Sugar Free Please

Sugar Free Please

 

    Yoongi, the name he went by, walked inside the effulgent lights of the shop. It was a chilly morning and to escape the cold air outside, Yoongi had decided to warm up in a small coffee shop downtown. He enjoyed coffee, and sipping it on a cold day as this one would hopefully warm him up. Almost immediately as he entered, he caught the warm whiff of coffee brewing and the sweet scent of vanilla and chocolate pastries. The aromas entering his view would have almost made him smile if it weren’t his status he had to maintain.

    He looked to his side to see a table occupied with a lovely couple who were relishing the warmth of the cafe and their pastries. Yoongi stared, unable to look away as one of the males with blonde hair had clumsily spilled his coffee onto the table. The other one with a soft smile and brown hair had scolded him as if a mere child and picked up what was left in the cup, wiping the coffee clean off the table with a napkin. Yoongi watched blankly as the clumsy one was apologizing over and over several times before the other had shoved a chocolate pastry in his mouth to quiet him.

    He let out a small and almost unnoticeable smile at how fond the two were at each other. He would never tell anyone but... He secretly longed for the affection and love that most couples had. He had thoughts about finding a soulmate. Someone for him to spend his life with endlessly until the day they both moved on to a better world than here. Someone that he could fit into his arms and snuggle with. Yoongi yearned for the thought of just waking up and opening his eyes to just see his lover sleeping soundly. He wanted, no he needed to complete himself. He needed to fill the empty void in his heart, to find his other half.

    What Yoongi didn’t know was that the day he decided to set foot inside the small coffee shop would be the day that he would find his significant other, yearning for the same feelings and affections as him.

*ding ding*

    The sound of a bell awakened the boy from his thoughts, raising his head to the door where the bell had been reduced to a lull vibrating ring. He watched boredly for a second before turning his head away from the door, not bothering to look at the person who had entered. He stared blankly at the coffee machine, his eyes following the droplets of the coffee as it dripped from the grounder. Distracted by the nosy chattering, Jimin didn’t realize that he had went from counting the drops of the coffee to staring at the man in front of him.

    The boy’s eyes reacted first, wandering from the slightly taller male’s soft faded blonde hair to his piercing dark eyes to his toned chest, with arms that rippled with lean but firm muscles. He wore a simple black and striped sweater, the size too large on him, revealing part of his neck and collarbone, the pale and smooth glowing skin showing confidently. He widened his eyes slightly, breathing in the sweet sugary scent. His vision spiraled, the pleasant honey filled scent erupting his scent, blocking out any other smell. It was like a drug breathing it in deeply, and Jimin was addicted to it. He couldn’t get enough, needing more of it.  Everything about the man in front of him screamed perfect. His stunning looks, his soft feathery looking hair, and his exotic scent that drove Jimin crazy.

    He forced his eyes to rip away from the man and instead at the pen and notepad he had left on the counter. He grabbed it, avoiding eye contact with the beauty in front of him. He stared at the paper intensely, as if threatening to bore a hole through it. He tried to keep himself distracted, mumbling a small “...can I help you?”

    Yoongi, who was gawking at the waiter working behind the counter blushed almost unnoticeablely, dots of light pink tinged his cheeks, adding color that stood out compared to the milky white skin. If any of Yoongi’s friends were here, they would definitely urge for him to be sent to the ER for an immediate medical checkup. Yoongi had never felt his face flush before unless he was outside in the cold but he was inside the cafe and it most definitely was not cold. 

“Um.. Yes, can I get a medium roast black coffee... Sugar free please,” Yoongi spoke, cursing his voice for almost quivering in front of the raven haired boy taking his order.

    Jimin had almost been surprised at hearing the voice of the beady eyed man. He mouthed the order, ‘medium black roast coffee’. A look of despair instantly appeared in Jimin’s eyes after he had repeated the order.

Medium roast black coffee without sugar... That was what he always wanted every morning.’

    Jimin couldn’t afford to be distracted and shook away the thoughts. He quickly scribbled it down on his notepad, mumbling something incoherent before taking a deep and awkward bow and leaving as fast as he could go, the ends of his apron flying at the swift pace.

    Yoongi could only watch as the boy rushed off. He could only stare at him and how small he looked. He was beautiful with the ruffled black hair and those plump pink lips. He wanted him.

    But Yoongi wasn’t stupid. He saw that despite the innocent looks and warm aura, the raven haired male had a dark glare in those milky orbs. Something threatening lurked in his soul and no amount of puppy smiles could make up for that fact. Something about him intrigued Yoongi and he wanted to find that out. To be able to lift up his barrier with other people and finally set himself free from whatever trauma had been haunting him. Yoongi wanted to be there to help him recover and to able to see the boy’s real smile.

    Yoongi only nodded his head and sent Jimin a small smile and thank you before grabbing his coffee from the boy. He noticed Jimin’s body shiver at their hands touching when Jimin handed him his warm drink. Yoongi turned around to leave but not before sparing one last glance at Jimin who was mindlessly cleaning the counter again and again.

    A soft ring of the bell nearly made Jimin jump. He had waited a minute, staring at the bright counter before cautiously lifting his head up. He looked at the door seeing the last of the blonde hair turning the edge of the street before dissappearing silently away from the shop. Jimin had wanted to breathe out a small sigh of relief but felt guilty. He had wanted to at least know the man’s name but quickly hushed himself, telling himself that the idea was ludicrous. He couldn’t get close to the man even if he wanted to. He didn’t want to hurt him.

9:30 O’Clock

    Hours had past by until it was finally closing time for Jimin. The shop was now bare, with only crumbs of pastries occupying the seats and empty crinkled napkins on the tables along with a few copper coins here and there. Jimin had wiped out the counter and swept the floors as tidy as possible. It wasn’t because he wanted the cafe to be at its best (He did), but instead for a new reason: He needed to get his mind off the soft blonde haired man he had seen this morning. 

    He had just finished counting the profit that they had made today when an excited tap over his shoulder disrupted his thoughts. He looked over to see a friendly and cheery face, full of energy. Kim Taehyung. They had met in high school and ever since Taehyung had began working with Jimin once school ended. Together they ran a small coffee shop. 

    Taehyung would be a rocket to lift up Jimin’s anchor. He would take Jimin to new attractions and restaurants, always telling him that he needed to  cheer up more often. Taehyung was one of the only few people who had seen Jimin actually smile. Taehyung had always been a supportive friend of Jimin’s and always tried to comfort him when he was in deep water. Taehyung had brightened up Jimin’s world, even if it was just a bit. It was enough to keep him here and ground him from going all the way up to sky.

    So you must’ve seen the reaction to when Taehyung had asked Jimin to come with him to a nightclub.

10:30 O’Clock

    Jimin knew he would regret coming here. But Taehyung was an expert at persuasion and relucantly Jimin joined him. Taehyung had promised Jimin he would return back and that he had some business to do. Jimin decided not to follow Taehyung and looked around at the club for a bit before settling down on a stool near the bar.

    An hour and half later, Jimin was tired of the music and decided to look for Taehyung to tell him that he would call it a night when he suddenly felt a large force push on him until he was at the back of the club’s doors. Dazed from the sudden attack, he felt his arms being lifted above his head. He looked forward, the stench of alcohol making the boy want to gag. A large man had surrounded Jimin, and with the alcohol stench, it was beyond obvious that he was drunk.

”Hey there.. Little pretty aren’t you?” He drew out the words, slurring them.

”Stop,” Jimin pleaded, struggling against the strong arm grasping both of his wrists. They felt bruised already.

”It’ll only hurt a little if you behave,” The man said darkly before chuckling to himself.

    The man got even closer to Jimin, leaving almost no room between them. Jimin’s cries were lost along the loud waves of the music. No one was here to help him. The man reached until he was only inches away from touching the smaller male’s puffed lips. Jimin closed his eyes preparing for the worse of what could come to him but opened his eyes confusing when the man didn’t get closer and a choke could be heard.

    He saw the man on the ground unconscious to his right and instead a hand was placed softly on his hand. “Are you okay?”

    Jimin turned forward to see that same man he had met in the morning. The same warm eyes that held knowledge, the same textured body, the same soft hair. “Y-Yes.”

”What happened earlier?” The other man demanded, putting both of his hand in Jimin’s small ones.

”W-Well that man was drunk and he was-“ Jimin began but was interrupted by a sharp voice.

”No, not that,” Yoongi hissed. “What happened at the cafe. I saw something in your eyes. What’s wrong? Tell me.”

