iced coffee

Light Blue Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

Several tacks from the keyboard fill the cold dorm room. It was already two in the morning, but Seungwan has only finished half of her project that was due hours from now. Ignoring anything else, it didn’t matter if she’d still get sleep. Seungwan just wanted the brochure layout to be done.

Their bunk bed creaks a few times before a sigh was heard.

“Still not done, Wan?” her bear-like friend Seulgi asks her as she stands beside Wendy, who was wrapped with her university hoodie. Seulgi has been Wendy’s roommate since they started university together, and through the semesters that have passed, she has seen Wendy evolve into some sleep-deprived zombie who fills herself up with nothing but iced coffee and club sandwiches from 7-Eleven.

Wendy changes positions for the first time in hours, just to acknowledge Seulgi’s presence. “Sorry, Seul.” She says in an apologetic tone. “My laptop kept on crashing, and you know that this layout I’m doing is due on the first hour.”

Seulgi could only smile and pat Wendy’s back. “You know you could always use mine, Seungwan. I don’t mind at all.” She says. “Besides, I’m already done with my layout.” Then Seulgi rushes to the other side of their small dining table where her bag was placed.

“Thanks, Seul.” Then she stretches her back, as Seulgi brought out her laptop. Wendy then repeatedly hits Control + S before she stands up and walks to their small fridge. Wendy opens the door and squats down and pours milk and sugar syrup into her glass.

“Would you like some Iced Coffee, Seul?” Wendy offers as she then grabs a handful of ice for her concoction.

Seulgi hums, “Sure thing! With less milk, if it’s okay.” Then she smiles at the view of their coffee maker, full of freshly brewed coffee.

“Alright!”

“I can’t believe you have to redo Art Appreciation, Joy.” Seulgi mocks as she takes a spoonful of fried rice. “Out of all classes…” Then Wendy laughs along as she takes a sip of her cold brew.

As much as Sooyoung would want to choke Seulgi to death, she can’t because she wouldn’t want to be sent to the Disciplinary Office again. And Wendy was with them, so what harm can a few jokes from the bear do.

“It’s not like I’ve failed the whole semester, Unnie.” Joy scoffs. “And besides, I'm always tardy. I guess that’s why Miss Kim gave me a failing grade.”

Wendy loved Fridays as much as the next guy. Besides being a day before the weekend, it was the only day that the three of them could hang out together in campus. She and Seulgi are both in the Fine Arts department, but they both have conflicting schedules. Meanwhile, Joy is in the Education department, which is an ocean away from their building.

They would always hangout at the mall nearby. They’d go window shopping (and Joy wo

Please log in to read the full chapter