Trouble 2

Noroi to chiryō-hō

20 years later (Now)


"Hey baby boy, time is wake up" said the soothing voice of a woman "I make your favourite breakfast"  Her hand rubbing his head gently. He feels warm, and doesn't want to wake up from his sleep. Once again the soft voice called him "Hyukjae, baby, wake up"

"No mom" he said, pull the blanket back, his lip give a little smile , he tease his mother. 

He's always like that. His mother will rubbed his head more longer until he really woke up. That's where he feels peaceful, safe and protected. 
  
"You're still being spoiled, now you have totally  grown up son " He can hear his mother chuckle " You are no longer five years old baby boy, but twenty five old boy" 

"Mom ~" he whined disagree. He is not yet 25 years old , he is still 24 and will be 25 in next month . "But I like you always consider me as your favorite boy" he said, suddenly the hand that his hair stopped. 

He did not hear or get any response from his mother "Mom ...." he call her but it's so silence. Pulled the blanket away from his face  "Mom?" He saw around his room, found no one. Weird, where did his mother go?

His gaze was fixed on the mirror beside his bed. He did not find his reflections but the mirror displayed something else, beyond his sense.

Inside there (mirror) he saw a woman in hurry crossing the road, not notice the green light for pedestrians had turned red. A screeching tire and a loud  heartbreaking voice was heard. Hyukjae gasped at the scene in front of his eyes. Like the past that happened in the present

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" a growl, Hyukjae shook his head "YOU SHOULD DIE!" the voice became loud followed by laugh and scream. 

"NO! SHUT UP!" He shout loud, close his eyes and ears "GO AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE!" the voice is gone , when he opened his eyes, he is get shock saw his parents bloody face front of him. 

He woke up with heavy breathing and a lot of sweat. He sighed, massaging his head lightly "Just a dream" he muttered 

This is the third time he have a dream like that. The dream that always begins with good things before it turns into a nightmare. He will always wake up with migraine and he dont know when it will end. At first he thought he had a dream about  his parents because he missed their presence. But he is no longer sure.

Sound of the ringtone from his phone distracts him. Seeing the clock on nightstand still showing at 6 am, wondering who the person is calling. Without seeing the caller ID, he answered the call.

"Hello" he wait for someone across the phone to answer. He waited for 2 minutes, before the person across the call answered in a half-whispered voice.

"Hyuk boss looking for you" the person across the phone answers. Hyukjae sighed for the umpteenth time, what did the old man want. He doesn't want to deal with this anymore. But that seems useless. You stubborn old man! 

" Now what?! I told you I'm quit! " sigh  

" He doesnt care Hyuk, you should meet him, there was something he want to talk about" he gritted his teeth

"I dont care, I said I've quit from this business, so dont call me again, bye!" he end the call. Doesnt care if the boss are upset or whatever, he doesnt care. The Important he is free from this illegal business and also from the sin he did. He was scared. Maybe this why he have the nightmare almost every night. His parents maybe upset with him, and God maybe hate him. It's why one by one the person he loved is gone. 


The tears is fall , he feel so lonely, he feel so useless, he feel so upset, he feel want to shout loud , told the world he need someone to comfort him, wipe his tears and never leave him. He feel suffocate, he feel want to die. But he cant, because he promised his mother who had sacrificed his life for him . He take a little robot on the table side his bed. This Iron Man that make him to stay strong for 20 years. But he so tired now, he feel want to give up.  

"Donghae... " he sobbing, call his best friend name. Or maybe ex bestfriend. "Donghae.. Help me.." 


.................................

Crash 

A cup of coffee that he want to drink fall of his hand and break into piece. 


"Oh God" he get suprise and suddenly felt not good for whatever reason. 

With carefully he walked to the corner room to pick up dustpan and brooms. Cleaning the mess that he caused. He take broken glass carefully with his hand,  put it on dustpan, and cleaning the rest with broom. 

After making sure there were no more glass flakes left behind, he throw away the broken glass into special trash can, and go to the washroom. 

While washing his hands in the sink, he saw many red dots, which were getting more and more. He was surprised to find that the red dot came from his scratched finger. Blood.... funny, he doesn't feel hurt at all. He press the wound hard so the blood stop dripping out. He cringed, and felt nauseous. This is bad, he thinks , maybe he should bandage it. 

 

He heard the door behind him is open. Seeing the mirror in front of him he saw the woman with long blue dress walking towards him. The woman smiling beautifully and he feel the world stop to round. 

"Hey"  she said still with those bashful smile, he turn around mean to hug her. But her eyes caught something else, those beautiful smile is gone replaced by a worried face.
 
"Oh God, what happens to your hands, let's come with me now, we must immediately take care of your wounds " she so worried and suddenly get panic,  he knows this will happen. The woman grab his arm intend to take him out, but what happens is the opposite. He pull the woman into his arm,  "Hey what are-" he cut her words, put his finger on her lips "Hae..." 

"Just for a minutes" he said and hug her tight "I miss you so much" the woman hug him back and smiling gently. 

"You just saw me one hours ago, its no yet for months or maybe years" she said try to be funny but she cant hide her sadness " You'll be fine there, believe me, dont forget to call me , okay" the men release her from the hug, their eyes meet each other "Hae" the woman call the men by his name.  Donghae bending his head, and kiss her lip gently. 

" I promise" He said "I love you" she shed tears on the last three words. Her hearth still hesitant, so she cant said the same words. Donghae knew , and he will not force her. He must go to another country , leave NewYork and his love behind. His real country, Seoul.