    Jimin was at a loss of words, memories suddenly flashing back at him. “W-Why? Why would you need to know? I don’t even know your-“

”Min Yoongi,” He replied instantly. “What about yours?”

”J-Jimin,” The boy stuttered nervously, “P-Park Jimin.”

”Please,” Yoongi’s voice changed, suddenly becoming softer. “Tell me Jimin. I need to be able to know to help you. I-I don’t want to see you like this.”

”Bu-But, why?” Jimin whispered out, “You barely even know me. Why would you want to-“

”That’s exactly why I want to get to know you better,” Yoongi blurted out, confessing. He couldn’t hold in all his emotions anymore. He needed Jimin in his life.

”I-I,” Jimin said before breaking down. He started crying, tears slipping down his face like streams of water. “A-a few years ago, I had found a lover.. Jungkook. He was amazing, everything that I wished for. He was beautiful and I loved him but-but I-I, I killed him..”

    Yoongi didn’t react to anything except rub Jimin’s back soothingly with his hand, lending a shoulder for the boy to cry on.

”W-We were leaving to go out to a bar. I b-begged him to, I wanted him to have some fun since he h-had been pressured with w-work lately. But on the way b-back we got into a car accident. I don’t remember anything except waking up in the hospital and t-the doctor telling me that he w-was gone. I k-killed him,” Jimin choked on his tears, sobbing away all the pressure he had kept into a small ball inside his heart.

    Jimin didn’t realize but pressure was being lifted off his shoulders now that he had done someone. He hadn’t ever told anyone, not even Taehyung. And here he was, confessing to a stranger and crying on his shoulder. He must’ve looked pathetic right now.

    But Yoongi thought otherwise. He kept murmuring soothing words into Jimin’s ears as he held him while he cried.

”Its not your fault, Jimin,” He repeated softly. “None of it was. You didn’t know it would happen. You didn’t try to kill him, you wouldn’t. I know you’re an amazing person and I didn’t have to meet you to know that. You have to share the burden of grief with someone. Let the weight fall off your shoulders, you’ve kept them up for so hold. Let your walls fall, even if just a bit. Let me see you Jimin. Let me protect you. Let me love you.”

    Jimin continued crying, letting his tears tell his story. Yoongi pulled him into a hug, continuing to rub him on the back. He carefully wiped a tear frboy’s face and let it fall 

    Their hug lasted for a while, Yoongi ignoring the sound of the loud music being blasted throughout the club. He didn’t care if he would receive any stares. At the moment, all that occupied his mind was protecting Jimin. He wanted to be together with Jimin forever and would give his heart to make him happy. Yoongi had found a purpose in life now, and he would swear on his soul to protect the boy in his arms all until his last breath. And even then, he would still watch out for Jimin. He would never lose him.

Epilogue: (If y’all even want to read it)

    Yoongi woke up with a blank dream. Usually he would have a difficult time sleeping but that had stopped after he had met his little Jiminie. Yes, that was a nickname he had created for Jimin but he thought it was cute. His mind was still fuzzed up apparently because he didn’t notice the small footsteps of something entering the room until he felt a small pressure on the bed right next to him. Yoongi blinked twice before realizing who it was. It instantly brought away his sleepiness and he shook the bangs from his face.

    His eyelids rose and he embraced the smaller boy into a hug. A minute later he backed away and planted a sloppy kiss on the boy’s lips. It tasted like coffee itself, the pink lips looking more delicious as always. 

    Jimin let out a laugh, the clear sound ringing in the room. It was better than any music Yoongi had listened to. He had practically lit up when he saw the smile on Jimin’s lips, his cute dimples showing. Jimin has been eager to smile lately and it greatly pleased Yoongi knowing that his Jimin had finally showed a smile to him. A genuine smile.

”Hello sleepyhead,” Jimin chirped softly, brushing the bangs from Yoongi’s face. “I’m going to make coffee now, okay?”

    Yoongi nodded, calming himself now. He couldn’t help but smirk as he saw his boyfriend stroll out of the room only to peek his head back in. The black haired boy smiled again, warmly stating his next words. 

“I love you, hyung” The boy said fondly, his eyes drawn to Yoongi’s half awake state, “Coffee?”

    Yoongi wrapped the blankets around him, smiling at what he would say stupidly at Jimin, knowing that the younger already knew what he wanted.

 ”Medium roast black coffee. Sugar free please.”