Okay fine..." Dahyun sighed. "I play the piano."

"Nooooo waaaayyy!" Sana said in amusement, eyes wide. "That's so cooool!"

"How is that cool..." Dahyun answered in a bored tone.

"Cause I play it too!" Sana chuckled.

"You do?!" Dahyun finally focused her attention on Sana who's smiling cutely at her. 

"Yep! But I'm not good, I only play nursery rhymes it's embarrassing." Sana whined adding, "it's really hard." As her face turned into a frown.

Dahyun only nodded, as she mumbled "I'm sleepy." 

"How about you teach me?" Sana cheerfully said.

"Sana no. I'm busy with school."

"How about summer?"

"Summer classes."

"Dahyunnie you're being unfair."

"Get a lesson, you're rich."

"No! I want a lesson from you!"

"No Sana."

"I won't give you cuddles anymore."

"Then don't."

"I'll treat you icecream!"

"Sana it's winter."

"How can I make you teach me?"

"Don't leave me." Dahyun looked at Sana. "Don't leave me like what others did."

"But that's too easy---

"To leave me. Yes. Maybe it's too easy for people to leave me." Dahyun stated, resting her chin on her palm, looking at the window.

"No Dahyunnie, it's too easy to stay with you... It's not even a challenge." Sana said softly, making her way closer to Dahyun whose eyes are getting blurry because of tears.

"You don't unders--
"I do understand dummy."

"How? Why?" 

"Because you're my favorite person." Sana looked at the younger's eyes, wiping a teardrop that fell on her ocean eyes.

"Let's make this a pinky promise!" Sana softly said, showing her pinky to the girl in front of her.

"I promise, to the moon and back, cross my heart, hope to die, that I will never leave Kim Dahyun and we'll stay together for a long long long long time, til we graduate college, til we get our degree and til I learn how to play the piano!" Sana recited, looking all confident and soft.

"Pinky promise?" Dahyun asked, her eyes turning soft.

"Pinky promise." Sana responded.

-----
"Why is this so hard I wanna quit."

"You sure wanna quit Miss Minatozaki?"

"I wanna quit."

"Then no cuddl-

"Who said I wanna quit? No I don't! Piano is my friend!"
-----
"Seriously this is so hard. My wrists hurt."

"Wanna stop?"

"No I'm not stopping! I can do this!"
-----
"SANA!!!"

"DAHYUN!!!"

"YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU COULD SING! I'M SO ANGRY AT YOU!"

"NO I DON'T WANT YOU TO TEASE ME TO SING FOR YOU EVERYNIGHT THAT IS TIRING!"

"ALL YOU DO IS LIE!"

"EXCUSE ME YOU DIDN'T ASK ANYTHING ABOUT ME AND I THOUGHT YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED!"

"NO! ALL YOU DO IS LIE! I'M SO MAD AT YOU! I'M NOT SLEEPING HERE TONIGHT!"

"WHY ARE YOU SO MAD? WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME?"

"BUT YOU ARE TOO!"

"NO I AM NOT MAD! I AM JUST LOUD!"

"ME TOO!"

"Kids? Please calm down..."

"Sorry mom."
-----
"Why is your voice so angelic Sana-unnie?"

"Ignoring the question and adding another question, what did you just call me?"

"uhh I forgot, I called you a shiba??"

"I'm not talking to you goodbye Dahyun."

"HAHA, I called you Sana-unnie, did I flutter you?"

"No why would you."

"Cause your favorite person is calling you unnie?"

"That's literally 3 years ago and you're 13 stop being a child!"

"No cuddles---

"Yes Dahyunnie you're my favorite person you're so cute I always wanna keep you in my pocket, and play with your hair til you fall asleep as I watch you take a trip on Dreamland."

"Okay you need to stop. But really, how can someone's voice be so angelic?"

"Maybe because my pianist is so good that my voice blends really well with the piece?"

"ooOooh you can be smart too, sometimes."

"I'm abandoning you."

"Try me."

"No I'm not gonna leave you please stop making me eat my words."
-----
"Morning!"

"Morning Sana..."

"You look sleepy, you didn't sleep well?"

"uhh no, I kinda wanted to write a song that I can't get off my head... And so I did."

"You're done with it? I wanna listen!"

"I'm like, done with some parts and I need you to help me."

"At your service ma'am."

