Happiness

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He wanted to be free.

The world should have changed a lot since the last time he saw it, Why did it occur to him that everything would be the same?... He could count on the fingers of his right hand the times he has been in the outside world and yet he harbored the illusive hope that it hadn’t changed.

He wanted to experience that kind of happiness again, in which he can be without any responsibility, any burden or weight on his shoulders as if the universe depends on it. He often wonders how things would be if he were a free person just like the others ... but at the same time it was only a thought that was often rooming in his head, only a dream. At least they couldn’t deprive him of dreaming.

 

Whenever he felt sad, he remembered the moments when he lived with him, on those occasions when he visited him more frequently. At first he had been frightened by his presence because he has always found himself alone with the company of white walls and furniture without any imperfection, until one day …someone else was in the room with him. The moment his eyes met he got scared, in his 10 years of life, he hadn’t seen someone like him. The dark color of his curious eyes examining every corner of the place; his clothes, unlike Jimin who always wore white or cream colors, sometimes even yellow, the other were completely the opposite with a small degradation of black and almost imperceptible red. Many questions went through Jimin mind, who was he? How had he got there? Where did he come from? Why was he crying?

He wanted to get closer and clean the tears of this person in front of him, but his legs did not seem to obey. It was until the other one noticed Jimin's presence that his face suddenly changed from an expression of sadness to one of amazement and with hurried steps he approached the other male to be just centimeters away. Jimin had guessed correctly, he thought that this person had very expressive eyes, which clearly showed their changes of expressions and maybe even humor.

“... Who are you?”

“Jimin” he replied with a whisper. For some reason, he couldn’t explain the sudden heat on his cheeks, but the intense look of the other made him nervous. He tried to take a step back to put some space between them but the other did not allow it and moved forward. “And who are you?”

“My name is Taehyung.”

At that time Jimin did not know it but, later he would remember this day as the one in which his life began to have some color, however strange it might sound considering the colors that Taehyung was always wearing were dark.

 

With those words something grew between them, Jimin thought that this is what others called “friendship” but sometimes it felt more than that. Over time he realized that Taehyung was not normal either, he could appear and disappear whenever he wanted, that had been the mere reason they’ve found each other. Taehyung said that the only thing he was looking for in life and in the different universes he visited was happiness. But he had come to a world in which everything was sadness and pain, where people hurt everyone around them and even themselves. In that world, everyone was busy disguising their sadness with false happiness. It was something that he couldn’t take any more so in his attempt to run away from that place he had found Jimin instead.

From that day on Taehyung visited Jimin frequently, always bringing him gifts from the places he visited, from small colored pencils to objects that neither of them can identify but had fun finding out together. His visits used to vary, some were short and lasted a few hours but others were so long that seemed like days.

Taehyung had become Jimin's favorite person, although Taehyung thinks that it was obvious the other always said that since he was the only person in his life but Jimin insisted that it was true. He used to get sad every time he was alone, he had nothing to do in that big house, and at least when Taehyung visited it felt less empty.

As they grew up Jimin began to notice the younger changes. He remembered how Taehyung used to be innocent and cheerful when they were little, but now he hardly smiled or at least not in an honest way, and no matter how many times Jimin ask or how much he worries, Taehyung always assure him that everything was fine, that he just felt tired.

To distract him, Taehyung began bringing him flowers of different colors, with different fragrances. There was this time in which he brought more than flowers. He started bringing yellow balloons because according to Taehyung every time he saw something of that color, it instantly made him think of Jimin.

 

One day the youngest had an idea: travel together. At first Jimin refused. He didn’t know what was out there and although he was curious to leave this place even once in his life, he was more worried and fearful of the unknown Also, he knew that he could get Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter