Day 1

our lives are stories (waiting to be told)

“You know, love, I can afford all of the expenses if you let me?” Jungkook frowned, tying his tie in attempt as Taehyung paced to their cabinet from another as the latter seeking for his identification card.

Taehyung glanced at his boyfriend for a moment before scrambling through his valuable items. Necklaces that Jungkook bought- some accessories he purchased for himself- and there was it, his identification card under the pile of draft papers. “I know, love. But I don’t want to be a burden-“

“You’re not.” Jungkook was quick to cut him off, groaning in irritation when he couldn’t ing do his tie. “You still give money to your family, baby. My parents already disowned me and no offense, my income is twenty times higher than you. Why don’t you let me to- , I need help. This ing tie is an .”

Taehyung gave out a short laugh, taking a few steps to reach his boyfriend and pulled him closer by his unfixed tie. Humming, he began to do the younger male’s tie, trying to remember the steps he watched on YouTube. “So I was saying, let me pay all the expenses and you save your own money for emergency purposes instead. Tae,” When the older male finished tidying his tie, Taehyung caressed the fabric down and Jungkook caught his hand to place it on his cheek. “I can’t bring my money with me in my grave. You have told me so, right?”

Taehyung melted. He delicately pinched his boyfriend’s cheek and breathed softly, looking down on the ground because Jungkook was right. As a matter of fact, Jungkook started working since he was 19 and began to have hundred thousand (sometimes, million) income when he turned 20. It was a business called networking; his boyfriend was really into it and was very motivated to pursue the job while studying psychology in College. And he was proud of what the younger male achieved even though it caused less communication and time.

“Okay, love.”

Jungkook’s smile bloomed, the next time Taehyung knew was his boyfriend was kissing him on the lips and it felt nice. Always felt nice. Always felt magical. Always felt fantastic. Always felt love.

“Thank you,”

Taehyung shook his head, gasping for air. “No, thank you,” He looked up at the latter, smiling lovingly at the younger male that who took care of him when he couldn’t even take care of himself most of the time.
 

“Hmm, stop giving me that smile, hyung.” He snickered, inching closer to whisper something to Taehyung. “I might not resist and eat you out before I go to work.”

Jungkook received a slight punch while Taehyung’s face dipped in crimson red.


“You sure you will be fine commuting?” Jungkook questioned while stuffing his feet into his shoes, Taehyung was behind him making sure that his boyfriend brought everything he needed with him for work.

“Yeah, my work starts at 9 AM and it’s still early.” He answered, taking notes of doing the chores before he go to work since it was only seven ing in the morning.

The younger male bobbed his head up and down in return, twisting the door knob and opened it. He swivelled half of his body around to steal a kiss from his boyfriend’s lips and muttered, “Okay then.”

“Take care, Jungkook-ah.” Taehyung leaned in again, claiming the younger male’s lips.

“I love you, hyung.”

“I love you too, .”

Then Jungkook waved goodbye. It felt surreal for Taehyung that he was finally living with the younger male after experiencing hell in College for 4 years. He leaned against the door frame and a small smile was plastered on his face. Love wasn’t perfect at all. Those who sought perfection in love was foolish. Because even he and Jungkook had fights and arguments before just like normal couples. It took time before Taehyung could control his anger issues and for Jungkook to remain less anxious every time they fought.

They practiced it. They practiced the art of communication. It wasn’t easy at first but they made it. They would talk the problem down calmly and shared each other’s perspective about the subject. Before meeting each other, Taehyung had several relationships that failed. He admitted, he was the jerk one in the story. Jungkook dated few, and always been ed up on. Due of their past experiences, their insecurities and trust issues were strong however they never stopped searching for a remedy for it. If one’s felt insecure, he would be the first one to express his thoughts thoroughly before the other party explained his side and assured the latter. It worked. Less fight, less argument, but they still had it anyway. And that was the secret of their relationship; communication.

Few minutes later, Taehyung smirked when he saw his boyfriend running back to their apartment and panting lightly. “, I forgot my-“

Taehyung chuckled, twirling the car keys around his finger braggingly. “Keys.”

Jungkook threw his head backwards to laugh, snatching the car keys from his boyfriend and grinned widely. “You moron.”

And they both were aware, what they had, would last. They were determined to always make it work.