rough sketch

Light Blue Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Is your pesto pasta any good?”

“Joy, you’ve ordered that a bunch of times… so I assume that it is.”

Then the giant laughs. Joy, along with Seulgi and another girl. Wendy has already seated the three and she was now taking their orders after Joy has finally decided on what to order.

Since Wendy started working at the café, Joy would randomly dine in with friends – usually with Seulgi, since their schedules almost match with each other’s despite being in different departments,

“Okay, Joy. I’m ordering the pesto for you before you think of anything else.” Wendy remarks as she scribbles down the order. She then looks up and asks what the other two would like.

“I’ll have the honey bread, please!” Seulgi cheers. She would always get that one, too. Wendy nods and smiles at the cute bear. Meanwhile, their other friend was still looking at the menu; as if she wasn’t really browsing for something to eat. She was just looking.

Before Wendy could say anything, Joy playfully elbows her friend. “Yo, Joohyun!” she calls. “What’ll you have?”

Joohyun then looked really startled, but quickly got hold of her composure. She skims the menu again. “I’ll have a Philly Cheesesteak.” Joohyun says. Wendy then scribbles that down and then repeats their orders. “Alright, I’ll be back in 15 minutes. Don’t do anything silly.”

“Okay, Wannie.” Joy says in a rather playful tone, then slaps Wendy’s . Wendy then puffs her cheeks. Seulgi laughs along. When Wendy leaves with their orders, the three of them started talking about random stuff.

Joy saw Joohyun lurking around their building earlier, so she asked her older roommate to eat out, along with Seulgi. Seulgi was still in class when Joy sent a selca with her and Joohyun in it, then tailing with a message asking her if she wanted to eat. She giggles and sends a goofy sticker that a had a thumb up.

Joohyun knew Seulgi through Joy, back when she was finding for someone who can make illustrations for the book sample that she wrote for her prac teacher assessment. Since then, she’s always consulted Seulgi regarding creatives.

“That’s Seungwan, by the way.” Joy tells Joohyun as she pointed to Wendy who was now greeting other diners. “She’s Seulgi’s roommate.”

Joohyun snaps her fingers. “So that’s Seungwan!” She says with much enthusiasm. “The one who likes coffee.” Then she laughs. Joy takes a sip water while looking at her roomie. “I can’t believe you still remember that, Unnie.”

“Sure, I do! Joyie here brought back a bag of coffee beans, even though we didn’t have a coffee maker at home.” Then Joohyun rests her chin onto her hand. “She told me Seungwan asked her to buy those in her place, ‘cause she couldn’t go to the coffee shop near our dorm as it was running late.”

Seulgi was in awe. “Did she pay you?” was the first thing she asks.

“Of course, she did!” Joy laughs.

 

Their food was then served by another waiter, as their meals were too heavy for Seungway to carry. Seungwan looked at them from the POS booth, then she cutely waves at the three. Joy sees this and waves back.

“Isn’t she the cutest?” she thinks aloud. The other two just laugh at their tall friend’s random remark.

•   •   •

As Joohyun was half-done with her cheesesteak, Seulgi calls for her attention as fishes out a paper bag underneath their table. Joy was kind of busy with her pasta, so Seulgi stands up and sits beside Joohyun who was seated at the other side. Before anything else though, she wipes off the bit of cream that felt like it was beside her lip for some time now.

“Is this…?”

Seulgi then nods. “Yeah, this is the thing that I was talking about a few days ago.” She then looks if anyone was watching them. “I really hope you can fix it, Unnie.”

Joohyun peeks inside the paper bag that Seulgi was trying so hard to hide from Seungwan. The brunette catches a glimpse of mint blue cotton,

Please log in to read the full chapter