Flower On The Field

Wen You Never Give Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan walking to edge of the basketball court, sweating like hell; all she need right now is good shower with her favorite vanilla soap.

Playing friendly match with the boys is never really her favorite, but she’s still enjoying it the most. She took small blue towel from her converse bag wiping the sweat from her face before closing her eyes and lies on the gym floor trying to catch her breath.

“you are incredible wan! Even the boys barely catch up with your playing style” a voice come closer to her, without opening her eyes Seungwan recognize the voice belong to Chanyeol her best friend.

“you think we can finish at first place this year?” Seungwan answer like never hear the compliment Chanyeol said just now

“as your coach, I would say it’s possible as long as you keep your condition fit and keep your focus” he said, Chanyeol have been coaching the girls team because the dean didn’t afford enough money to pay another hour for the coach.

The boys team always have more hope for winning the tournament that’s why they need professional coach with brilliant tactics.

Seungwan was hopeless, as a captain for girls team she have burden to prove the dean that the team deserve more and she’s going to prove that. But there is also times when she curse herself for having such interest, she wonder it’s must be less tiring if she have interest with another activities such research or anything that have attention for the dean, it must be give her many privileges.

But what should she say, just for pass her subject she have to give up hours of her sleeping time. Seungwan is not the most brilliant student in her class but she is not average student either. The standard of pass from her university is way different from her parents’ standard of pass.

Her parents didn’t appreciate another score than perfect A. that’s why she studying harder than anyone because one wrong move and she’s going to lose her option and have to obedient to her parents.

When her schedule getting crazier and the subject never getting easier she thinking about give up to her basketball hobby and focus to her grade but if she think about it again playing basketball is her way of relieve stress, the only think that she’s really good at.

Her breath getting steady and her body temperature already decreased, she open her eyes meeting Chanyeol smiling face. The boy sitting on the bench not far from her head lies.

“says Wan, what time your class started tomorrow?”

“why?”

Even we are studying in the same electrical engineering major we are end up in different class.

“at 10.00” she added, after try to lift up her tired body

“come to campus at 8.00, I need you to company me” the boy said, from her facial expression Seungwan sure he is exited

“I don’t know Yeol, I didn’t get enough sleep yesterday. I feel like wake up late tomorrow” she tried to compromise because she really sleep for one hour yesterday is amazing how her body still catch up with those boys running around the field for their friendly match just now.

“come on wannie, I will treat you good ddobokki cheese” he said almost whined, making Seungwan cringe. Chanyeol can be handsome, charismatic and cool basketball captain for his fan girl. But for Seungwan whom friend with him for as long she can remember he is such annoying toddler sometimes.

“you want to me accompany you where exactly?” Seungwan huffed, can’t bear listening to his whine

“Psychology’s building!” Seungwan startled because of the sudden excitement

“now what are we going to do there?” she stand up, gathering her belonging getting ready to leave, she really need long bath to get rid of sticky sweat all over her body.

“the boys keep talking about this pretty girl named Irene from that major, I just got curious how pretty this girl”

Seungwan frowned

“I swear Park Chanyeol, are you have so much time to sparel?” Seungwan’s sure the boys standard from her major of ‘pretty’ is never meet her standard. I mean the lack of population of girls in their major make every girl’s looks pretty for them.

“they said, this Irene girl really can pass SM entertainment audition with her face” he is hopeless, seungwan thought

“Let’s see if I’m able to wake up that early tomorrow. Now I am going home first” Seungwan already wearing her jacket. The one that she really proud of because it’s boost her ego every time she enter the basketball match for every match.

Yeah her basketball jacket, with number 77 on right chest and their major logo on left chest also CAPTAIN written around her left arm.

“I will make sure to wake you up, remember at 8! Let’s meet at gym parking lot!” chanyeol shout when seungwan just wave her hand above her head walk out from gym.

Outside the building chilly air welcoming her, in front of where she standing written big “PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTEMENT”

Ahhhhhh the building is near the gym that’s why Chanyeol ask them to meet here. It’s pretty far from where her major building is. It’s like the other side of the campus.

Excited of the thought having nice long bath Seungwan jogging to where her car parked. The night is still young but there is not much people, Seungwan catch a girl walking alone a little far in front of her.

“do you think we should approach her now?”

“no. not yet, let’s wait after the last corner the possibility of another people there is almost none”

The conversation of bunch of boys five feet away in front of her give her chills down her spin. She don’t know who’s they talking but she didn’t like any idea in her head.

They must be not aware of her presence.

With that, she jogging a little faster, struggle with taking off her jacket. With plan in her head, she catching up to the girl and draped her jacket around that small body. Pretended that she know the girl.

Seungwan hold her tighter hoping the boys didn’t catch the girl movement. The girl practically jumps off from her feet, Seungwan sure her action startled the girl.

The girl looking at Seungwan question all over her face, all she can offer now is just smile. She’s mentally making note to ask her forgiveness later.

For now she just turns the girl and pushing her to walk like nothing happened, for her surprise the girl didn’t give any sign of protest and walk side by side with Seungwan.

Seungwan keep her hand on the girl back, the boys’ movement behind them sound closer. Before the last corner the boys pass them and took different way where the girl led them.

After Seungwan think it’s already safe, she let go off her hand from the girl

“I am sorry for startled you just now, you have been followed by them and I… I just think it’s not safe for you to deal with them alone” Seungwan swear, she look stupid right now, blame her parents’ for always taught her to be aware, to care and be kind with people.

“It’s fine, I know they have been following me since I come out from library. Thank you for coming, I am really grateful” the girl said, stopped right under post lamp beside the road.

Now Seungwan can properly saw the girl face. The way those eyes looking at her, the way the edge of her lips lift up she is beyond pretty. Seungwan mesmerize of beauty in front of her.

Her brain working hard to make decent sentence other than ‘you are pretty’. She can’t make fool of herself now, can she?

“uh..ohh.. ehhmmm where’s your house? I will walk you there…I mean, it’s not safe… ehhmm for a ehmmm girl walking alone” Seungwan make it to not blurting ‘for a beautiful girl’ escape her lips but she mentally scold herself for stuttering.

The girl just smiling and continue walking, seungwan continue following her. Silent is around them but it’s still comfortable.

Stealing glance of the girl every now and then, the girl casually wear her jacket properly. It must be s little oversize for her because seungwan can’t saw her hand come out.

That jacket looks really good on you

She thought

The thought make her smiling but cursing a second later. She hope it’s didn’t smell bad, she regret it to not wash the jacket this morning.

“we are here” she said

Seungwan looking at her surrounding, ahhh she’s life at girls’ dormitory.

The girl trying to take off her jacket, but without thinking any further

“keep it! You can give it back maybe next time if we meet again, don’t go home alone and late at night again.” Seungwan a little shout while jogging backward.

Seungwan swear she saw a little blush on the girl pale cheek, after waving her hand and give the girl another smile, Seungwan turn around and starting to running to where the car parked.

Arrived inside her car, she realizes her heart beating fast. Sengwan not really sure the cause of it, but one thing she’s sure is even after play basketball for full time with the boys didn’t make her heart beating this fast.

That night.. seungwan take a really long bath and go sleep with the girl face in her mind. She hopes their fate will cross again.

.

Ringtone blared annoying the hell out of seungwan, without opening her eyes she tried to find her phone.

She pick up the call and placing the phone on her ear

“BRAT I SAID 8.00 at parking lot! If you are not here in 10 minutes say good bye to your birthday present for this year!” chanyeol shouting from the other line.

With that her eyes shoot open. Oh no! the boy promise her the limited edition of Jordan shoes. She can give it up it cost her all her pocket money if she’s going to buy it herself.

She was about answer maybe she can ask for another 10 minutes, but for her dismay Chanyeol hung up just like that.

She cursed Chanyeol in her mind for ten good minutes until she success to parking her car beside Chanyeol’s, she never know that she can take a bath in one minute. She was practically flying around her unit just now. Damn that Park and his threat.

Still panting she goes out from her car, closing her car door with all her might.

She meets Chanyeol’s all smiley face

“You meanie!” grunted, seungwan throw her bag to chanyeon face. Being basketball athlete he is, he catches it without much difficulty following with giggle.

“come on, ddoboki we are coming” he said childishly, walking ahead still bring seungwan’s bag

Seungwan following behind him while pulling out her phone from her pants pocket.

Damn! It’s still 8.00. he is so annoying! He was yelling likes she’s like for an hour just now damn Park Chanyeol.

There is 9 miscall, all from that annoying friend, guess she managed to wake up on his 10 ring, serves him right. Huh

She didn’t really pay attention to where she is going, the sight of chanyeol’s shoes still in front of her telling her that she didn’t have to lift up her face.

But didn’t pay attention to where you are going is never good idea, because suddenly all she can see is a body in her embrace. And all she can hear is the sound of her phone meeting the floor.

SHOOOOOOTTTT!!! Better nothing happened to that phone, Seungwan thought.

“nice catch” Caenyeol’s voice not far from her bring back her sense, just then she realize, she’s preventing a body to crash the floor.

She stand up and making sure whoever in her embrace already standing steadily before letting go her hand around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter