Sunday

A Week With Daddy [Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06:23 a.m.

 

Sehun tensed up a little, feeling his son's gaze on himself. He was half expecting Hansol to blurt out a who are you? at the moment as the little boy blinked at him in confusion. He let out a chuckle which came out in a nervous manner as he slowly walked towards his son. "Hey buddy, good morning," He gently took hold of his son's blanket from his lap and took a seat on his little bed.

 

"Daddy," Hansol eyed him skeptically. Sehun grinned at him, ruffling his hair, "Where's Mommy?"

 

"Mommy...went to Granny's for a week," Sehun mumbled, "But cheer up, Daddy will take care of you." He patted the little boy's shoulder.

 

Hansol's face contorted into a frown. He gave Sehun a chilly gaze, "Mommy didn't tell me anything."

 

"Yeah, she just left this morning. It was really urgent," He gave Hansol a little smile before scooping him up in his arms. "Mommy didn't have the heart to wake you up so early on a Sunday morning, Hannie."

 

"Daddy, take me to Mommy," Hansol made his father look at him, squeezing the man's shoulder. "Ask Mommy to come back."

 

"We can't do that," said Sehun, "She would've taken us along if she could, right?"

 

"No, bring me Mommy," Hansol demanded, flailing his arms with a pout on his face, "Now! I want Mommy!"

 

"No Hannie," Sehun cupped his soft cheek with his large palm, "Daddy will be with you for a week. Mommy went on a, let's say, holiday."

 

"Why will Mommy do that?" Hansol exclaimed, not at all convinced.

 

"Because everyone needs a holiday, baby," He said in a calm voice, setting him down on the marble counter beside the sink, "When you get a holiday, you spend it with Mommy, right?" Hansol let out a little 'hmph', turning away from his father, folding his arms. Sehun smiled, "And now Mommy got one so she's spending it with her Mommy. Do you get me, Hansol?" He reached out for the toothbrush in the holder beside him. Wings Club, he observed the design of it, smiling to himself. He had seldom been in this overly colorful bathroom of his son, he couldn't remember the last time. "Mommy needs a day-off, Hannie. You shouldn't be whining about it."

 

"But you never have holidays, why does Mommy have one now?"

 

Sehun stopped short while squeezing the toothpaste and looked at his son. Hansol gave him a disappointed gaze. Sarang had given him that same gaze last night.

 

"...Hannie, brush your teeth," He said, giving his son a serious gaze. He didn't want to hear those from his son's mouth. He had heard enough last night.

 

"Why do you never have holidays, Daddy?" Hansol asked again.

 

"I can't...have holidays," he looked at the boy, handing him the toothbrush. "Brush your teeth and come out." With that, he dashed out of the bathroom, leaving his son all to himself.



 

07:27 a.m.

 

"Mommy, come back," Hansol said, wiping his tears with his little palm, holding his father's phone against his chubby cheek with the other hand, "Why did you leave? Why didn't you take me with you?"

 

"Hannie, baby, listen to Mommy, okay?" Sarang said in a soothing voice. Hansol looked around, making sure his father was nowhere near. "You have to be good to Daddy like you are to Mommy. You two can be best friends, Hansol."

 

"I don't wanna be friends with Daddy," He said in a hushed whisper, afraid his father would pop out all of a sudden and take the phone away, "he's scary."

 

"Daddy's not scary," His mother released a sigh, "He's just not used to this," it seemed as if she was mumbling to herself.

 

"I wanna see Granny. Come back and take me with you," Hansol whined as tears cascaded down his cheeks. His lips were pulled into a line, his nose had turned red just like his eyes. The drool from his lips and the tears fell together on his yellow t-shirt that he had managed to wear without anyone's help that morning. "I don't like Daddy. Daddy doesn't want me."

 

"Who wouldn't want you, Hansol?" Sarang chuckled, "You're the sunshine in our lives. Daddy loves you too."

 

"No, he doesn't—"

 

"Hey, that's my phone!" The little boy gasped when he heard his father's voice, "What are you doing with that?" Sehun's eyes were wide, his son's were wider. Hansol was terrified to his bones as Sehun gave him that glare, "Is that Mommy you're talking to?" Hansol slowly nodded, afraid his father might not like his words. Sehun panicked, snatching the phone from him, "S-Sarang, listen to me. I can—"

 

"You're so dead when I come back, Oh Sehun," Sarang said in that lowered voice that sent chills down his spine.

 

"Hey, what did you tell Mommy?" He glared at his son, pacing around the room. He squeezed his eyes shut, plopping himself on the couch beside Hansol. The little boy moved away from him, a little afraid. "Sarang, l-look, I can explain—"

 

"He is crying, Sehun," Sarang sighed from the other line, "Because of you. He thinks he does not need you in his life, that he is better off with his Mommy," Sehun fell back on the couch with a tired sigh, "What do you think of yourself now? Father of the year?"

 

"Stop mocking me, Sarang."

 

"I am not mocking you, idiot, I'm just trying to get it through your thick skull. You cannot remain a stranger to your son," Hansol looked at him with his innocent eyes, making Sehun feel worse about himself. He was having a hard time to realize that Sarang was not trying to ruin these seven days of his life by staying at her mother's place.