"You're cute, you know that right?"

"I-I'm fluttered.."
-----
Dear moon, Why are you so far away?
I always hoped for your touch, everynight and day
But I can't reach you, and you don't notice me
Maybe because I'm not the only one who shares your light
-----
"Sana-unnie? I wanna ask you a question, you awake?"

"You woke me up, what is it?" 

"Uhh, what if one day, we have to part?"

"Then I won't let that day come..."

"But you know you can't do that right?"

"I know, but maybe I can when that happens. I'm dangerous, the world must not do anything that might get me angry."

"You will get angry if we part? Why not just let me go?" 

"Cause you're my favorite person."

"You still say that? Ew cheesy."

"Ain't it you who uses that phrase to defend yourself?"

"But do you still hold onto that?"

"Yes, maybe because you're still as charming as the first time I met you?"

"I am charming?"

"Other than cute? Yes you are."

"Should I punch the floor always so I could be charming?"

"No dummy, I will never forgive you if you hurt yourself again."

"Okay ma'am. But atleast, I didn't get an ugly first impression. Hey Sana, another question."

"Hmm?"

"I know I'm young... But I read on a book, when you feel butterflies playing around in your stomach, that means you're inlove."

"And why's that?"

"I'm kinda feeling that everyday when I'm with you, especially when you're singing along with my piano..."

"Hey Sana?"

"Sana."

"Night Night Sana."
-----
Dear Moon, please give me a chance
Please notice me, i'll accept even a glance
Please make my wish come true
And I promise I'll make it up to you

-------
"Want some cookies?" Sana asked as she saw Dahyun enter the room rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Please not burnt cookies." Dahyun chuckled.

"Hey! I never gave you burnt cookies! I ate them myself!" Sana whined, giving Dahyun a hit on her shoulder.

"Okay then, please Baker Sana." Dahyun teased.

"About last night." Sana started.

"Ohhh the butterflies... You feel that too?" Dahyun asked curiously.

"Uhh, a-always..."

"OMG SANA-UNNIE ARE YOU INLOVE WITH ME?" 

"I- are you inlove with me?"

"I don't know... I'm 14, and confused... But maybe I am..."

"You are?" Sana asked looking shy.

"I love you." Dahyun teased.

"sTOOOOPP!!" Sana whined, blushing real red.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."
------
Does it reach you? Do you feel me?
I'm trying to send you a message
I message that I hope you feel too
Dear Moon, I love you.

------
"SANA!!!"

"Hmm?"

"Let's go to the park?"

"I'm sorry Dahyunnie, I just don't feel like going anywhere."

"And why is that?"

"I-uh you can't know..."

"Okay, I'm just downstairs, playing the piano, if you need me just ask."

"No. Can you stay with me here?"

"You're being grumpy today so probably not?"

"Sing me a song."

"I--

Dahyun felt Sana hug her back, and bury her face in Dahyun's neck.
-------
But I think you don't feel it.
Maybe the world doesn't work that way
Maybe you're really so far away
And you're already somebody else's light

-------
Dahyun just got home from class. She was all smiley and cheerful. She was excited to see Sana after a day full of work.

That's until she heard soft sobs from Sana's room.

"Why can't we just live here? You're being selfish mom!"

"Sana, you know we can't, we're not from here."

"But we can't leave! Dahyun! What will happen to Dahyun!"

"She's gonna be fine, Sana there is no happy ending, I'm so sorry."

"Or maybe we can go with her, I'm sure she'll agree!"

"Sana she's someone else's child!! I don't own her!"

"Then I'm not going with you either! I will stay here! I made a promise! I will never leave her!"

Dahyun softly smiled, feeling tears falling down her eyes, accepting defeat. This is the day she feared the most, the day the world decides for them, that they should let each other go.

Dahyun pretended to open the door again, loudly, so the Minatozakis will know that they should stop arguing.

"Dahyunnie, you're already here? You're early today!" Mrs. Minatozaki asked.

"Yes mom, by the way is Sana not home yet?"

"Uhh, how about go with me at the supermarket? I wanna cook something nice. Game?"

"Yes sure!"
------
I love your light, I live for your light
------
"Morning Sana!"

"Morning Dahyun..."

"No Dahyunnie today? What's wrong?"

"Everything."
------
You shine for everyone, why would I be special?
------

The moment Dahyun got home, Sana was already asleep. She stared at the sleeping girl for a minute before she put her books on the table, and decided to lay down on the bed.

As she lay down, staring at the empty ceiling, she felt her heart slowly breaking, there was a feeling of pain. She stared at Sana's back once again, turned her look at the ceiling, and closed her eyes, letting her tears fall.

"We didn't even finish writing the song, why leave so early?" She whispered to herself.
-------
So tired of hoping, so tired of waiting.
Maybe you're not for me, and I'm not for you.
But my heart doesn't stop beating fast, it's always calling you.

--------
"Sana-unnie, treat me icecream? It's been awhile!"

"Dahyunnie it's winter."

"I want icecream though..."

"Stop frowning let's buy."

"Finally..."

"Finally what?"

"You're talking to me."

"I'm always talking to you."

"All you do is lie."

"What are you talking about? Please be less vague?"

"You're acting cold towards your favorite person Sana-unnie, and I understand that."
"And I was actually kidding, it's winter and I have a cold, I'm not in a mood for icecream. Sorry for bothering you, see you at home!"
--------
Maybe, maybe I should let go.
It's hard I'm afraid
But if it makes you happier
I'll gladly do
--------

"Dahyunnie, I'm so sorry about what happened earlier. I didn't really notice that I'm really ignoring you..."

"How about the butterflies in your stomach? Do you still feel them?"

"Always."

"Then I'm good."
--------
Hearing you say that you love me is already enough.
--------
"SANA!!!!"

"hmm?"

"I FINISHED THE SONG!"

"Really?! That's great! I wanna listen!"

"From now on, this will be our song, our own piece."

"Okay :)"
-------
Seven
-------
"There's just something in this song that soothes me." Sana said softly, leaning her head on Dahyun's shoulder who's playing the piano.

"Maybe because our hearts wrote it together." Dahyun replied, stopping to hold Sana's hand.
-------
Six
-------
"Park?"

"Park."

"Icecream?"

"Icecream."

"Let's go?"

"Let's go."

"Remember our Pinky Promise?"

"..."
"I- I won't f-forget."
------
Five
------
"Do you feel your pet butterflies right now?"

"Yes, I think they're playing again."

"Mine too, but they just play whenever you're with me."
-------
Four
-------
"Mom where's Dahyunnie?"

"I think she's at the garden, playing the piano."

"But she's not there."

"Oh maybe she's at the park, she goes there everyday right?"

"Is she alone?"

"Yes maybe cause you're not with her?"

"Then what happens if I leave?"
-------
Three
-------
"Hey why are you here?"

"You always go here alone, not with me... I'm jealous."

"You are?"

"Yeah."

"And why's that?"

"Cause you're my favorite person."

"I still am?"

"You always are."
-------
Two
-------
Sana walked inside Dahyun's house. Dahyun told her that after school she'd be going to her original home to visit, no one.

The house was big, and wide. Searching every room, Dahyun was nowhere to be found.

Until Sana heard sobs. From soft to hard sobs. 

"Dahyunnie!" She panicked, hearing the sobs she already knew it was Dahyun. It's already hurting her, hearing the girl cry.

She quickly entered the closet, and there was Dahyun. Hugging her knees, crying so hard.

Sana approached Dahyun with a hug. Calming the girl down. She doesn't need an explanation, she don't wanna hear anything, right now, she just wants to do everything to stop her favorite person from crying.

"Five days left." Dahyun murmured, as she hugged Sana tighter.

Sana felt numbness after hearing what Dahyun have said. Her heart dropped, as her tears did. 

She was lost, guilty, she was already hurting Dahyun without knowing. And she wants to hurt herself so bad for doing it.

"I'm sorry Dahyunnie I can't do anything about it." She sobbed, hugging Dahyun as tight as she could.

"Pinky promises can be broken too, and I understand that."
------
One
------
One last time. They tried to be happy, even if it's pretend. They needed to.

Mrs. Minatozaki has already talked to Dahyun, making it clear for the younger, feeling guilt with every words she said, she didn't wanna let go of the girl, but she has no right to keep her.

Sana and Dahyun was enjoying their Icecream, on a cold weather, walking at the park. They were all smiley and cheerful. Right after the icecream date, they went straight back home, with Dahyun rushing to the piano, and Sana getting cookies from the oven.

"The usual piece madam."

And one last time, they sang to their own song, feeling every single lyric that their own hearts wrote, the pinky promise that they will never keep, and the love they will never forget.

"Sana-unnie."

"Hmm?"

"I want you to make another Pinky Promise."

"Hmm?"

"I don't want you to force yourself on taking care of those butterflies in your stomach. Let them fly away if they should."

"Hmm..."

"Are you sleepy?"

"Hmm..."

"Last night night then..."
------
 

The moment Sana was awake, no one was beside her, no trace of Dahyun, only a piece of paper was there.

Reading the note, tears continuously flow down her eyes. She hugged the paper to her chest, leaving it crampled and wet from her tears.

"The pinky promise that we made last night. I hope you break it too."

"Sana-unnie, four years was a blast for me, not enough but I think it was for the world. You made me feel the love that I've lost long ago. You even gave me pet butterflies living in my stomach. I'm so glad that I met you, I'm so glad that I punched that floor."

"When you come back, you'll always find me here. Playing the piano, waiting for you, while playing our own song."

"Always look at the sky, and appreciate the beautiful moon."

"Always think of me."

"I love you."
--------
-Years later-

"I'll wait for you Sana..."

Dahyun gets up from her bed, panting. That dream again, Sana again. It's been almost 7 years and she still hasn't moved on. Well? She can't.

Here she is, doing music, to live.

A large house, but a ramen for dinner. That's how she lives.

She peaked at her windowsill, looking blocks away. She saw a lady, making her way outside her house, and near the lady's house was Sana's old home, where the old piano is at.

"That lady again, waaahh, she's so pretty I can feel butterflies in my stomach." She murmured as she rubbed her eyes.

After loosing the lady that she was looking at, her eyes turned to that piano. It's been awhilse since she walked blocks just to play it, 5 years? That's pretty long.

"How 'bout let's have fun tonight and recall the memories me and Sana made?" She softly smiled at herself.
-------
"Goodmorning Mrs... Feed the dogs?" Sana offered, smiling widely at an old lady who's fedding her dogs.

"What a nice child you are! You're really an angel sent from above!" The old lady responded, patting Sana's head.

Sana quickly dropped her hand bag just to get the heavy bag of dog food the lady was carrying. But a big familiar house caught her attention, it always does but she has no guts to ask about the person inside it.

But this day, it's different.

"May I ask you a question? Since I moved in I really got curious about that house, and the person who's living there."

"Oh sweetie no one lives there! I heard the owners of the house passed away 7 years ago, leaving their poor child alone, and somehow, the kid found a new home and after that I never really got an update about her current life."

"Hmm... Do you now see a person enter or leave the house?" 

"No. But there are still a relative who owns the house I think, and the Company that the Father of the kid used to run."

Sana nodded in agreement. 

"I'm getting late for work, see you later!" Sana shouted.

"Take care of yourself!" The old lady shouted back.
-------
After hearing such words, Sana lost hope, making her way slowly to the halls of the building, wearing a frown.

"Dahyunnie where are you?" She murmured. 

It's only been a month since she moved back, and from day one all she did was to look for Dahyun. She hold onto the promise that she'll comeback to Dahyun who will be waiting at her in Sana's old home, playing the piano. But that Dahyun who's waiting at her doesn't seem to exist.

Everynight it was Sana who waited for her at the house, she even decorated the garden with fairy lights so Dahyun will know that someone's there.

Everynight she pathetically waits at an empty abandoned building, thinking that Dahyun might pop up somewhere.

The park that they always go to when they were young, was already closed.

She was loosing hope, but no. She won't give up, it's only been a month since she got here, the pain she left Dahyun was more than this.
------------------

Dahyun cooked her dinner and ate. Kinda craving for beer so she dressed up, put on a large hoodie and went to the convinience store. She bought cans of beer and a bag of cheeseballs, she didn't want to go straight home and she let the stars guide her for atleast this night, just once. 

She sighed relief as she looked up admiring the stars and watching smoke come out off as she breathe, letting the cold air hug her warm body. She saw bulbs hanging off a thread, colorful lights made her smile dumbly, and as she looked to her right there's her home. 

She remembered what she said earlier. "Sana's house."

She giggled as she saw the piano displayed at the front of the house, gathered by grasses, keys guided by fairy lights and as she sat and opened her first beer, she looked up and said.

"Just this night, I'll try to remember everything." she then softly smiled.

Drinking half of the can, she finally hit a note. Nostalgia leading her fingers to every key she's pressing, her heart clenching at the music she's playing.

The piece she was playing was from her childhood, when everything was in order, when everything is fine, when she was okay, before she got dragged into this nightmare that turned her into a darker person.

The piece she loved the most, taught by the person she treasured. 

She suddenly stopped playing.

"Come back.... I need you right now.. I need you to hug me and tell me everything's fine..." She murmured, tears flowing down her eyes.

She unstoppably drank the remaining alcohol in her first can, then layed her head on the keys, making a slight noise. 

She saw her as a teen playing the piece, and another beside her, singing, her mind can clearly hear the voice. She saw the girl pat her head, and pinky sweared with her. 

"I'll never leave you Dahyun-ah. I can never leave you too Sana-ya." She weakly mumbled, a smile appearing on her face as she stretched her arm hoping to hold the memory that turned into a smoke as she laid her hands on. 

Tears started falling her eyes again. "I still treasure your promise Sana-unnie.. Where are you?" she said, her eyes getting blurry because of the tears. 

She sat up and fixed her posture once again. She look at her hands, shaking, she tried to calm down. And as she hit the first key once again, she was so filled that she kept pressing them harder with loud childish sobs, not caring about the neighbours sleeping. Her emotions wasa bursting that she felt angry, sad, and all. 

 

*

Sana was so tired as she walk herself home. Still waiting for fate to make it's move, going to a closed company trying to wait for someone. 

She stopped and sighed. "Kim Dahyun-ah where are you?" She mumbled weakly. Then continued walking. She looked at the stars while walking, adoring their existence as she questioned how are they dead. 

"Will I still shine when I'm dead?" She chuckled. But no one responded. Ofcourse. She kept walking and walking until she saw colorful lights hanging off a thread, she smiled at the view. 

She continued walking but she heard something familiar, something so so so familiar that she had to stop to hear it clearly. 

She then started humming, looking for a sign of where the melody is coming from. 

She walked few more steps then she saw a girl sitting on it's back playing the piano. 

"I- I know this" she mumbled. She quickly made her way to the house and stopped as she heard loud sobs.

The girl also stopped. All that was left was the sound of pain coming out of her. Clenching Sana's heart leading her feet to move closer to the girl.

"By a-any chance.." She stuttered. But the girl seemed to hear.

She looked to where Sana is standing.

Sana froze.

"D-Dahyun?" She stuttered. But Dahyun looked confused, "Dahyun it's unnie... Sana unnie!" She cleared, weakly giving Dahyun her pinky finger.

Dahyun just looked at her, still crying.The girl she'd been wanting to meet. The girl she's whipped for, is the girl who made her feel loved the times she was so numb, was the girl who taught her the piece. She can't hold it anymore, she jumped on her feet and pulled Sana in her arms. 

"Where were you?" She said in between sobs.

"I'm sorry it took so long Dahyunie, I finally found you" Sana said softly, hugging the girl as tight as she could.

"Don't ever leave me again. I need you. I thought I can accept it, I thought I can let you go but I just can't!" Dahyun murmured burrying her head on Sana's neck.

"Forgive me Dahyunie, I promise I won't do that again. I will hold to the promise again." Sana said. 

As Dahyun calmed down, Sana pulled her to sit once again. 

"The usual piece madame." She giggled.

"You'll sing." Dahyun smiled.

Hitting the first key for the third time, it seemed so soft and light. The first one was empty, the second one was heavy. But this time, it was so complete that the pain was replaced with a smile.

As Dahyun finished the piece with a smile, Sana stood up to pat her head. 

"Where's the pinky promise tho?" Dahyun pouted.

Sana just smiled at her and intertwined her pinky with Dahyun's. "I promise I'll never leave you again, you'll still be and forever will be my favorite person. And, the butterflies in my stomach will stay here forever. " Sana softly said and pulled Dahyun to stand up. Soon after their eyes met, snow came, longing visible in their eyes.

 Dahyun tiptoed for a kiss, a soft kiss that melted the weight Sana's been carrying on her back, a soft kiss that placed Dahyun's stars in order again.

A soft kiss that told them nothing's gonna go wrong again.

"Icecream?"

"It's winter."