 

"Sarang, I'm trying." Sehun shut his eyes, wanting to whine about the situation and get through it. "I'm still new to this."

 

"Fine, I understand." Sarang said after long silence with a sigh, "I've reached Mama's place by the way, safe and sound. Don't worry about me."

 

"Darling, I can never stop worrying about you," he mumbled into the phone with an absent-minded expression.

 

"Worry about your son for the week, Mr. Oh," she said, "I'll be back soon." She hung up on him, making him huff in disappointment. For a minute, he had forgotten about his son as he stared at the wall ahead, filled with their pictures, their pearly grins. He missed her. He has been missing her for years now.

 

Sehun snapped his head towards his phone when he felt the vibrations.

 

Tutti Fruity

07:33

take a day-off! end the day with Hannie smiling! best of luck!

 

Sehun watched as his son leaned down to read the text from his Mommy. He wanted to shove the device into his face. The little guy couldn't read yet, Hansol was only four years old, a nursery student in the nearby school, and Sehun often forgot that. "What does it say?" Sehun asked, a little irritated. Hansol blinked up at him, the stains of tears down his eyes to his cheeks so prominent that Sehun felt bad about himself.

 

"What does it say?" Hansol asked the same to him, except with that innocent expression on his face. "Is it from Mommy?" he poked his thigh, demanding an answer. Sehun nodded, reluctantly, looking away.

 

"It says that if Hansol doesn't listen to Daddy, Daddy will return him to the hospital," Sehun lied in that flat tone with a smile before standing up. Pointing a finger at his son, he said, "So, little guy, you better listen to me before it leads to World War 3." And what of the world wars did his four year old son understand?

 

"Daddy, did Mommy scold you in the phone?" Hansol's lips tilted into a faint smile, before it gradually grew into a smirk. He observed just how much like himself his son looked. Sehun's smile contorted and his lips turned into a line. Hansol chuckled at that change of expression. "You should be good to Hansol, Oh Sehun."

 

Sehun's brow arched at the tone his son was using on him. "What did you just say?" He folded his arms, trying to give Hansol his most intimidating look.

 

The guy merely chuckled, "You lied to me. Mommy didn't write that. I know."

 

"You'll survive, Hansol is a good kid." "How do you know?" Sehun asked, gulping.

 

"I know my alphabet, Daddy. Want to hear the song?" He grinned up at his father who only shrugged before shaking his head sideways. Hansol's lips gathered into a pout when he saw that response from his father. His Mommy would always listen to his ABC song, no matter how many times.

 

"Where do you want to go today?" Sehun asked, his shoulders slumped. He grabbed his phone to notify Vernon that he wouldn't be coming to the office. It was the first Sunday in a long while that he wouldn't be going there.

 

"School!" Hansol exclaimed, playing with the hem of his shirt. "Daddy, did you ever go to school?"

 

"Yeah, why?" he mumbled back, "And you don't have school today, it's Sunday." Sehun's eyes remained glued to the phone as he typed away, sitting down on the spot he was previously occupying.

 

Hansol poked his arm, "Can I get ice cream today?" Sehun grunted a little, pushing his hand away, paying his phone his undivided attention. "Daddy?" Hansol blinked at him and then at his phone. "Daddy, ice cream?" he asked again in that cute tone but his father was, unfortunately, too busy to listen. Hansol stood up on the couch, before putting one of his feet on the arm rest. He soundlessly climbed on the head rest of the couch, a mischievous smile on his face. When he was near his father's ears, he bit his lip to keep a chuckle in, "What are you doing, Daddy?"

 

Sehun jumped in surprise. Being someone who was very sensitive around his neck and behind his ears, he lost hold of his phone. Shivers ran down his spine as he found himself on his feet, facing his son who was laughing at him. "What the is wrong with you?" Language, Sehun, he could almost hear Sarang in his head as his son stopped laughing and started blinking at him. "Can't you see I'm working? You're so ing spoiled!" And it was all his wife's fault but he was too in love to admit so.

 

Hansol gulped, looking at his father shooting him that glare. "...Daddy?" Sehun folded his arms against his chest, his phone long forgotten. His son's almost teary eyes weren't working on him. Hansol fidgeted with his fingers, holding his gaze in the otherwise silent room. Such thick silence could be cut with a knife. "Daddy, ice cream?"

 

"You're not getting whatever you want. That is not how it goes," Sehun stated even though he had no idea about how things usually went. He was raised in a family that barely strived through all the economic burden, in a run-down apartment that was barely enough for their family of three. His parents were always busy looking for money and they never had time for him. He didn't remember a day his father had spent with him. "I'm not your Mommy. Don't expect me to be nice to you."

 

"But, Namjoo's daddy is nice. Why can't you be nice too?" Hansol whined, a pout gradually taking its place on his face. "He even bought us ice creams. Mommy is friends with him, Daddy."

 

Sehun arched his brows, crouching down, all of a sudden interested, "With whom?"

 

"Namjoo's Daddy," Hansol said with a straight face. "Can I have him as my Daddy instead of you? Namjoo and I can play all day if we live in the same house," His lips tugged into a smile. "Right, Daddy?" Sehun blinked at his son, finding his head to be a little dysfunctional when Hansol had said those. "I asked Mommy and she said that my Daddy is the best. Daddy, why would she lie to me?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter